Datel Powersaves 3DS and Windows 8

Angelsbane720

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11308[/ATTACH]

When I attach the device via USB to my computer, I get the "USB device not recognized" message from Windows.

"USB Device Not Recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, your device may not be working properly."

Receiving Diancie activates a mini-in game event in the Pokemon Centre.

And that's about it. nothing special happened when I went to Reflection cave.

Moveset

18 - Reflect

21 - Stealth rock

27 - Guard Split

31 - Ancient Power

35 - Flail

40 - Skill Swap

46 - Trick Room

49 - Stone Edge

50 - Moon Blast

50 - Diamond Storm

I didn't go any further

I'm also using it on windows 8 x64 and everything is ok. I have backup the installed driver but is up to you use it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oh0kCDgZ!XQmQxQAJannEkxvqWh2nqnKAM8MvYM9Ym0vZ-xjPkMs

Can you tell me all of the steps to do this?

I attempted to get this to work, but I don't think it did.

I downloaded that file, opened it and restored the drivers. I then restarted my PC like it said.

Upon restarting my PC and plugging in the powersaves device, I get the same "USB Device not recognized error".

Am I missing something?

Can you tell me all of the steps to do this?

I attempted to get this to work, but I don't think it did.

I downloaded that file, opened it and restored the drivers. I then restarted my PC like it said.

Upon restarting my PC and plugging in the powersaves device, I get the same "USB Device not recognized error".

Am I missing something?

Things to try:

-Try a different USB port.

-Make sure the contacts on the USB port are clean

Connect the Datel Powersaves device to your USB - then press Windows-R (Windows key and R) - the "Run" screen should open.

Type in "devmgmt.msc" to open the Windows device management. Does it show any "unknown device"? If so: if you unplug the Datel Powersaves Adapter - would that unknown device disappear.

In that case you haven't installed the driver properly.

If you don't see any unknown device - is the Datel Powersaves device properly listed among other devices? It should be listed as a "Human Interface Device" with no other data.. just.. when you remove it.. the hardware item gets removed and added back in.

Edited by haoLink

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this issue as well.

The device just DOES NOT show up on my laptop, no matter which USB i plug it into. It isn't in the device manager, it isn't anywhere. It's really upsetting me because I'd like to be able to use my new Power Save. I have tried both the stock USB cable and another cable of the same variety that I owned. I have cleaned the connections, updated all my drivers, and plugged it into every USB port I have. Anyone have any ideas?

To be more specific: b7ViBoO.png

I am having this issue as well.

The device just DOES NOT show up on my laptop, no matter which USB i plug it into. It isn't in the device manager, it isn't anywhere. It's really upsetting me because I'd like to be able to use my new Power Save. I have tried both the stock USB cable and another cable of the same variety that I owned. I have cleaned the connections, updated all my drivers, and plugged it into every USB port I have. Anyone have any ideas?

To be more specific: b7ViBoO.png

Try this.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24780-How-to-use-the-SMS4-or-NDS-Backup-Adapter-Plus-on-Windows-8-Preview&p=149956

Datel usually signs their drivers, but I can't definitively say they did for this.

Try this.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24780-How-to-use-the-SMS4-or-NDS-Backup-Adapter-Plus-on-Windows-8-Preview&p=149956

Datel usually signs their drivers, but I can't definitively say they did for this.

Well, I did what you said. After it was all said and done, I plugged in the device, and it "ping'd" as if a device were detected. However, the device still does not show up on Device Manager, and the "ping" hasn't been heard since I switched which port it was in in order to see if that USB port was simply faulty (spoilers, it's not). I've no idea what to do now.

• 2 months later...

Try allowing the Powersaves application through your firewall if it isn't already, or turning off your firewall completely while you plug it in. I was having a slightly different issue and despite people telling me that it was definitely a hardware issue, this solution worked for me.

Also worth noting that sometimes the application doesn't recognise that there is hardware plugged in unless a 3DS cart is in it. Sometimes I have to plug a cart in, unplug the device and plug it back in for the computer to recognise it.

Hope this helps.