X / Y Save File Research

Kaphotics

I know it may seem like a strange question since I can obviously get a decrypted save already but I do have a couple use cases where this may come in handy.

If you have a encrypted 0000001.sav and a decrypted "main" from savedatafiler made at the same time would it be possible to generate a save key stream by just comparing them? (All digital versions so Powersaves is not a option like the current instructions need)?

My use cases for why it would be handy would be

For if I ever accidently end up with a broken 3DS but no recent decrypted backups I could pull the memory card which is still likely working and get a decrypted main that could be imported into a replacement system.

To open some old backed up .sav files from before getting a Gateway.

I do make regular backups both local and offsite but I still want to be extra safe and like the thought of the ability to not depend on old backups but be able to decrypt the latest as long as the pretty well protected memory card survives.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
How can I use this with save dongle please help. Thanks!

there's currently no way to send the modified save back onto the original game, only gateway users can take advantage of modified saves unless you own a cyber gadget dongle along with Japanese copies of the game and console.

there's currently no way to send the modified save back onto the original game, only gateway users can take advantage of modified saves unless you own a cyber gadget dongle along with Japanese copies of the game and console.

> implying the 3DS was updated to 9.5.0-23.

Because using ram2sav is technically saving a modified save back onto the original game... even though not all properties can be saved that way.

• 1 month later...

I really wish I can edit my Powersaves save files with PKHeX... too bad :(, there´s no way to do it anymore.. And if Datel ignore my request of the Support of PKHeX of Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS I´ll never use PKHeX with Powersaves.. Why this life is like this... Powersaves is a program for edit your savegame(like hacking) and they don´t support PKHeX? What kind is this thing.. ;(

I really wish I can edit my Powersaves save files with PKHeX... too bad :(, there´s no way to do it anymore.. And if Datel ignore my request of the Support of PKHeX of Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS I´ll never use PKHeX with Powersaves.. Why this life is like this... Powersaves is a program for edit your savegame(like hacking) and they don´t support PKHeX? What kind is this thing.. ;(

If you have a N3DS on 9.2 fw or below it's possible to reinject modified saves back onto the game