X / Y Save File Research

Kaphotics

I still don't get it. In the previous version of PKHeX, once I got the keystream through XORpad I was able to fully drecrypt the saves brute forcing them, obtaining the Save1key, which allowed me to completely decrypts all of save1. Now it seems like is not fully decrypted when I try to open it with PKHex...

So what has changed? Is there a new procedure to get save1 fully decrypted, or is it just me that I'm not doing it rightly?

The error listed in the SAV tab will give you more information.

I tightened up the restrictions on re-saving. Overwriting badly decrypted data results in a bad save.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's preventing you from saving, it's not 'rightly decrypted'.

So how should I fully decrypt the save file in order to get it completely opened in the new version of PKHeX then?

I am following the guide that SciresM posted to completely decrypt Save1, but it just worked for me with the previous version of PKHeX, because with the new one I get the "hash verification failed" message, plus I can't re-save and export the file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

So how should I fully decrypt the save file in order to get it completely opened in the new version of PKHeX then?

I am following the guide that SciresM posted to completely decrypt Save1, but it just worked for me with the previous version of PKHeX, because with the new one I get the "hash verification failed" message, plus I can't re-save and export the file.

I shouldn't have to keep quoting myself...

The error listed in the SAV tab will give you more information. In order to save, the active save index (at 0x168) must refer to the correct hashes. If the hashes are invalid or if it's pointing to the wrong hash, then the save isn't properly decrypted.

If DISA & "main" ascii are not present in the save, then the save isn't partially decrypted.

If the Hashes don't match, then the hashes aren't decrypted. "ERROR: NO ACTIVE DIFI HASH MATCH"

If the DISA hash matches the wrong DIFI blob, then it isn't decrypted properly. "ERROR: ACTIVE BLOCK MISMATCH"

if you're using the 'dirty decryption' method as some call it (where you take a blank save and boot the game to the langauge menu and close, etc) then after you get the save partition decrypted, I just paste in the DISA/DIFI headers and recalculate everything till it checks out and then xor with the original save in hopes of getting a more or less accurate xorpad.

it's great all that this much progress has been done.

i'm curious as to why we need to use powersaves to apply the x999 item code though?

is it just for powersaves to do it's 'magic', and not dependent on the code itself?

it's great all that this much progress has been done.

i'm curious as to why we need to use powersaves to apply the x999 item code though?

is it just for powersaves to do it's 'magic', and not dependent on the code itself?

I believe it's to apply the correct xorpad. I'm not entirely sure why the xorpad isnt correct after having the game initialize the data.

• 2 weeks later...
Unlikely. And there HAS to be one involved somewhere because of the AES-MAC.

Oh. Cant someone make a farm of AES-MAC-signing 3DS's that could sign the headers for us if we send in our edited decrypted saves?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Oh. Cant someone make a farm of AES-MAC-signing 3DS's that could sign the headers for us if we send in our edited decrypted saves?

Essentially, yea.. that's probably how Datel does it, but thats not something thats all that easy to do.

Essentially, yea.. that's probably how Datel does it, but thats not something thats all that easy to do.

I know; it would be very expensive and very hard. Hopefully, there will be a breakthrough where we will be able to Pkx inject without a hardware modded or even a modded 3DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use someone else's PowerSaves save file to overwrite that file to a different cartridge? Like, if someone's save file has Hoopa/Volcanion (obtained with a modded 3DS or whatever), and they back up that save using PowerSaves and then send that file to me, would I be able to put that in my PowerSaves folder and restore that backup?

Just an idea, I guess.

Is it possible to use someone else's PowerSaves save file to overwrite that file to a different cartridge? Like, if someone's save file has Hoopa/Volcanion (obtained with a modded 3DS or whatever), and they back up that save using PowerSaves and then send that file to me, would I be able to put that in my PowerSaves folder and restore that backup?

Just an idea, I guess.

No, it's not.

• 1 month later...

Just an idea, I guess.

No, it's not.

Google --3DS "Save Bank"-- (without dashes)

Then tell me it's 'impossible'. :biggrin:

The only problem @marcusc04 that you don't understand is that Pokemon are actually on a different type of cartridge altogether and thus their saves are handled much differently than the other cart type. Google card2 3DS. The barriers to transferring card2 saves between carts have been exhaustively discussed by the major 3DS hackers here and on other forums.

Hello, first state that I am Spanish and use a translator, so sorry for errors.

I managed to successfully PKHEX read my getaway ... with the only question that I save changes from 1 to save 2, which the latter does not pose data ...

the fact is that even so I can see my starting pokemon and no problem ...

but .. What is the purpose of todoe this?

Is there way and then return the modified save my game?

I see truncated or pokemon Stock Hoppa and Volcarion.

How I can get them?

Please inform me if there are ways.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I just wish I could insert Hoopa/Volcanion into my save file. Is it still impossible without a hacked 3DS (as of July 2014)? Or, would it be possible for someone else to inject Pokemon into my save file, as long as I send them the right files?

It just frustrates me that I can't edit my save file with PKHeX and re-insert it back on my cartridge. What would I have to do to be able to export the SAV in PKHeX?