(X/Y) KeySAV - Box Data Viewer

Kaphotics

Hmm.. if you look at the file in a hex editor and do a ctrl+A .. see how many bytes it is.. if 0x100000 then it should be fine as a .sav, if not, get rid of the first few bytes till it equals that. Other than that, idk.. i'd have to try it myself.

Thank you again. I will try that and see what happens. I know I can go and get the Powersave thing but figure since I have this already I may as well see if this will do the trick first. Will post again with what happens.

However one other thing, we talk about box one and box two, I have moves my boxes about to group things together and I have renamed boxes also. Does it just need to be the first two boxes or the same boxes that were box one and Two when the game started.

Thanks again.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you again. I will try that and see what happens. I know I can go and get the Powersave thing but figure since I have this already I may as well see if this will do the trick first. Will post again with what happens.

However one other thing, we talk about box one and box two, I have moves my boxes about to group things together and I have renamed boxes also. Does it just need to be the first two boxes or the same boxes that were box one and Two when the game started.

Thanks again.

It's just the first 2.. the pokemon data is saved in the order that you see the boxes.. the boxes themselves arent distinct entities. its just a way of moving data around. Also names shouldnt matter since thats saved in a different location.

Reisyukaku I have looked at the file in a hex editor and did the ctrl+A I could see how many bytes it is.. 0x00100000 (1,048,576) so I guess it should be fine as a .sav

Thanks for all your speedy comments and responses. I don't know, maybe it just doesn't work?

Reisyukaku I have looked at the file in a hex editor and did the ctrl+A I could see how many bytes it is.. 0x00100000 (1,048,576) so I guess it should be fine as a .sav

Thanks for all your speedy comments and responses. I don't know, maybe it just doesn't work?

Hmm.. thats weird then.. Assuming you're doing the process correctly, then that's just bizarre, lol.

Do you have anything constructive to offer on any of these threads that you post on BattleLegend (AKA PokeChampion), or do you just like looking at your completely off-topic, random, useless posts?

People are coming here asking for help, and it gets really annoying trying to wade through all of the useless garbage that you post. If you are trying to help somebody and end up being wrong, that is one thing. However, just posting random stuff accomplishes nothing other than hide legit posts. Please keep these useless, random posts to a minimum.

Pfffftttttt.... I'd say so.:cool:
I mean really guys!:wink:
Do you have anything constructive to offer on any of these threads that you post on BattleLegend (AKA PokeChampion), or do you just like looking at your completely off-topic, random, useless posts?

People are coming here asking for help, and it gets really annoying trying to wade through all of the useless garbage that you post. If you are trying to help somebody and end up being wrong, that is one thing. However, just posting random stuff accomplishes nothing other than hide legit posts. Please keep these useless, random posts to a minimum.

I have KeySAV and Mass Dumper. And so on

smitty is referring to how you are sure that the R4i Save Dongle works on Pokémon X/Y, when it doesn't. These guys know what they're talking about, so it's probably best to listen when they're prying open the game's save files inner secrets.

Try to keep discussion more directly related to KeySAV, please.

• 1 month later...
Hi to mac users, ported interface to OSX and can you download here (Mono es required):

https://github.com/swarzesherz/KeySAV/releases/download/OSX_1.0/KeySAV.tar.gz

Thanks for the port! I am running into some problems recently though after having updated to the most recent version of OSX Mavericks. I had it working beautifully before, with Xamarin studio (packaged with the mono framework for mac) I also updated Xamarin also before the ported app wouldn't run at all.

Basically the app will fail to fully open and run. It closes as soon as the icon appears on my dash.

I have tried re downloading everything and even back to the original Xamarin I was using but to no avail, the app still will not work. I've tried running it through wine (the windows .exe version file) and bottling it with winebottler but i don't know exactly how to use these softwares and I've had some infuriating problems with running it through wine as well.

Are there any solutions or suggestions on getting round these problems or will i just have to go KeySav-less?

thanks in advance, I'm currently running 10.9.3 and have deleted everything to start afresh

EDIT: I cannot seem to uninstall the framework.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I wrote a web application to get a better view of our exported data:

Capture.PNG

It currently support Reddit's format and I'm looking for someone to host it :)

I could probably host it if you want.. what language? html/php would be preferable, but I can do java applets and CGI scripts too.

It's html/php. It's currently part of a large project: CompetitionDB repository

Here it is. Hope we can use it online soon :)Box Simulator - Source

seems buggy (or maybe its just my browser acting dumb), but here it is

http://reisyukaku.org/tools/boxsim/

let me know if i should change the name of the root folder to something more creative then 'boxsim' or something

Just gave it a test run, pretty neat tool you made!

Hehe, thank you :3

seems buggy (or maybe its just my browser acting dumb), but here it is

http://reisyukaku.org/tools/boxsim/

let me know if i should change the name of the root folder to something more creative then 'boxsim' or something

- Can you get me a bug screenshot?

- The modal "how to use" should be more clearly now.

- Added "Clear data" button, in case you wanna wipe out data or get stuck with wrong data input.

- About the url, I dont know, it seem find, may be our friends here have some ideas :D.

Edited by Kuroemon485

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to set up Keysav2, however I'm on a mac and therefore trying to run it via VMWare Fusion Windows XP. I unzip the folder onto the desktop area, but it cannot be set up because the program crashes before I get a chance to see or click anything, it says "failed to initialise" and a long string of 0s, and I don't see how I can possibly do anything differently when I haven't even gotten as far as the interface of the program? xD I've tried asking in other places but people either have never heard of it or refuse to discuss it.

I'm trying to set up Keysav2, however I'm on a mac and therefore trying to run it via VMWare Fusion Windows XP. I unzip the folder onto the desktop area, but it cannot be set up because the program crashes before I get a chance to see or click anything, it says "failed to initialise" and a long string of 0s, and I don't see how I can possibly do anything differently when I haven't even gotten as far as the interface of the program? xD I've tried asking in other places but people either have never heard of it or refuse to discuss it.

Because Windows XP is out of support, KeySAV might not be compiled for Windows XP.

• 1 year later...