(X/Y) KeySAV - Box Data Viewer

Kaphotics

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are no different from the saves ripped with Powersaves. And this tool could've been used with old Gateway Pokemon saves all along.

They have to be. They're encrypted differently (to the point of incompatibility). I assume that the save from a legit cart used on a Gateway EMUnand will be no different from the save generated by a ROM used on the actual flashcard, but both of these, while equal among themselves, are at least encrypted differently from a normal save.

They have to be. They're encrypted differently (to the point of incompatibility). I assume that the save from a legit cart used on a Gateway EMUnand will be no different from the save generated by a ROM used on the actual flashcard, but both of these, while equal among themselves, are at least encrypted differently from a normal save.

Let me rephrase - they are no different from regular saves, format-wise. They are encrypted with by XORing with a constant keystream, and the keystreams are generated by the same procedure. The only difference is the data that goes into generating the keystream; emuNAND does not initialize part of the data properly. But that makes no difference to KeySAV.

Let me rephrase - they are no different from regular saves, format-wise. They are encrypted with by XORing with a constant keystream, and the keystreams are generated by the same procedure. The only difference is the data that goes into generating the keystream; emuNAND does not initialize part of the data properly. But that makes no difference to KeySAV.

So basically they're encrypted in the same way, but with a different key than they would normally? Thanks for the explanation.

They are no different from the saves ripped with Powersaves. And this tool could've been used with old Gateway Pokemon saves all along.

what do you mean by 'old gateway' pokemon saves? pokemon just started working with it. or do you mean people playing the card/eshop version with emunand etc? sure ok.

i will try dumping my cart, which dumps the save with it, in the rom file, i saw some little script on gbatemp to extract it.

as far as i know, i won't be able to use my save on the 3ds with gateway, the game was used on a 6.X+ console - as in it contains a 'normal save'.

but from what i see and what you said i will be able to use it with keysav, so that is great for people who don't have access to a powersaves device :) thanks

what do you mean by 'old gateway' pokemon saves?

He meant users playing Pokemon on Emunand.

Even though Powersaves can't give em codes, they can backup and use the tool with the same method as shown.

From what I know, the tool xors out the encryption. (think of it as cancellation)

So it doesn't matter what kind of the encryption is on the save,

since we're not doing insertion, mere viewing.

[correct me if I'm misinformed]

cool, i used this and the new mass dumper and dumped my pokemon from my retail cart via the dumps i got from my gateway.

i had to dump the whole 2GB rom just to get the save, so it took a long time to do it twice to set this up.

i assume the keystreams are reset for each save restart, right?

cool, i used this and the new mass dumper and dumped my pokemon from my retail cart via the dumps i got from my gateway.

i had to dump the whole 2GB rom just to get the save, so it took a long time to do it twice to set this up.

i assume the keystreams are reset for each save restart, right?

The keystream i believe is unique per cart, and is always the same for each save game on that cart.. You can start a new game on a cart and it'll still have the same keystream, which is great because it makes decrypting a lot of the data easy because its basically encrypted 0s.

The keystream i believe is unique per cart, and is always the same for each save game on that cart.. You can start a new game on a cart and it'll still have the same keystream, which is great because it makes decrypting a lot of the data easy because its basically encrypted 0s.

if that is true, then would the key streams be the same for my personal dump of my cart played as a back up? maybe at the moment probably not because on firmware 4.5 the real save encryption is not used, maybe in the future on a higher firmware?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a powersaves, and got my key files and blank file, but on trying to check some eggs, the first row of 6 eggs brought up errors, "@1 - CHK Key Invalid" in both box 1 and box 2 - the rest of the eggs dumped fine.

Any clues?

Dump again with your save files switched.

I'm not certain what you meant by that, but I ended up started from scratch, and got it working.

Could I get clarification on a Hard Reset - Is is necessary to actually power off the 3ds, or is a [home] button followed by (X) to close sufficient? Many thanks :)

Okay guys, I have a question.

I got the key breaking to work, but when I made a sav with 30 eggs in box 1 and used my key and blank, it showed the six pokémon I inserted for making the key files instead of the eggs.

I did everything the tutorial said literally. And it seemed to work, but my problem persists. I have checked wether I'm using the right files and I am.

SAV: Honedge1.bin

Key: Box1.bin

Blank: Blank.ekx

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: hard resetting and saving again fixed part of my problem, however I find that when I dump my box it gives errors for the first row of eggs. Perhaps this has something to do with the pokémon for the key beig there normally?

I'm having a similar problem, only I see the first six pokemon if the first row of the box is empty, and get errors for that row if anything else is there.

If you read the supplementary material you'd find:

"If you get errors while breaking the box, try again by switching the save files around."

Oh man, my bad, I thought I'd already double checked that >_>

On an only vaguely related note, does the program require that box 1 be empty for the box 2 save? I haven't tried looking at the source code yet (I'm a bit of a newb with programming), and I'm wondering how difficult it'd be to modify the program to create a single key for the entire box system, and then modify mass dumper to dump it all in a single csv. I figure it seems like it might be relatively simple, maybe it'd be something I could pull off.

Carts are uniquely encrypted and the only way to get the data out is with a before/after sav. The row of 6 is required to get the blank data, and the empty box is required to get the box keystream.

--

Mass Dumper already can create multi-box keys and dump the contents to a CSV.

There's also another tool "SV Checker" that does what Mass Dumper does, but is a little more configurable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Dongle that allows me to Save the Save file (Save Dongle R4i) but it is not the Power Save Device mentioned here. Anyway I have tried following the instructions given and it does not work for me and I am wondering is it because it only works with the Power Save device or if I am doing something wrong?

The Save files I get show as BIN File type

Thanks for any advise.

I have a Dongle that allows me to Save the Save file (Save Dongle R4i) but it is not the Power Save Device mentioned here. Anyway I have tried following the instructions given and it does not work for me and I am wondering is it because it only works with the Power Save device or if I am doing something wrong?

The Save files I get show as BIN File type

Thanks for any advise.

I'm gonna assume the R4i doesnt add a header to its file, so the only difference between it and powersave is that powersave adds a 0x9C long header to its saves, and it also saves them as .bin files. I'm also gonna assume that this program takes into account that header when parsing, so if the file is .bin, the program thinks its powersaves file, so it will take that into account, but a digital save has no header, and has .sav extension, so if the program sees .sav, it knows there is no header and parses accordingly. So the solution would either be to rename your file to a .sav file, or add 0x9C bytes at the begining of the file.

I'm gonna assume the R4i doesnt add a header to its file, so the only difference between it and powersave is that powersave adds a 0x9C long header to its saves, and it also saves them as .bin files. I'm also gonna assume that this program takes into account that header when parsing, so if the file is .bin, the program thinks its powersaves file, so it will take that into account, but a digital save has no header, and has .sav extension, so if the program sees .sav, it knows there is no header and parses accordingly. So the solution would either be to rename your file to a .sav file, or add 0x9C bytes at the begining of the file.

thanks. I renamed the files and I still get same error msg,

"Keystreams were NOT bruteforced! Start over and try again :("

thanks. I renamed the files and I still get same error msg,

"Keystreams were NOT bruteforced! Start over and try again :("

Hmm.. if you look at the file in a hex editor and do a ctrl+A .. see how many bytes it is.. if 0x100000 then it should be fine as a .sav, if not, get rid of the first few bytes till it equals that. Other than that, idk.. i'd have to try it myself.