(X/Y) KeySAV - Box Data Viewer

Kaphotics

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While my Powersaves seem to reject the existing of my pokemon y cart (which I want it to work; is it server issue?),

when I inserted my gateway, it allowed me to backup.

Since the last game I played on it was a mario game, I titled it "Mario?"

When you open this save, at first glance, it's a blank save.

But the information in it is interesting...

I mean, what's with the increasing order of bytes?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgzrs06f7g8ijaq/KJA383f5c06_2014-02-22_18-14-54_%28mario%29.bin

While my Powersaves seem to reject the existing of my pokemon y cart (which I want it to work; is it server issue?),

when I inserted my gateway, it allowed me to backup.

Since the last game I played on it was a mario game, I titled it "Mario?"

When you open this save, at first glance, it's a blank save.

But the information in it is interesting...

I mean, what's with the increasing order of bytes?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgzrs06f7g8ijaq/KJA383f5c06_2014-02-22_18-14-54_%28mario%29.bin

It's a (mostly) blank save because the actual save files are stored on the SD card of the 3DS, not in the Gateway cart.

It's a (mostly) blank save because the actual save files are stored on the SD card of the 3DS, not in the Gateway cart.

Actually, I have encountered a situation that I didn't exit home on my 3DS, and it wasn't saved to SD.

however when I continued (meaning to say, I didn't change games), it continued, which means there's a save presumably on the GW, then transferred to 3DS' SD.

Anyway, I know it is a mostly blank file.

Issue here, is it from GW or Powersaves?

For all we know, Powersaves xors this over existing saves as extra encryption?

(spouting general nonsense)

okay guys considering the KEYsav was made to read the data from your digital copies save file (or powersaves if you have physical copy) i was wondering would it be possible to make a software that EDITS the data of the digital copy's save file like the power save? because as far as i can see, you need a physical copy to use the features of powersaves

don't know if this is the right place, but i have searched everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.. so i figured might as well as ask the place where keysav was made..

sorry if its wrong to post this here but im really curious haha xD please be gentle im new here xD

okay guys considering the KEYsav was made to read the data from your digital copies save file (or powersaves if you have physical copy) i was wondering would it be possible to make a software that EDITS the data of the digital copy's save file like the power save? because as far as i can see, you need a physical copy to use the features of powersaves

don't know if this is the right place, but i have searched everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.. so i figured might as well as ask the place where keysav was made..

sorry if its wrong to post this here but im really curious haha xD please be gentle im new here xD

No. Save file encryption is not the same as past gen games.

Which means, assuming you allowed us to choose which boxes to break, and the user takes the effort to break all boxes,

We will have instant visual access to the box, right?

You can use a program like HxD to concatenate all of your box keys and xor it with the entire PC storage system at any time in the future, if that is what you want to know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No. Save file encryption is not the same as past gen games.

ah i see... then how does powersaves work? or is the encryption different for physical cartridges?

also ive seen that the codes on powersaves are relatively simple like changing pokemon in box to shiny, maxing items and that kind of stuff, so even simple changes like those wont be possible?

It doesn't matter how simple or complex a change is - if we can't fix the save file checksum(s) AND re-encrypt it properly, we can't do anything at all to edit it.

Of course, but Datel's devices is doing this, correct? So we know it's at least doable? I think that's what VGZXR was asking.

We still haven't figured out how exactly Datel is doing things.

Every single edit is done server side, and they get the key from the cart when they read.

With what KeySAV does and how it operates, it will never be possible to inject with the reading trick/program because it does not touch the hash tables.

Thanks for the info. Bummer that Datel is doing everything server-side, although I can understand their desire to protect their methods/profits. If I were them I would work on a fully featured server-side pokemon editor. Perhaps they are doing that now (or waiting on the PP community to do the hard work of mapping out the format for them first lol).

Perhaps they are doing that now (or waiting on the PP community to do the hard work of mapping out the format for them first lol).

Well we know that they are aware of our wiki, so you might just be right. Anyway, aside from protecting their profits, a reason they may be doing everything server-side is because what they are running could be a 3DS farm that does some of the work for them.

Hey there!

I haven't been able to test this program, but since I read this:

Is there a way to just dump pkx files with this program? I want to find my secret ID but it's not shown in the list that it outputs.

I have been wondering, can I find my SID using this program, or not? Could you please confirm this?

- Hide