Datel PowerSaves 3DS works with both X and Y!! You can backup and restore your save file!

rockym

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does this work with Japanese-version games, or only English? (The Japanese Pro Action Save costs about $100 to import...)

It doesnt work with my Japanese cart. I think you need a Japanese key for it, and I've already sent emails back and forth with Datel about it since i have an american cart too.. they cant give me multi region keys, and they wont give me 2 keys.. it's either or.

Dang... yeah, I already have the software, since it's an easy download from their site (Datel Japan's site is SO much better than any other region's), but without the Key for it, it can't be run. The hardware itself doesn't matter which region, because it operates the same way (interfacing the game cart to the computer).

Is there any alternative software like this? I know of one other like it, Cyber Save Editor for 3DS, but am not sure about it, despite it's good ratings, and it's price is comparable to Datel's product anyways.

Well, a small update on that note... Cyber Save Editor is currently on sale at $72 while Pro Action Save is on sale at $63, both on PlayAsia. I may take this chance and get Datel's, despite that still being somewhat pricey...

Still, the ability to get Wondercards and Latiasite, or maybe edit Bravely Default (original) is almost too good to pass up!

Also, I've come across two kinds of the Powersaves device; one that seems to be a "basic" (as it doesn't say Pro) and one that claims to be "pro". What's the difference between them? I only noticed because of two different listings on PlayAsia, and the "basic" one still says preorders coming, despite it's stated release date being May 27th, now past.

If interested, links to PlayAsia listings:

Dang... yeah, I already have the software, since it's an easy download from their site (Datel Japan's site is SO much better than any other region's), but without the Key for it, it can't be run. The hardware itself doesn't matter which region, because it operates the same way (interfacing the game cart to the computer).

Is there any alternative software like this? I know of one other like it, Cyber Save Editor for 3DS, but am not sure about it, despite it's good ratings, and it's price is comparable to Datel's product anyways.

Well, a small update on that note... Cyber Save Editor is currently on sale at $72 while Pro Action Save is on sale at $63, both on PlayAsia. I may take this chance and get Datel's, despite that still being somewhat pricey...

Still, the ability to get Wondercards and Latiasite, or maybe edit Bravely Default (original) is almost too good to pass up!

Also, I've come across two kinds of the Powersaves device; one that seems to be a "basic" (as it doesn't say Pro) and one that claims to be "pro". What's the difference between them? I only noticed because of two different listings on PlayAsia, and the "basic" one still says preorders coming, despite it's stated release date being May 27th, now past.

If interested, links to PlayAsia listings:

well you could always email them asking for a japanese key if you only need the japanese cart to work. But yea, i think the only reason they do that is to distinguish which region you are so they can route the traffic to the appropriate 3DS farm, heh.. Me and like 1 or 2 other people where writing our own programs to rip saves, but i hit a road block on mine, and i havent heard anything on theres, so maybe we all failed.. but that of course wont help if all you want is the cheats, so yea.. Also a note on the cyber editor, im almost positive it doesnt work on CARD2 (NAND saved carts). So it wont work on pokemon X or Y

Well, I've sent them an email asking about that; if so, then I could buy the English Pro Action, then get the Japanese Key for the software I have.

I don't see why they'd distinguish, because after looking at the Japanese-version codelist... it looks almost the exact same (I couldn't even find a listing for Bravely Default, just Bravely Default for the Sequel). So that would be odd.

I first learned about Cyber's on GBATemp, and from what I've read, it works just fine after their relatively recent update... seems to do more or less the exact same thing as Datel's.

Oh, is there somewhere that lists the total codelist for the Pro Action? I've heard that the Lati-ite items and Diancie were once on it, but then removed... And how does the Wonder Card feature work?

Well, I've sent them an email asking about that; if so, then I could buy the English Pro Action, then get the Japanese Key for the software I have.

I don't see why they'd distinguish, because after looking at the Japanese-version codelist... it looks almost the exact same (I couldn't even find a listing for Bravely Default, just Bravely Default for the Sequel). So that would be odd.

I first learned about Cyber's on GBATemp, and from what I've read, it works just fine after their relatively recent update... seems to do more or less the exact same thing as Datel's.

Oh, is there somewhere that lists the total codelist for the Pro Action? I've heard that the Lati-ite items and Diancie were once on it, but then removed... And how does the Wonder Card feature work?

Its true that Diancie was on it, but alas, Nintendo must have gotten to them. the stones for Mega Latios/Latias are on it still. They were taken down, but they're back on it now.

The wondercard section has a list of released Wondercards. Basically you just click which one you'd like and then it puts it on your game to collect in the pokemon centre. Only downside, you can only overwrite slot 1, so you're constantly overwriting your previous wondercard.

Just so you know, there is no difference between Pro and Basic. hope that helps you :)

Hm... cool. ^_^ Now I just need to find out if I'll be forced to import... sob. I wish they'd just have it be multi-region, like past AR devices are.

Too bad I can't find the original Bravely Default on the code list though... I was SO hoping to just unlock the extra items, especially the outfits! (Such as Bravo Bunny for Anies; they require purchasing additional stuff such as the OST and registering a code)

This is such a great device, but does anyone else get the "No online content available" message too?

That means one of two things usually.

Either the game that you are trying to use has no Powersaves edits available. or the software is unable to interface with the Datel servers.

Has anyone successfully gotten PowerSaves 3DS to run on Mac OS X? Such as in a container like Wine/WineBottler?

When Datel emailed me months ago that the official Mac release was canceled, they also told me, "Further to your reply unfortunately we are unable to advise you on the installation of the software on a MAC system."

I don't have a copy of Windows to dual boot (yet), but if anyone's managed to get PowerSaves to work without Windows, I can just go ahead and get the device without having to install an entire OS I don't really need...

Has anyone successfully gotten PowerSaves 3DS to run on Mac OS X? Such as in a container like Wine/WineBottler?

When Datel emailed me months ago that the official Mac release was canceled, they also told me, "Further to your reply unfortunately we are unable to advise you on the installation of the software on a MAC system."

I don't have a copy of Windows to dual boot (yet), but if anyone's managed to get PowerSaves to work without Windows, I can just go ahead and get the device without having to install an entire OS I don't really need...

I use Parallels and Windows 8 myself, but I can say that I don't know of anybody who was able to get the software working with Wine, etc. People using BootCamp or Parallels with any of the supported Windows versions have had the least amount of problems.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple questions about this.

a) Does the changing IV's code changes the ID?

b) What new additions the new version of the softwere has?

c) All the other codes to change "X" thing changes the ID?

I'm planning to get one, since the Cybergadget is not available for me atm

• 2 months later...

I would like to point out a couple things for anyone who has experience ANY issues getting PowerSaves working. I am rather disappointed by the limitations of this product (most of which are the result of poor design and coding for the software) but I cannot deny the product is solid and a great buy.

There will be a lot of people who will experience issues with operating the device. Here is how to avoid that!

1.) The device is not USB 3.0 friendly. Due to the incompatibility, the device will experience issues connecting and staying connected according to the software. You are better off using an old computer. I say use at one's own risk because I was foolish enough to be in a rush and the PowerSaves 3DS software caused my Pokemon Y cartridge to become a paper weight.

2.) Windows 7/8 use a feature for handling hardware called "Drive Enforcement" which prevents the software from being able to read the device. If this is not disabled, you cannot guarantee anything is being read or written to the cartridge properly.

3.) Make sure your cartridge connectors are clean. Your hands and fingers should ALWAYS be clean with playing your system especially when handling your cartridges. You should never touch the connector area of the cartridge.

1: USB 3.0 is the new rising standard, but is not the full standard. It's not their problem. Also, A problem like that would be easily fixed by the same method it went wrong, but done right. More likely, you or your PC messed up somehow, not Cyber's "poor coding".

2: That's just newer Windows being the junk it is. Not Cyber's fault, so not Cyber's fault, but rather the badly-written OS you use.

3: THAT is true good advice. And common sense that has been known since the NES days...

Your problems are not their fault. It's fine to note issues you come across, but be accurate about how it is. NO ONE can keep everything constantly up to date with all potential hardware/software/etc combinations, so don't expect them to.