Datel PowerSaves 3DS works with both X and Y!! You can backup and restore your save file!

rockym

Has anyone tried to erase their save after they backed it up and then start the game over? I want to re-catch Yveltal and send it to pokebank and then restore to my original save if this is possible. I'm too much of a pussy to try it though. :/

Well, I haven't exactly tried this.. but I can tell you what I already tried to do in Pokémon X:

-I went to the battle maison and cheated a 100 win streak just by always keeping a backup. So that works.

-I deleted my own game (after saving everything to Pokébank for safety) to give my game to a friend. When he returned I restored my game --> it worked.

So it is safe to do just make at least 2 copies for safe-keeping. Sometimes backups fail, I noticed during my battle maison attempts - one savegame did NOT restore and left the game in an unusable state. (it wouldn't even boot up)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure theSlayer tried it and he said it works. Best ask him though.

Yup, I am playing a new game. it works.

How to ensure your file works:

1. Save twice before turning off the power/home/exit

2. Back up twice on your computer. Only backup after the "Codes" appear.

Ok, so finally a week later, I got another vague reply from Datel. From what I can gather, they're willing to change my key's region, but cant give me multi-region. And they wont give me a second key. So what am i supposed to do? Has anyone found a way to use 2 different region carts? I wish they just sold keys for a couple of bucks or something..

Since no one has commented on this yet, I suppose I better.

With the new version (v.1.15), the cheat to get the Mega Stones for Latias/Latios has been removed. As has the cheat for Diancie and AZ's Floette.

Guess Nintendo has been cracking the legal whip again.....

Since no one has commented on this yet, I suppose I better.

With the new version (v.1.15), the cheat to get the Mega Stones for Latias/Latios has been removed. As has the cheat for Diancie and AZ's Floette.

Guess Nintendo has been cracking the legal whip again.....

I, for one, accept this change, as value is more or less restored to these kinds of things. (Although I guess that means no volcanion and hoopa any time soon)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

This may have already been asked, but I'm still wondering... Is it still impossible to re-insert PKX files back onto a Pokemon X/Y save file?

I have an AR PowerSaves Pro, and I'm still wondering how I could put a Pokemon onto a copy of my save file, because I'd love a hacked Zygarde egg, or possibly just any sort of injected Pokemon. Could someone point me to some sort of save file editor or PKX/PK6/EK6 injector or something, or is this still not yet done?

Thanks in advance, and please don't infract me if I'm somehow doing something wrong... This is my first post in a LONG time... (EDIT: Looks like this is my 100th post; yay!)

Hello.

This may have already been asked, but I'm still wondering... Is it still impossible to re-insert PKX files back onto a Pokemon X/Y save file?

I have an AR PowerSaves Pro, and I'm still wondering how I could put a Pokemon onto a copy of my save file, because I'd love a hacked Zygarde egg, or possibly just any sort of injected Pokemon. Could someone point me to some sort of save file editor or PKX/PK6/EK6 injector or something, or is this still not yet done?

Thanks in advance, and please don't infract me if I'm somehow doing something wrong... This is my first post in a LONG time... (EDIT: Looks like this is my 100th post; yay!)

Pkx's cannot currently be injected into a save file (at least, not with currently published tools). We'll just have to wait until Pokecheck adds Gen 6 support.

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies if this is a question which has been answered already (I read through this whole thread and didn't notice a solution):

Short version:

Is there anyway to restore a Powersaves backup onto a cartridge other than the original?

Long version:

I had a Pokémon X cartridge, which I have several Powersaves backups for. Unfortunately that cartridge has since died. :(

Is there any way (regardless of difficulty) for me to restore these saves onto a new Pokémon X cartridge.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

My apologies if this is a question which has been answered already (I read through this whole thread and didn't notice a solution):

Short version:

Is there anyway to restore a Powersaves backup onto a cartridge other than the original?

Long version:

I had a Pokémon X cartridge, which I have several Powersaves backups for. Unfortunately that cartridge has since died. :(

Is there any way (regardless of difficulty) for me to restore these saves onto a new Pokémon X cartridge.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that right now.

Once again, sorry about that.

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that right now.

Once again, sorry about that.

No worries, and thank you for your candour.

I still have all my Pokémon (on the Pokémon Bank) so I haven't lost out on too much.

I just had a point saved where the next egg would always be shiny (with Masuda Method criteria parents). I had been switching in different parents; to be honest, I probably overused it anyway. :P

I shall keep the saves, and regularly check back in case such a function/ability becomes known. :)

No worries, and thank you for your candour.

I still have all my Pokémon (on the Pokémon Bank) so I haven't lost out on too much.

I just had a point saved where the next egg would always be shiny (with Masuda Method criteria parents). I had been switching in different parents; to be honest, I probably overused it anyway. :P

I shall keep the saves, and regularly check back in case such a function/ability becomes known. :)

Hopefully, they will find out a way someday to help you out. There have been multiple people with the same issue, so I'm sure it's on somebody's radar. Hopefully, they will find a way to help you guys out sooner rather than later.

I'm glad that you didn't lose much though and have your Pokemon on Bank. It would really suck if you lost everything like some others have reported (although it still sucks that you lost what you did.)