Best Artist Award - Preparation.

evandixon

I am planning on starting a poll to find out who is the best artist.

In order to start, you will have to apply.

When applying, please include some sample work.

If you do not apply, you will not be part of the poll.

[Edit]: I have delayed the date again, because there aren't too many people signed up. Now, the date is in-definate.

Is anyne else going to sign up? If so, reply to this, or PM me.

This will go on until more people sign up.

------------------------

Currently applied users:

InuYouki:

eardemon-1.png

NeoDraven:

Golden_and_Silver_legends_by_LadyFarnese.jpg

Arceus-2.jpg

suicune1sketch.png

Empoleon_Signature_by_sharkbait17.jpg

Pokemon__5__by_Twisted_Insanity.jpg

Kiku:

Edited by evandixon

Uh I'm sure it's not a popularity contest. :tongue:

Just because it is supposed to be about skill, doesn't mean people will vote based on that :tongue: People vote based on personal feelings all the time, even more so in forum and pet site situations. It is why I stopped playing the neopets art contest. Nothing more insulting then a five minute doodle beating out your 8+ hours of hard work just because the user was more popular then you.

I don't mind if someone beats me in a contest, but I want it to be because they earned and worked for it. Not because they have a bigger fan base. :bidoof:

Just because it is supposed to be about skill, doesn't mean people will vote based on that :tongue: People vote based on personal feelings all the time, even more so in forum and pet site situations. It is why I stopped playing the neopets art contest. Nothing more insulting then a five minute doodle beating out your 8+ hours of hard work just because the user was more popular then you.

I don't mind if someone beats me in a contest, but I want it to be because they earned and worked for it. Not because they have a bigger fan base. :bidoof:

I'm in charge of this, so if that happens, then I'll sure think thouroghly before awarding it.

I WIN

Remove that from your signature immediatly. The contest has not started yet, and it is not your image. It is Greencat's that I slightly mofified. If you do not remove it, you will be banned from this contest, and denied a vote.

[Edit]: Haha: You linked to the image on my site, so I just renamed it so you can't link to it now!

That seems like a pretty short amount of time to get art together.O_o

You are right.

I added two more days (the poll starts on Friday now).

I had it like that because I am going on vacation soon, and I wasn't sure of the dates, but I now know that I will be leaving Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...