New Pokemon BW2 Hack (In Progress)

Repulsory

Hello everybody and welcome to one of the newest Pokemon Projekts, dealing with Pokemon versions Black 2 / White 2!

About Me

[table=width: 500, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Name:[/td]

[td]Repulsory[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Age:[/td]

[td]17 years[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]First Versions:[/td]

[td]Diamond and Pearl[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Country:[/td]

[td]Germany[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Important Information:

I really hope not to make too much mistakes concerning the English language, so please turn a blind eye if you see some mistakes as I am not a native English speaker.

General Information

Well, I have started to play Pokemon as Diamond and Pearl were released and I really enjoyed playing it.

The different options that the game offers you are great, but one thing that I really missed was a tool where you can edit the game yourself, changing Pokemon from different Trainers and other stuff like that.

Making my own hack was a very important thing for me and with new Pokemon games also came new tools for editing! A week ago I have thought about this one more time and decided to try making my own hack.

Im not completely "new" to Pokemon and actually spend quite some time on online battle emulators, just in case you might think im a newbie.

Lets go into further details what I want my hack too look like...

How difficult the game should be?

• The game must contain real challenges, meaning you need strategy to complete it
  • Thought process behind each changed trainer, wild Pokemon and their levels
  • Players just trying to rush with a starter Pokemon should fail to complete the game

What are you going to change?

• At first I will just edit the normal Pokemon trainers and add some more
  • Gym Leader should be a real "challenge" as well as so-called "Route-Leaders", who will be added to the game
  • Wild Pokemon will be changed afterwards, but this is a hard job and will take additional time
  • ... more comes later

What can I do to support you?

To be honest I really dont know much about scripting. Well, if I got a finished script I may be able to put it into the game, but writing is at this stage not possible for me so I definitively need some help there.

Also, if you have any ideas or want on comment on something, please do so as this would help me with further editing! If you can script or want to take part at this hack, you can also send me a message.

The more help, the beter will the hack finally be!

Needed Scripts:

• If the player enters an area, a trainer must be created and walking afterwards to the player.
    Then he will ask after a battle and right after the battle he says something and walks away (out of screen) and is deleted from the map

Current Status

Diary - What has been edited so far?

Here you can check out what I have done so far containing changes in the game | Newest Entry from: 05.03.2014

• 14.02.2014 - Trainers / First Gym
    Well, today I have basically changed the Pokemon of every trainer until Cheren. Right afterwards I rushed through the first area to get a first impression on what I have done so far. To be honest it was quite ok, but some changes are needed containing higher levels and beter items.
  • 22.02.2014 - Edited Trainers and Items
    Hello guys, today I finally finished the first part of the hack and im really curious about testing it again! The trainers are much stronger now and contain some really nice moves. I guess I start testing now and get back to you later guys.
    Edit: Wow, finally I was able to beat the first gym leader, but this was one of the grestest challenges I ever had! Guess I reached the difficulty I wanted to have :)
    As there is quite some time left I start now working on trainers till the second gym!
  • 23.02.2014 - Trainers / Second Gym
    The weekend is already over, but I had a lot of time to continue working on the second part of my hack. The first thing I recognized was that there are even more trainers to edit, the further the game progresses! Nevermind, I finished the second part of the hack and Roxie is a beast now ;) Well, to be honest I needed two times to beat her, but I am the creator of the hack, right?
    I also did some changes to trainers after I tested this part several times, afterwards I have started the third part of the hack, reaching till the third gym. I havent finished all traines yet, but tomorrow I should be able to do so. So, nice evening and greeting from Germany!
  • 24.02.2014 - Trainers / Third Gym
    Welcome back everybody, I hope its not too boring reading my diary entries, but here are some good news for you. Today I finished the third gym leader and all trainers before that. The way until the gym was really a nightmare - that can I promise! But afterwards the leader is kind of easy to beat if you got a fire starter (or even a water does fine) so I guesss I will do some changes there. Right now I am editing the first Colress battle and hopefully I can continue tomorrow as there is plenty of time! Have a nice evening and stay tuned :P
  • 02.03.2014 - Rework till third Gym
    Quite some time ago till the last post but I had a lot of stuff to do, hope you understand it. Last week I have done some changes with trainers and the difficulty level overall.
    Nothing more, but it still takes some time! Guess I continue now with the way until 4th gym!
  • 05.03.2014 - Going on to the fourth gym
    Good moring as we would say in Germnay at this point of time ;)
    In the last few days I have played the edited part of the hack with all starters till Burgh for several times.
    That leads to final bug fixes:
    • Pokemon having no moves or the wrong moveset
    • Increasing/Decreasing the IV of some Pokemon as they were to weak/strong
    • Adding specific Items to some Pokmeon for higher difficulty

I have already edited the 4th Leader and the three girls standing inside the building on the stage, but the rest is still missing (Route 4, ...)! So that would be the next task to solve after school. See you later guys.

Work is still in progress, look at my diary if you want further information! ;)

Important: I started closed Beta-Testing with some of my friends, one of them will upload videos at some point just to show you some parts of the hack. I will give you more information about that later on! Coming soon...

Right now I got some exams, will continue work afterwards

Edited by Repulsory

Personally, I really like hacks. If you want to view some expert ones for more inspiration, check out blaze black and volt white (plus the sequels

). :)

I already did and this hack is awesome! To be honest I watched the complete hack on YouTube, especially the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champion. What I want to change though is that I would like my hack to be more "natural" meaning you will also see non envolved Pokemon until certain point of the game and it will be far more difficult to train your Pokemon outside Trainer battles. Also, there might not be many Fighting-Types before the Normal Gym etc.

So there will be a lot more strategy around it, I promise you!