Various corrupt names.

Michael J. Caboose

I had opened a thread about the first part of this post in the pkm section, but I don't know. I'm starting to guess these are Pokegen bugs and not something I'm doing wrong (because I've been repeating the same processes on over 500 Pokemon, and it's just these I'm having issue with; just one Pokemon name and one specific trainer name)? Of course, I can't be certain...

First off, I'm not wanting to actually hack anything. I just prefer consistency with my Pokemon, as much as possible anyway. So, back before Pokebank was announced to alter older gen Pokemon to have lowercase names, I wanted to go through my collection and rename them all with lower case nicknames and lowercase OTs. Once it was revealed to be a feature of the program, I stopped worrying about the Pokemon's names and reverted them, but I continued to alter the OTs to be lowercase. So far, I've had no problem with any of them trying to get through...except Farfetch'd (from every region) and various xD critters.

For Farfetche'd, I've tried everything I can think of to revert his name back to normal, even with the original Gen 4 files and then transferring them using the actual systems instead of Pokecheck. But it seems that no matter how I try and redo the name, fix the trashbytes, etc, there is still always "something wrong with the Pokemon" when trying to bank it. For some reason, I feel it has something to do with the apostrophe in Pokegen, because when I try and select the punctuation on the drop down menu, it won't appear, unlike any of the other symbols.

The second is that upon trying to alter the OT of the xD Pokemon from the Distant Land collection that I donated to be lowercase, the OT corrupts itself on over half the Pokemon in each box once in Gen 5. It goes from being "Micheal", to stuff like "Micha・l", "Michaeャ", "Micha・\E06C", etc.

New Folder (2).zip

New Folder (2).zip

That was going to be my next plan for Farfetch'd, if there wasn't a out-of-game solution, to see if it would work. Though it requires me to alter the save file OT, ID and SID information before I can do that, which is something Pokegen doesn't allow. Also, if I do that, won't the game treat the Pokemon as if it is from that game while renaming it, thus screwing up the Trashbytes for it? Or will that not matter since they renaming it upon Gen 6 conversion anyway?

It does nothing for helping for helping me to change the OT on the xD Pokemon, without corrupting said OT, though.