Pokebank: Banned Pokemon

theSLAYER

Important note from Guested:

I'd like to remind everyone that intentionally putting hacked Pokemon through Transporter is against the TOS of Pokemon Bank. It could get you banned from that service and discussion on how to circumvent it is not allowed here.

I originally thought the purpose of this thread would be to report false positives getting blocked from being Transported, but it seems everyone is discussing why their hacked pkm were not able to get through. Any further discussion of that sort will result in this thread being shut down.

----

Stuff that doesn't pass through.

1. Shiny Locked Pokemon: Celebi, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta.
  2. Pokemon Met in Wrong Location, or Hacked Moveset, or Hacked Balls, or unreleased Hidden Abilities.
  3. Gen IV in-game obtained Pokemon with "HA Byte" (as this is not possible to begin with)
  4. Some Gen III Pal Parked Pokemon. (Mainly corrupted OT Strings or Trash bytes in OT string)1
  5. ORAS Cosplay Pikachu
  6. VC Gen I Glitch Pokemon
  7. VC Gen I Pokemon with invalid moveset
  8. VC Gen I Mew (Those with non-event TID and OT)

Focus here is on FALSE POSITIVES, not how to circumvent Bank Checks :)

Note 1

Corrupted Names, OTs and/or Trash byte strings will prevent an in-game obtained legit from passing through.

Fix Name and OT Trash bytes and it will pass through.

More details: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36893-Pokebank-Banned-Pokemon&p=181790&viewfull=1#post181790

(remember, this is not meant to circumvent checks)

Things that are not stopped as of 1.2:

Pokemon not nicknamed but bears another name, wrong name, etc. (Pokebank gives it it's correct name upon completed import)

Pokemon in wrong balls (eg: Gen IV Eevee in Love Ball, Gen V Eevee in Love Ball etc.)

Gen V w/ it's normal ability AND HA Byte. (Pokemon is given HA upon completed import)

Things previously not stopped but now known to be fixed in 1.2 onwards:

Poke-transferred Pokemon marked as obtained in XY will show Pentagon, even though it's transferred.

It's weird that your Milotic didn't go through, I get 2 exact same shiny japanesse dittos in 31 on all of their IVs and it was all fine.

I'm not sure what's the reason, because a different Shiny Milotic (also event) got through.

I need to check to be sure..

I didn't have problems at all. Any event Pokémon I collected perfectly went through and everything else also.

My event Arceus (plural) got through fine.

Anyway, apparently they might have implemented location checks.

I've tested two exact Azelf, with the only difference being one caught at Route 23 another caught at Route 22,

and Route 22 Azelf got blocked.

I'm probably should do this test for non-legendaries, for a conclusive answer.

I figured what's wrong with my Milotic.

When I attempted to load it into Pokecheck, it says something that roughly means "Wrong Generation Format".

I probably inserted a Gen IV format Milotic onto my W2 save. I'm surprised that it is readable in my save at the first place...

I'd like to remind everyone that intentionally putting hacked Pokemon through Transporter is against the TOS of Pokemon Bank. It could get you banned from that service and discussion on how to circumvent it is not allowed here.

I originally thought the purpose of this thread would be to report false positives getting blocked from being Transported, but it seems everyone is discussing why their hacked pkm were not able to get through. Any further discussion of that sort will result in this thread being shut down.

RNG'd shiny Manaphy isn't just any RNG'd Pokémon, though. They only exist legitimately because of an oversight on Game Freak's part making it possible for the egg to hatch shiny when traded to another game.

And since it's similar to shiny WISHMKR Jirachi (them not wanting to admit that they overlooked something, making shiny ones possible)... yeah.

I'm pretty sure the only basic things Pokebank checks (asides from badly hacked things that trigger a lot of red alerts from Pokecheck such as PID, locations and such) are illegal moves, abilities and such. Importing Pokemon that are normally unable to be shiny (such as Dream World Torterra, but I don't know about shiny locked legendaries) or placing them in the wrong Pokeball does not seem to have a problem going through Pokebank (way to go Gamefreak).

That said, the time I had trial period a month ago, every event I had imported through without a problem. If they're not going through, it's probably badly hacked or uploaded in the wrong format (i.e. Gen IV Pokemon uploaded into Gen V), etc.

For Dream World Pokemon unreleased, such as Contrary Serperior, they CAN and WILL go through (provided the right flags are checked, is legal, etc...), but are unable to be used in online battles, even in Free Battles. However, Shadow Tag Chandelure will not pass, apparently (as its Hidden Ability has changed from Shadow Tag to Infiltrator). For some reason, Wide Guard Swampert will not work online either (though it is perfectly legal).

Also, theSLAYER, I would think wrong location constitutes as a hack. Blatantly AR'd Pokemon would not go through. Even Gen IV Pokemon would have this (Possible J/K encounter does not match) kind of error if you ARd for a Pokemon and such.

For Dream World Pokemon unreleased, such as Contrary Serperior, they CAN and WILL go through (provided the right flags are checked, is legal, etc...), but are unable to be used in online battles, even in Free Battles. However, Shadow Tag Chandelure will not pass, apparently (as its Hidden Ability has changed from Shadow Tag to Infiltrator). For some reason, Wide Guard Swampert will not work online either (though it is perfectly legal).

By default, they won't go through unless modification is done.

(let's not talk about that)

The Chandelure occurrence is mind-boggling, I'm gonna try it later.

Also, theSLAYER, I would think wrong location constitutes as a hack. Blatantly AR'd Pokemon would not go through. Even Gen IV Pokemon would have this (Possible J/K encounter does not match) kind of error if you ARd for a Pokemon and such.

I was surprised that wrong location got flagged, because previously they allowed Lv.1 Gengar to get through,

which hinted at bad checks.

Glad to see improvements in their system xD.

-----

Guested, I'm gonna pin your message onto my first post okay :)

EDIT: I just realized you already added it into my first post LOL.

The Azelf thing was out of curiosity. False positives is the focus here :D

Hmm... just ran the whole of bank yesterday, and had a false positive that confounded me.

Abra

Lvl: 13

Female

Naughty

Moves:Teleport

OT: Ash

It does not bother me too much because I also had two more Abras and an Alakazam going through from my other two games, but it definitely made me double-take. :/

I believe RNG'D mons would not get through. I haven't checked on that myself, though, so I'm not entirely sure.

RNG abused pokemon go through pokemon bank fine since its legal and no different than capturing a wild pokemon in game without changing your DS system date/time