Pokebank: Banned Pokemon

theSLAYER

RNG abused pokemon go through pokemon bank fine since its legal and no different than capturing a wild pokemon in game without changing your DS system date/time

I can confirm this. My shiny adamant Charizard got through, and I'm working on a flawless Beldum atm that I plan to transfer as well.

RNG, as he said, should work, as all you're doing is forcing the game to generate a favorable outcome. Anything you do in it is completely legit, unless you're using some fangame or 493/649 hack, which you shouldn't be.

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend's friend sent a perfectly legit Pokémon through it (I believe it was a Pikachu?) and it didn't make it through. It was completely legit; the checks in this thing are bogus because I've seen plenty of hacked Pokémon go through in favor of legit ones.

My girlfriend's friend sent a perfectly legit Pokémon through it (I believe it was a Pikachu?) and it didn't make it through. It was completely legit; the checks in this thing are bogus because I've seen plenty of hacked Pokémon go through in favor of legit ones.

I doubt that. Or, perhaps you are misunderstading the meaning of "legit."

"Legit" means caught/bred in game without hacks, doesn't it? (And I suppose event Pokémon also count in that as they're given away by Game Freak themselves.) I don't remember the exact species of it, I'd have to ask her again, but she stressed that it was definitely legitimate.

Said girlfriend that I mentioned also got a shiny Shaymin that was definitely not legit through with no problems, so yeah, there's something wrong with the checker. (And yeah, this one I'm not just going off of plain word by. She showed me it. If you really need more definitive proof, I can ask her to show me it over trade again and I can take a picture of it. She's asleep right now but that shouldn't be too difficult once she wakes up.)

EDIT: So, this is what happens when you try to make it out as if I don't know what I'm talking about - I go to find sources. Yes, while I can't find what my girlfriend's friend's claim as proof, I've found much more incriminating stuff.

Here's the hacked Shaymin I was talking about:

hackedshaymin.png

This was given to me by her just so I could prove a point (I asked her if I could borrow it).

And now, I'm going to link you to a bunch of Tumblr posts of people complaining about legits not getting through, ending with the most definitive (warning; some have vulgar language): 1, 2, 3, 3, and 4

And if you search online there are a lot of people having the exact same problem, so it's not just me pulling something out of my butt.

Because my post got deleted (probably because it mentioned something against the rules, idk), yes, I know what "legit" means; it means it was legitimately caught. To not risk my post being deleted again, I'll just say go on a quick google search. You'll find a lot of people complaining about legit Pokémon not going through.

Okay, so here's my story.

A couple years ago I got some mystery gift pokemon at an anime convention. one of the events was for shiny eevees run by a random guy, the other was run by the site Halolz and they gave out shiny mudkips.

both of these are equally fair you would say, yeah? well the halolz ones went through fine, but the eevees won't transfer over. These things are some of my most cherished pokemon, so I've been desperately trying to find some kind of workaround for them...

Okay, so here's my story.

A couple years ago I got some mystery gift pokemon at an anime convention. one of the events was for shiny eevees run by a random guy, the other was run by the site Halolz and they gave out shiny mudkips.

both of these are equally fair you would say, yeah? well the halolz ones went through fine, but the eevees won't transfer over. These things are some of my most cherished pokemon, so I've been desperately trying to find some kind of workaround for them...

Those are custom (read: not legit or legal) event Pokémon, no surprise some didn't make it through. Afraid there really isn't a workaround for you.

Those are custom (read: not legit or legal) event Pokémon, no surprise some didn't make it through. Afraid there really isn't a workaround for you.

yeah I was afraid of that. Fortunately a recent friend of mine happens to be proficient with pokegen, so there is that at least. still sucks, but at least i'll have spiritual successors.

I have had a few Legendary Event Pokemon not go though also. I am just right now trying to put over pokemon I caught and did not RNG at all I have had a few not make it but they were things that I really did not care about so I think there are probems with the check.

On this forum and others, there have been others pleading for help, when the Pokemon they believe to be Legit did not pass through.

Here's my findings (which is also on first post now):

Some Gen III Pal Parked Pokemon1

Note 1:

The pattern I recognized is corrupted OT names (from all the reported entries on Pokecheck).

I've previously read that Pokegen had this bug which I don't remember it being fixed,

so the corrupted names might an extraction issue when using Pokegen; might not have been present.

Once I fixed the trash bytes for OT and Nickname (zerorized) this issue disappears.

Seeking help to discover the root of the problem.

(remember, this is not meant to circumvent checks)

On this forum and others, there have been others pleading for help, when the Pokemon they believe to be Legit did not pass through.

Here's my findings (which is also on first post now):

Some Gen III Pal Parked Pokemon1

Note 1:

The pattern I recognized is corrupted OT names (from all the reported entries on Pokecheck).

I've previously read that Pokegen had this bug which I don't remember it being fixed,

so the corrupted names might an extraction issue when using Pokegen; might not have been present.

Once I fixed the trash bytes for OT and Nickname (zerorized) this issue disappears.

Seeking help to discover the root of the problem.

(remember, this is not meant to circumvent checks)

I received a Toys R Us Mystery Mew (a 3rd Gen event Pokemon) through a trade a very long while back that wouldn't transfer to the bank. I'm not sure if it's because it was hacked or because it's a really old event Pokemon, but when I examined it in Pokegen I saw that its SID was set to 00000, which is probably the cause. I think other people have had issues with the Mystery Mew as well, and I've seen a lot of identical ones on Pokecheck with the same SID of 00000.

So far that's the only Pokemon I've had trouble transferring.

Never mind. See next post.

Edited by Rycr

Just for the record, I got Mystry Mew across, so SID 00000 isn't an issue.

The Mew above didn't get through due to "Rock Climb" (I believed it was "poke-transferred using Pokecheck, hence the move remained)

It's a "false" false positive

Just for the record, I got Mystry Mew across, so SID 00000 isn't an issue.

The Mew above didn't get through due to "Rock Climb" (I believed it was "poke-transferred using Pokecheck, hence the move remained)

It's a "false" false positive

Yes, I did use Pokecheck because I lost my completed White game so I couldn't use Poke Transfer. I can't believe I missed that, though. I definitely have to remember to take a look at the moveset if this happens again.

EDIT: Yep, worked with a valid moveset. Pokegen or Pokecheck messed up the OT though when I was editing the moveset, giving it an invalid trash byte on the end that I didn't notice until the supposedly-fixed Mew still wouldn't go through. Once that issue was resolved, it worked just fine.

• 4 months later...

Are Pokemon from the xD and Colosseum games being blocked by the Poke Transporter? I downloaded the Distant Land Collection posted here because I wanted the three legendary birds with there xD exclusive moves. Unfortunately none of the Pokemon in either zip file can make it through Poke Transporter. I've tried fixing the trash bytes as best I can, but they still can't pass. Is anyone else able to get them through?

Are Pokemon from the xD and Colosseum games being blocked by the Poke Transporter? I downloaded the Distant Land Collection posted here because I wanted the three legendary birds with there xD exclusive moves. Unfortunately none of the Pokemon in either zip file can make it through Poke Transporter. I've tried fixing the trash bytes as best I can, but they still can't pass. Is anyone else able to get them through?

The Wes and Michael set were originally contributed by me on a previous account. The only Pokemon with trashbyte issues were those I used during the playthrough and then reverted to an untouched status later (I forgot to fix the bytes on the names when unevolving). My xD birds were never used in any way and were uploaded same as they were when caught, so they shouldn't have any problems at all.

The originals that were on my various carts over the generations are the same as the ones in the zip, and my entire collection went through just fine.

It's not just the birds. I tried it with a few random Pokemon (Eevee, Baltoy, Ledyba, etc) and they all get stopped by Poke Transporter. I'm extracting them from the file, inserting them into box 1 via Pokegen, and saving the file. No editing whatsoever. Then I upload them to my cartridge using a NDS plus adapter.

Also of note (I'm pretty sure this is what's causing the problem) when I open the game and check the Pokemon the name comes up as ?????? and the OT is ??????. Any ideas? Is Pokegen causing this problem?

The Wes and Michael set were originally contributed by me on a previous account. The only Pokemon with trashbyte issues were those I used during the playthrough and then reverted to an untouched status later (I forgot to fix the bytes on the names when unevolving). My xD birds were never used in any way and were uploaded same as they were when caught, so they shouldn't have any problems at all.

The originals that were on my various carts over the generations are the same as the ones in the zip, and my entire collection went through just fine.

Are you putting them in a Gen V game? They are Gen IV .pkm files...

That was my problem! Thank you so much, I didn't realize that. I figured since the post was updated in 2013 they were Gen V Pokemon. My mistake. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

The Transporter is very odd when receiving Pokémon from Gen III games.

A couple of Pokémon from Fire Red including a Bellsprout (hatched), Togepi (from in-game event) and a Caterpie didn't pass, but then when I retried an hour later, they did.

My beloved shiny Sableye from my Emerald version also failed to pass. I've had this guy for almost eight years and has collected pretty much all of the available Ribbons up until now. After several attempts, he passed through. These were Pokémon obtained in retail cartridges, never edited, nor converted to file.

At least they're through now. :)

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, NinjaBryden said:

The Shiny Greninja with Protean that my friend gave me lost its HA once we transfered it to Sun and Moon. Could it have been hacked cause I am pretty salty rn...

Likely a bad hack.

Was given Protean but ability number still was 1 or 2.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, Cloudy0709 said:

AFAIK now that celebii is obtainable in VC gen 2, it can be shiny. Does pokemon bank actually accept the transfer? Or does it detected shiny celebii as hacked?

You can safely transfer Shiny Celebi from Crystal VC to Bank. Or trade him between games and bring him to SwSh