Doc

What version will you buy?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What version will you buy?

• Heart Gold
    • Soul Silver
    • ARE YOU CRAZY? IM GETTING BOTH!
    • None

I'm pre-ordering HeartGold via Play-Asia, and I'll buy SoulSilver when it comes out in the US. So I'm getting both. :D

I'm really only importing for two reasons:

1. I'll need them to get a head start on my save research.

2. I'm not sure yet that the PokéWalker peripheral will be released outside of Japan. I want one, so no point in taking that chance!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its only japan that gets the pokewalker then im not buying any of them!

You are not getting the game because a pedometer is missing?!

In any case it is sure to be there.(In the USA version) There are events that Pokemon of America has to distribute to the players....

it could have been a pedometer or anything, if its missing a large part of the game then i wouldnt buy it because id feel cheated, anyway its kinda obvious that it will be given out in all languages, its the new thing, the hook, the "oooh look at that thing" thing, why would they only give it to the japanese.

For my "import" =P I will be obtaining HeartGold, but once the games come stateside I will be buying SoulSilver.

Same for me.

I'll be importing HeartGold, and getting SoulSilver once it gets it's NA release.

I originally said Heart Gold (much like when Gold came out.), but for the first time since the second gen I'm going to get both versions (not counting the third iteration of each one).

Going to order Soul Silver online and run through that game (mainly so I can get Japanese events, and the like) then get Heart Gold when it arrives in the UK.

Though I'm residing in Australia now, I'd be very picky about the giant ratings that are plastered on Aussie boxes, so I'm willing to wait for the UK one to be shipped.

Edit: That's a lie, I bought both FireRed and LeafGreen, don't judge me.

I'm getting both and starting off with Soul Silver. I'll probably use Soul Silver as my competetive gaming file and then use Heart Gold as my event and rare pokemon housing game. If not, I'll use both as equally as humanly possible and then use Platinum as a means to hold all my events. :P But ya. I'll be getting both.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I originally said Heart Gold (much like when Gold came out.), but for the first time since the second gen I'm going to get both versions (not counting the third iteration of each one).

Going to order Soul Silver online and run through that game (mainly so I can get Japanese events, and the like) then get Heart Gold when it arrives in the UK.

Though I'm residing in Australia now, I'd be very picky about the giant ratings that are plastered on Aussie boxes, so I'm willing to wait for the UK one to be shipped.

Edit: That's a lie, I bought both FireRed and LeafGreen, don't judge me.

You can't tell, but I'm judging you for buy both Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Call me a loser but I'm importing Soul Silver from Japan to get a head-start getting used to the gameplay and what-not (even though I know like, no Japanese what-so-ever) and then I will be re-buying Soul Silver when it is released in the US, along with Heart Gold. So, total, I will have:

-Two copies of Soul Silver

-One copy of Heart Gold

I'm doing this so I can receive Japanese events as well as the fact that I don't want to wait. I'm also going to re-buy it because I want the Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Arceus figures. So total, I'll be spending about $120 on these new games. Am I crazy? Maybe. Do I care what you think? Not so much. :bidoof:

Heart Gold sounds kinda girly (Reminds me of Sailor Moon. Nuff said.) 'Soul Silver' sounds better and reminds me of Sesshoumaru...So, I'll be getting Soul Silver. *nods* Then I'll use cheats and obtain all the HG specific pokemon. Mu-ha-ha-ha! (In my opinion, we don't need versions of the games. It's just a trick used by Nintendo to double sales.)

• 2 weeks later...