PokesavDS

Chase-san

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, erm well never released it. Since it was never finished. I released the source of what I had so far awhile ago on the other forum. But I suppose I could make it a click and go sort of thing. (ergo rename your save to something and place it in certain directory, then run the program)

Oh right, erm well never released it. Since it was never finished. I released the source of what I had so far awhile ago on the other forum. But I suppose I could make it a click and go sort of thing. (ergo rename your save to something and place it in certain directory, then run the program)

:D I like.

I have been thinking about this Chase, and while the idea of doing a pokesav like thing on the nintendo ds is great for being out... how many people do massive save editing while on the go away from a pc/laptop?

I think it should be a low priority on our list. It is also geared ONLY towards script kiddies who have flash carts.

The ONLY time I would use it is if I am on a LONG vacation with MANY driving hours, and I cannot (for whatever horrendous and absolutely ridiculous reason) bring my laptop (or netbook in the case of other people).

Plus, helping me with PokeMod will make it easier for you to structure the DS program, and port the code to something "simplier".

Sometimes you do need to tweak EVs before a battle or change your Hidden Power type or give yourself an item or something like that, though.

• 1 month later...

THIS PROJECT IS AWESOME!!! I can't wait for it to come out!!

I guess the next project is PPRE for DS, huh Chase?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I've thought of something, it's kinda crap though: how about you make a sort of INI for the pkm file with it's name and OT witch can be changed.

I have been thinking about this Chase, and while the idea of doing a pokesav like thing on the nintendo ds is great for being out... how many people do massive save editing while on the go away from a pc/laptop?

I think it should be a low priority on our list. It is also geared ONLY towards script kiddies who have flash carts.

The ONLY time I would use it is if I am on a LONG vacation with MANY driving hours, and I cannot (for whatever horrendous and absolutely ridiculous reason) bring my laptop (or netbook in the case of other people).

Plus, helping me with PokeMod will make it easier for you to structure the DS program, and port the code to something "simplier".

I would use it because I am very impatient, so I would not be able to wait until I have access to this computer, if there was a way to edit it on the DS (and there will be).

This will be very useful for those with Slot-2 flashcarts. Just dump, edit, restore. Simple. :kikkoman:

I'm sure that as long as your flashcart works on a DSi you'll be able to use this program on the DSi as well.

It should be the equivilant of using it on a Slot-1 flashcart in a regular DS.

• 2 weeks later...

blah, not dead just.. to be honest not really been interested in this recently. Honestly, it is fairly redundant.

I have actually been waiting for Sabre to contact and or get with me about Pokemod, but that really hasn't happened either.

I do think Sabre has gotten in a bit over his head though, considering the number of supposed features.

Why wouldn't you be interested? This project is cool. You can edit your save file on the DS itself, which I think is just awesome. Good luck on the program, I hope it gets finished!

Programming for the DS is harder than fo the PC. For the DS, one can only use C/C++. For the PC, one has a lot more options. I'm a VB person, and I have not been able to sucessfuly even compile source code for DS homebrew.

I do think Sabre has gotten in a bit over his head though, considering the number of supposed features.

Just release an early beta that dosen't have as many features as he plans, then release more betas when he has more and more features.

I do think Sabre has gotten in a bit over his head though

Like me, and my SAVE editor for Mystery Dungeon. I have no clue how to find the checksum, given the game's security.

Sabresite has real life things going on as well. But Chase, if you are still interested in helping out, you should talk to SCV, Jiggy-Ninja, or myself about the project we are working on. We're in the IRC chat #PP-Research fairly often.

And evandixon, you should talk to SCV too, if you haven't already. He's a math guy, so he may be able to help you with your checksum problem. (By the way, did you try what I suggested earlier?)

I wouldn't say its so much the difficulty as it is the lack of interest on my part. Till I get back into Pokemon (it tends to cycle these things), it probably will not move.

Same thing happens to me. Every few months I stop playing, then return later once it becomes interesting again. With the upcoming release in Jap of HGSS I'm sort of back into pokemon, though after its release and I read and learn all the new stuff and details I'll probably stop again until its release in the US lol!

Anyways, I do know some C++ and am eager to help if needed, though be mindful it wont be quick at times since I have a broken computer I am attempting to fix along with other RL stuff to do. That and I'm not an expert code writer, though little tedious stuff I can do, like copying, retyping, looking for errors, etc I can do when I have free time.

A pokesav type application that I can use on my DS on the go, anywhere, and perfect for those little tweaks like changing moves, IVs, EVs, and such? I'd like that very much even though I dont have a flashcart (yet) and esspecially for the release of HGSS. Though my Diamond is turning into my hack game and I just trade to platinum to leave no trace (and Platinum fixes Diamond Hex values so I dont have to mess with caught location values)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah sorry, the program was turning out great, until I just generally lost interest. I do not even have the build environment setup currently to build an older version of the binary if I wanted to.

These were the last screenshoots from the last version I made screenshots on... (I have a binary flaoting around, but its filesystem handling was buggy, so all it really can do is browse its internal filesystem). Though in fact I made 2 or 3 minor versions past this there was no major improvement.

screenshot_v2_0.pngscreenshot_v2_1.png

You can find the complete source and other such stuff in this folder on my server: http://www.csdgn.org/files/pokesav/

I apologize for wasting your time, but I wanted to get this out to anyone interested. The source code is included, and while I do not really care about licenses to much but if you really want one GPL v3 looks nice. That way other people can benefit too. :) But really its nothing 'that' special. Mostly just tables and a handful of small functions.

I wanted to finish it at some point but it really doesn't look like it will happen.