Weekly Poll #4: Blaziken vs. Infernape

wraith89

Blaziken or Infernape?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Blaziken or Infernape?

• Blaziken
    • Infernape
    • I can't choose... I like both of them!
    • Neither. Who needs a humanoid chicken and an overhyped monkey?
    • Charizard! (do NOT pick this)
    • Typhlosion! (do NOT pick this)
    • Neither of the two above belong here, btw...

Clash of the fire creatures!

[sprite]257[/sprite] [shinysprite]257[/shinysprite]

BLAZIKEN

FIRE/FIGHTING

HP: 80

Atk: 120

Def: 70

SpA: 110

SpDef: 70

Spe: 80

BST: 530

Advantages:

- More powerful attack and special attack power

- Can learn Brave Bird and some other Flying moves

- Is able to Baton Pass unlike Infernape

- Can use Agility to become faster

- Not weak to Stealth Rocks thanks to its Fighting type

- Learns Reversal and therefore can fire off an Endure + Reversal combo with Blaze powered Salac Berry'd Fire Punch/Blaze Kick

- Was the ORIGINAL Fire/Fighting

Disadvantages;

- Is outclassed by Infernape in battling and therefore not seen as much as Infernape

- Slower than Infernape

- Has a smaller movepool than Infernape

- Cannot learn Close Combat (must resort to Superpower or Sky Uppercut)

- Seems to have slightly weaker defenses than Infernape (has no consequence really) and therefore frail

[sprite]392[/sprite] [shinysprite]392[/shinysprite]

INFERNAPE

FIRE/FIGHTING

HP: 76

Atk: 104

Def: 71

SpA: 104

SpDef: 71

Spe: 108

BST: 534

Advantages:

- Is in its own speed tier

- Has an insane movepool, including moves such as Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Grass Knot, Close Combat, and a lot more

- Has the ability to break walls easily

- Very versatile and unpredictable in many aspects

- More useful in battles than Blaziken

- Not weak to Stealth Rocks

- Based off Son Goku (you remember Goku from DragonBallZ?) and therefore much cooler in that aspect

Disadvantages:

- Weaker than Blaziken in Attack and Special Attack

- Rather frail

- Cannot Baton Pass boosts unlike Blaziken

- Is a rip off of Blaziken and lacks originality

Vote which one you like and give a reason why.

I picked Blaziken because I raise chickens myself (Blaziken looks NOTHING like a chicken but still...) and I just don't like Infernape. It's too strong and made poor Blaziken look like a ninny. I don't like Blaziken much, but even then, I'd prefer Blaziken over Infernape anytime.

Hey, I don't see the Poll Options on the top but i'll just make my opinion first. I'll go for Infernape, first of all it has a higher base stat total, second it's an OU. I also like its moves better. And I have a preference of speed over attack.

Hey, I don't see the Poll Options on the top but i'll just make my opinion first. I'll go for Infernape, first of all it has a higher base stat total, second it's an OU. I also like its moves better. And I have a preference of speed over attack.

I added the poll just now. And yes, it's true. Infernape IS the better choice for battling. :(

I'll laugh if someone picks the last option. :biggrin: :bidoof:

My sister would pick Blaziken, most girls don't have the preference over power but the looks. She says Infernape is WAY too ugly.

It's not TOO ugly... but Blaziken looks cooler... I'll have to say.

Someone WILL pick that last option, just watch... they ALWAYS do :creep:

Two of my fav pokemon and you force me to choose X_X

I think i will pick....Infernape! simply because he is the faster of the two has a wide movepool and made platinum way to east when paired with staraptor.

Though if the choice were based on anything else i whould pick Blaziken :D

I choose wraith89 must die :wink:

Same here.:creep:

I choose Infernape, i never liked Blaziken, and my friend always killed my beloved Sceptile with it. :mad:HATE! Also i like the idea of a monkey. with flames on his head. instead of something that resembles a chicken. :biggrin:

I'm not really a fan of monkeys... The only thing going for infernape here is that it can be pinkish when shiny and that it's faster. I'm a bit attached to my Blaziken, so it's obvious which one I prefer.

Bwuh. There are plenty of guys who choose Pokémon for their looks and not their usability in battle. For example, choosing entire teams consisting of dragon types.XP It just happens that the "cool" looking ones are some of the strongest. :P

I'm not really a fan of monkeys... The only thing going for infernape here is that it can be pinkish when shiny and that it's faster. I'm a bit attached to my Blaziken, so it's obvious which one I prefer.

Bwuh. There are plenty of guys who choose Pokémon for their looks and not their usability in battle. For example, choosing entire teams consisting of dragon types.XP It just happens that the "cool" looking ones are some of the strongest. :P

Tell that to Pidgeot :(

And yeah, Pink Infernape... o_O

I guess I like Blaziken too due to its aesthetics... or maybe because I'm biased against something so strong...

I never noticed how "weak" he was until I saw your thread. I've always seen him as popular, and used him successfully in-game, but never bothered checking his base stats. Kinda weird. O_o

I'm taking these weekly polls more as a aesthetic thing than a battle one, since in the end, the "better battlers" will always be better. Of course there's exceptions and ways to avoid it like choosing ones in the same tier, but still.

Finally................its about time the Original Firefighter (get it) got some respect!!

Infernape............daaaarn youuuuuu!!! Stupid Gamefreak HAD to make another fire fighting type!.... not to mention outclass the original one like this!!:mad:

Yes Ape has a better movepool.....why couldnt they give Blaziken a little more boost? Why not give it base 82 speed so it can beat Gyarados? Why not give it OF AAALLL pokemon Close Combat? Sheez even Some Normal types learn close combat (ursaring, granbull...your nothing like Blaziken). OF ALL the animals in the world.....they chose an Ape, an ugly one at that, to be a feared fighting type??

Poor Blaziken ; _ ;. Hes still one of my favorite pokemon from the RSE gen. Hes such a hunky pokemon (yes im a guy, hunky means muscular)....its such a travesty.

Seriously, i wouldve chosen the final option as i did in the last poll, but unlike those stupid rats, i do have a soft corner for the Blaze master. It looks nothing like a chicken, If you see his Evolution line, all his basic forms look like cute (yukh) and stupid looking pokemon.....i mean just look at Combusken, can you believe a stupid thing like that becomes a Hottie like Blaziken? dont even get me started on torchic >_<.... its just wrong. No other pokemon looks so different from its basic forms.....not even Gyarados for cryin out loud! Magikarp has whiskers and an always open mouth after all! Blaziken has that amazing build and sharp looking features, what does Combusken have? a round beak and.....legs?wth??!! Blazikens beak makes it look like a menacing eagle. Infernape? even Machamp looks better!!:eek:

Blaziken had a glorious run in RS cause he swept the Pokemon League like light saber cutting through Infernapes frail and thin arms >=), but that doesnt mean they outclass it like this!! They always give a few good pokemon the short end of the stick.

To let you know how much i <3 Blaziken i would say, If pokemon was real and i was a trainer......it would most certainly be in my 6 pokemon party.

Thanks for the Poll Wraithy:) im glad i could say this for an Awesome pokemon. It makes me feel better.

You dont have to use Blaziken in OU or just for the sake of it......just dont think its nothing compared to Ape. Remember, Blaziken came out first and it was the basis on which they made another one to be better than it.

i dont think typhlosion comes close to these 2 maybe if it had a few more moves and a 2nd type, and that name... i always rename it ferruption. infernapes movepool puts him miles ahead.

infernape FTW

Blaziken all the way. Also, Infernape doesn't outclass Blaziken. Blaziken runs a Specs and Band set way better. Also, it gets Agility so the speed isn't an issue. Also Infernape was very unoriginal. They made it look like an overhyped retarded skinny offspring of Blaziken and Slaking.

Infernape. I like things that can frenzy well. I can't imagine anything doing Close Combat cooler than Infernape would (it's obviously more than just punches) and that's just one of many reasons I find him cooler. I will admit that Blaziken has a much cooler shiny form though and Sky Uppercut is kind of cool. Not to mention, Infernape could never do Blaze Kick as cool as Blaziken would.