PID Generation and SID calculation in gen 6

Hide

Hey there, as some off you may have noticed, I've been looking for a way to calculate the SID of a Pokémon, without the use of applications such as Instachek ('cause these are locked-down).

My preliminary investigation shows that PIDs of chained shiny Pokémon are created in a similar fashion than in previous generations:

• If you fetch the PKX of a chained shiny Pokémon, recreate it under Pokegén and employ the PID finder, you shall get a PID that matches the SID
  • When you take the PID and proceed to calculate the SID using the "manual method" you will get a SID value that is very close to the real SID (with a spread/margin of +/- 7 or less, meaning that if your resulting SID was "714", it might be in a range from 707 to 721). I believe such spread is the result of the normal in-game dynamics (described in the method's tutorial)
  • So, considering these results, I theorize that PID generation dynamics for CS pokémon in Gen 6 could have been retained

If you wanna give it a try (remember, it must be a chained shiny PKX's data):

1. Fetch PKX editor and read the Pokémon’s data

2. Introduce the following data in pokégen:

On the FIFTH TAB:

• OT ID
  • OT SID
  • OT Name

On the FIRST TAB > "F" button > PID FINDER:

• Pokémon nature
  • Pokémon species
  • Gender (set to either)
  • Ability (set to either)
  • IVs (set to "=" on its respective drop-menu)
  • CS method

3. Hit "Search" (you'll most likely get a single PID)

4. Take the PID and use the aforementioned method to calculate the SID.

How is this helpful? Well, I believe there are 2 reasons:

• This may ease the identification of the game's Pokémon seeds
  • There are higher chances to find a SID reversing the PID generation process (I am currently working on this)

Credits to the creators/researchers that respectively designed/deduced Pokégen & the SID manual calculation method.

Comments appreciated,

- Hide

Edited by Hide

The Chained Shiny PID method creates shiny PIDIVs with modifications for a loaded ID-SID.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#pid_chained_shiny

The X/Y PID-IVs do not match the gen 4 method.

So essentially, you started with your answer to receive your answer. Doesn't do any good, I'm afraid.

Thank you very much for the comments Kaphotics; I understand what you mean, but trying doesn't do any bad as well, don't you think?

The link you provided is quite useful and has helped me a lot! I read your comments on SVExchange, the spinda method's very interesting, do you know more about this?

- Hide

Thank you very much for the comments Kaphotics; I understand what you mean, but trying doesn't do any bad as well, don't you think?

The link you provided is quite useful and has helped me a lot! I read your comments on SVExchange, the spinda method's very interesting, do you know more about this?

- Hide

Spinda method (probably) won't work; we currently believe the spots for X/Y origin are based on the encryption constant not the PID.

• 1 year later...