Colosseum & XD trash bytes?

Michael J. Caboose

The Pokemon I originally donated to the distant land collection were all submitted under previous generation standards, because Pokemon and trainers are named with lowercase letters these days.

I was wondering how the trash bytes work for the Gamecube games so that I can nickname the Pokemon with their names in lowercase and change the trainer to "Wes" or "Micheal", depending on the version. This is all only so I can try to maintain as much consistency with the Pokemon I've caught in all the main regions (stuff like Ranch are exceptions since I could have altered the information if I wanted to).

I know trash bytes only originate from Pal Parking in this case. That's what I've been saying.

I submitted all of them in Gen IV format, meaning they have already been Pal Parked. If I go to edit their nicknames or trainers now, it screws up the trash bytes, which seem to be different than those found on Pokemon originating from the regular GBA games after Pal Parking since trashbyte.exe doesn't fix them. Hence the original question. How do they work, so that I can have valid trash bytes on the Gen IV games in preparation for PokeTransfering them and then PokeTransporter in a few days.