R4 Problem!

Mushen

This is a problem I'm sure other people have had. It seems to be pretty common, but I haven't found a solution.

I just recently bought an R4i SDHC DSi back-up unit. It is compatible with DSi, DS-Lite, and NDS.

Here the actual product I bought: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/R4i-SDHC-DSi-Backup-Unit-p-2906.html

So. I received the card about 40 minutes ago. Had my Micro SD card ready with YSMenu firmware etc and put it in the R4 and then into my DS Lite. I turned the DS Lite on and I was stationed at a LOADING screen and it did not progress any further than that. I tried using some R4 firmware, and then some R4i firmware that came off of the website I bought from, its actually downloaded from the link above. Nothing worked...

I have a Sandisk MicroSDHC 4gb.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong. I dont want to come to the conclusion that the R4 unit is actually plain messed up because that would suck and it would be a total waste of money.

I really need some help here. Again, I have searched google - people have had this problem but they didn't really get worthwhile responses...

If you need more info, let me know. And maybe I'm missing some things, I'm not sure. It seemed simple. Firmware - in MicroSD. Period.

EDIT: the maker of the clone R4 is www.r4ultra.ncom

Well. I fixed it myself. For anyone who reads this post.

You go to the r4ultra site. Download the latest kernel, and just extract it in the SD root folder... Simple

My next problem is backing up gamesaves.... Rudoplhs guide didn't work. I keep getting an error when I try to run the nds on my nintendo dslite....

Is there any way to fix that, or is there a better/easier program.