3DS PowerSaves does not recognize Pokemon XY as well as other few games...

TokoyamiTheDark

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my license key was switched to US, screen stopped flickering and loaded the codes.

Only then I could do the backup.

Right now if the codes don't load first, and I do a backup, it might hang.

Anyway for all those with issues out there, please follow this.

That's the reply I got.

E-mail them GO GO GO

Background story:

I was asking if the site with the requests are up yet, which the response I got was no.

He then gave me this info cause I told him many users have issues and yet to receive replies

The first email I sent a few days ago was just through one of those fill out forms on their site.. dunno if it ever got to them or not, so I just sent one to that email. Lets see if they reply now. Hopefully this email doesnt lead to the furnace too.

Hey all, I'm having a slight problem with my Power Saves 3DS, and I want to know if anyone else is having this problem as well. I inserted my Pokemon X into the Transfer Dock, and it tried to load all of the usual things for it, but after about 10 seconds, it says that there isn't any hardware attached to the computer. It works perfectly fine with my Pokemon Y, and even with all of my other 3DS games, so it seems to be an isolated case on my end.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a different thread for such a minor issue. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated

Hey all, I'm having a slight problem with my Power Saves 3DS, and I want to know if anyone else is having this problem as well. I inserted my Pokemon X into the Transfer Dock, and it tried to load all of the usual things for it, but after about 10 seconds, it says that there isn't any hardware attached to the computer. It works perfectly fine with my Pokemon Y, and even with all of my other 3DS games, so it seems to be an isolated case on my end.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a different thread for such a minor issue. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated

Created an account just to tell you I have the exact same problem so you don't feel like you are the only one with this oddly specific issue.

I've heard many people talking about the "No Hardware Found" issue but never the "It detects the damn cart for 10 seconds THEN decides it doesn't exist" issue.

I'm not to sure about licking the thing and don't have rubbing alcohol anywhere so those aren't really options. Plus the cart is new I doubt it's not clean. I have heard many people talk about the issue detecting X though, and judging by how your Y works I think that may be what you and me have run across.

Created an account just to tell you I have the exact same problem so you don't feel like you are the only one with this oddly specific issue.

I've heard many people talking about the "No Hardware Found" issue but never the "It detects the damn cart for 10 seconds THEN decides it doesn't exist" issue.

I'm not to sure about licking the thing and don't have rubbing alcohol anywhere so those aren't really options. Plus the cart is new I doubt it's not clean. I have heard many people talk about the issue detecting X though, and judging by how your Y works I think that may be what you and me have run across.

Oh trust me, just because it's new doesn't mean it doesn't need to be cleaned.

As long as you have girl in your house, even nail polish removal works (I used that).

IT's either not cleaned, wrong license region, or both. (I got both)

Though there's presently a new hardware issue, which I haven't suffered from so no advice there.

Hey there,

I got my Powersaves 3 days ago, and I had issues; most of them were similar to those described on this thread, but I got it solved.

First of all, I sent an email to check if my license matched the region of my game. I provided my region, email and license key. The company took 3 days to answer (after 4 tries); so don't worry, they take their time to reply, but they will likely help you (I think).

My region was OK. Still, I couldn’t backup anything:

• Sometimes the software would not detect the game
  • And when it did, the screen got stuck for hours "reading" the cartridge (nothing happened)
  • On occasions the window started blinking as if some bug took place

Alright, you should know that Powersaves requires internet to work; if you do not have internet, it won't work properly, so make sure you have internet. You will have to do this:

1. Download the newest software; they released v 1.14, around 2 days ago. Remember to get the version that corresponds to your OS
  2. Once you install the software, run the application with administrator privileges
  3. Plug Powersaves without the cartridge
  4. Load the cartridge
  5. Wait until the the app checks the internet and finishes looking for the “saves” and codes. You will know it's done loading internet stuff once you can see the codes; ATM I have not seen any “saves” available for download, so the "Powersaves" tab will display something like a red "(!)"
  6. ONCE everything has finished loading, hit "backup game". You'll see the app working; it takes around 3-5 minutes

If it doesn't work, restart the application and redo step 5 very carefully.

And that’s it.

-Hide

As long as you have girl in your house, even nail polish removal works (I used that).

Though there's presently a new hardware issue, which I haven't suffered from so no advice there.

Nah, as it stands I wont be able to get anything that could clean it for at least another week. Money and all that.

I did get an email from them saying that I may "own and alternate unsupported version of X" and that "We are hoping to release support for this release of the game very soon."

So it may be just that.

Well, I just cleaned out the cart with the polish remover (thank you mother), and I'm still having the problem. My program is on V1.14, so it's not a software issue, either. I'm also not too sure about the "alternate version of X", because both my X and Y games are day one releases, but that could be the case. I'm just glad that I'm apparently not the only one with this issue

I am having the same problem as well, i have tried both my x and y cartridge, have tried alcohol and that did nothing as well. So im guessing its a reion key problem, i was curious if someone could let me try their us key to see if that will fix it, if it does not work with a us key then im going to return the dongle, since itd be about 2 weeks before i got a new one i would like to be sure.

I am having the same problem as well, i have tried both my x and y cartridge, have tried alcohol and that did nothing as well. So im guessing its a reion key problem, i was curious if someone could let me try their us key to see if that will fix it, if it does not work with a us key then im going to return the dongle, since itd be about 2 weeks before i got a new one i would like to be sure.

Pretty sure it was established that sharing license keys was a bad thing to do. Not sure if it was this tread or another. Makes the key not work anymore or something.

That and it's never a good idea to share such a thing over the internet anyway.

Ive heard theres a problem when you use a different email- key combination, but no problem using the key in multiple places. But i agree, i have nothing against anyone who does not, id just rather know for sure before having to send it back and wait a couple weeks to get a brand new dongle. And also was hoping for it to be emailed or sent someway that it isnt just broadcasted on a forum lol.

Just thought I'd put some input, they just came out with v1.15 which completely fixed the connection issue I was having with my Pokemon X cartridge (for me anyways)

Maybe it should be working for everyone else :)

Yup, X works fine with me now. Glad that was patched :)

My apologies for the "noob" question, but am I right in assuming that anytime Datel is doing server maintenance the program will not work?

I ask because I went to back up my Pokemon X file and all it kept doing was keep trying to load the codes and what not. I initially thought that Pokemon X was having problems again so I tried Pokemon Y and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and re-installed the program several times and I kept getting the same issue.

So rather than assume that they're not working. Is it safe to say they're doing server maintenance...I mean I know it's 4:27AM so it might not be the most convenient of times to try to use it lol

Well, it could be as you suspect; after all, it seems you do need feedback from their servers in order to work.

My apologies for the "noob" question, but am I right in assuming that anytime Datel is doing server maintenance the program will not work?

I ask because I went to back up my Pokemon X file and all it kept doing was keep trying to load the codes and what not. I initially thought that Pokemon X was having problems again so I tried Pokemon Y and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and re-installed the program several times and I kept getting the same issue.

So rather than assume that they're not working. Is it safe to say they're doing server maintenance...I mean I know it's 4:27AM so it might not be the most convenient of times to try to use it lol

is it me or is the codes for diancie gone?! D: I think nintendo has told Datel to take it down :(

everyone check and see if you still have the codes

Edit: Confirmed its gone as of today :( along with latiosite and latiasite and AZ Floette

Not my video but only one I could find:

credits go to this guy

There's a chance to retrieve the codes, everything is stored in a local folder within your PC. -Perhaps- if somebody has not updated his/her XML code list (i.e. has not run the app since the codes were acquired) this person could save them and put 'em to use.

Still, taking such codes down is really low; the use of your property shouldn't be limited just like this.

is it me or is the codes for diancie gone?! D: I think nintendo has told Datel to take it down :(

everyone check and see if you still have the codes

Edit: Confirmed its gone as of today :( along with latiosite and latiasite and AZ Floette

Not my video but only one I could find:

credits go to this guy

- Hide

There's a chance to retrieve the codes, everything is stored in a local folder within your PC. -Perhaps- if somebody has not updated his/her XML code list (i.e. has not run the app since the codes were acquired) this person could save them and put 'em to use.

Still, taking such codes down is really low; the use of your property shouldn't be limited just like this.

Powersaves doesn't actually use codes in the sense that Action Replay did. The program simply gives you a list of cheats that their servers can apply by editing their save file, using specialized equipment (a farm of modded RAM-hacking 3DSes). If their servers don't offer the cheats, they won't apply them.

As for your property, all you own is a device that can send and receive data to the cartridge. It is Datel and their servers that do all the work, and they are well within their rights to decide what work they want to do with them.

Unsure if this is the proper spot to ask, but is there any way to differentiate a forced Kalos shiny from a legit one? I've stayed out of trading shiny Pokemon lately due to the risk of receiving a forced shiny. I've been told trash bytes get changed, but no one I asked could actually provide any proof/confirmation from an expert. :/

Unsure if this is the proper spot to ask, but is there any way to differentiate a forced Kalos shiny from a legit one? I've stayed out of trading shiny Pokemon lately due to the risk of receiving a forced shiny. I've been told trash bytes get changed, but no one I asked could actually provide any proof/confirmation from an expert. :/

Aside from obvious hacks (Xerneas, Yveltal, Celebi etc. are all shiny-locked), there is no way to differentiate them. Trash bytes are not involved.