3DS PowerSaves does not recognize Pokemon XY as well as other few games...

TokoyamiTheDark

A friend of mine told me to buy a ''3DS Powersaves'', claiming this is THE AR for 3DS Games that can also backup save files. But even after doing everything correctly, the software still tells me to insert the game in the Powersave hardware...It doesnt recognise Pokemon X/Y at all as well as other few games...we think I got scammed 25$ for a non-working thing, and when I tried to call the company on their website, I got told the phone numbers were for USA residents only...:mad: Does anyone has the same problem as I do?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokémon X and Y has a new kind of save. A NAND save, which isn't meant to be accessed outside of the cartridge. A few other newer games (like the new Animal Crossing) also have a NAND save or another kind of save that currently cannot be accessed by any backup device.

Also, the 3DS Powersaves isn't an Action Replay. It adds power to your saves, meaning it will let you start with edited saves that contain extra items, for example. (Since I don't have any kind of powersaves, I don't know if it lets you edit existing ones or not).

• 4 weeks later...

Much people think it's compatible with any games, but the list of compatibility is on their official website. You can't do more than they let you do. Even in this list, there are some games that don't work.

Its features are : backup saves from games in the list, insert Powersaves on the cartridge and create your own Powersaves with kind of "codes" you check before you insert it as a Powersaves on your game. I didn't get any opportunity to use the last one, cause I don't have a game they can give us codes for.

In the list of compatibility, their are games for which you can only backup saves. Not very interesting.

• 1 month later...

Look, you all... Let's be sincere...

I managed to make it work with my Y copy of this game but strangely not with my X. Now there's a question that won't shut up: Is the fact the 3ds powersaves device supposed to work only with certain game carts or not them all? I saw that now it's compatible but only managed to cheat on my Y... Toughts?

Edit: This is what i get every try of connecting my X cartridge on Powersaves 3DS. Note that My Y version still works. Any Thoughts?

2dj2rzs.png

Look, you all... Let's be sincere...

I managed to make it work with my Y copy of this game but strangely not with my X. Now there's a question that won't shut up: Is the fact the 3ds powersaves device supposed to work only with certain game carts or not them all? I saw that now it's compatible but only managed to cheat on my Y... Toughts?

Edit: This is what i get every try of connecting my X cartridge on Powersaves 3DS. Note that My Y version still works. Any Thoughts?

2dj2rzs.png

In any case, are you using Windows 8?

If you are, you might want to consider trying these settings

(right-click > Properties > Compatibility tab):

<If Possible, select "Change settings for all users">

Compatibility Mode

[✓] Run this program in compatibility mode for:

[Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)]

Privilege Level

[✓]Run this program as an administrator

Even though it's a different program, these settings managed to fix my usage of R4i dongle.

After basic troubleshooting, I'll say it's definitely Datel's issue.

EDIT:

Anyway, do you mind sharing your Pokemon Y save?

It'll be good to see the data of the save, as I don't have a 3DS PowerSaves.

(might help with wondercards or save editing?)

Only if you're willing :)

I read on gbaTEMP the save is stored here:

The files are stored under C:\Users\????\Powersaves3DS, where ???? is your Windows username.

After basic troubleshooting, I'll say it's definitely Datel's issue.

EDIT:

Anyway, do you mind sharing your Pokemon Y save?

It'll be good to see the data of the save, as I don't have a 3DS PowerSaves.

(might help with wondercards or save editing?)

Only if you're willing :)

I read on gbaTEMP the save is stored here:

The files are stored under C:\Users\????\Powersaves3DS, where ???? is your Windows username.

Okay, Wait a minute...

Edit: Here You Go... https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B9eNEYc0qQFZb2J2YUthUGhiRE0

It now works as Codejunkies added a few codes for both games, but it doesn't seem to reckognise my X version at all xD

Problem solved, this thread can now be closed :)

I don't know if I'd call that problem solved :P Though it seems to be a pretty common thing for some reason, as I'm seeing a few posts of that. Including myself, which is highly annoying as I specifically bought this for the ability to backup saves. Always been a peeve of mine with pokemon that you only got one save...

The support for Pokemon X has been already mentioned to be patchy, but I have had occasional success in backing up, modifying and restoring saves. As some on GBATemp have suggested try licking the gold contacts of your cartridge, I know this sounds peculiar but it has worked for me in the past. I did corrupt my X save though and it took two hours of plugging the cartridge in and out, cleaning it and trying over and over again to get it restored. I have pretty much just given up and ordered a copy of Pokemon Y for future use...

I can confirm that it does indeed work with both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I use UK versions of the games, so I dont know if its only having problems with other regions.

I uploaded a video to show that it does work. I modified my money, pokemiles and items. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options as of now, but I have hope that there may be an option to encounter shiny pokemon, like in past action replay's.

Link to my video:

mines is still working okay. One of my friends says that his has stopped too...wonder whats going on

Hmm, in that case I'm curious, what are the details in your XML file,

specifically referring to "Region"?

Mine is "REGION_EU" (just trying to see if that's one of the issues).