"No ROM is loaded" in PPRE 2.2?

isnorden

After downloading and setting up the latest PPRE release, I created a new project (entering full pathnames when the program called for them). Even though I chose a base ROM and specified a different name for the hacked version, PPRE gave me a "No ROM loaded" error message whenever I clicked on the editor tabs.

What might I have done wrong? I've installed Python 3 and GitHub for Windows; and I've downloaded/run setup.bat. If I overlooked some other files or steps, please let me know what to do. Many thanks!

ppre.exe..txt

ppre.exe..txt

After downloading and setting up the latest PPRE release, I created a new project (entering full pathnames when the program called for them). Even though I chose a base ROM and specified a different name for the hacked version, PPRE gave me a "No ROM loaded" error message whenever I clicked on the editor tabs.

What might I have done wrong? I've installed Python 3 and GitHub for Windows; and I've downloaded/run setup.bat. If I overlooked some other files or steps, please let me know what to do. Many thanks!

I'm unsure on the newer version of PPRE but I know the older ones you had to click "Set ROM". Has this been tried?

There is no "Set ROM" command as such in 2.2.0; I have had to enter all the pathnames and filenames manually (even after selecting "Open ROM" in the File menu; see my attached screenshots). All of these paths and files do exist on my computer--

BASE ROM:   C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\Pokemon Platinum.nds

DIRECTORY:  C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\

PROJECT NAME:  Sol Platinum Refined

DESCRIPTION:  A personal reworking of the Sol Platinum fanhack

VERSION:  0.1.0

PROJECT ROM:  C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\Pokemon Sol Platinum Refined.nds

ppre_tech-probs..gif

ppre_tech-probs..gif.d7d830055cf653ffdc5

There is no "Set ROM" command as such in 2.2.0; I have had to enter all the pathnames and filenames manually (even after selecting "Open ROM" in the File menu; see my attached screenshots). All of these paths and files do exist on my computer--

BASE ROM:   C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\Pokemon Platinum.nds

DIRECTORY:  C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\

PROJECT NAME:  Sol Platinum Refined

DESCRIPTION:  A personal reworking of the Sol Platinum fanhack

VERSION:  0.1.0

PROJECT ROM:  C:\My Documents\Pokémon Fanhacks\Hacking Tools\Working Folder\Sol Platinum Refined (WIP)\Pokemon Sol Platinum Refined.nds

Try a path that has no spaces in it.

That solved the no-ROM problem (thank you!), but now a new one has emerged. I can use most features of the program except for the Pokémon species editor. Below is the latest transcript from my error log; I'd appreciate any help you can offer to correct the listed mistakes. Thank you again!

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "editpokemon.pyc", line 198, in create
 File "editpokemon.pyc", line 97, in __init__
KeyError: 'Platinum'
 File "ppre.py", line 278, in quit
NameError: global name 'exit' is not defined

ppre_proj-screen&#4.gif

583dcfe081bd9_ppre_proj-screen4.gif.a1ff

That solved the no-ROM problem (thank you!), but now a new one has emerged. I can use most features of the program except for the Pokémon species editor. Below is the latest transcript from my error log; I'd appreciate any help you can offer to correct the listed mistakes. Thank you again!

File "editpokemon.pyc", line 198, in create
 File "editpokemon.pyc", line 97, in __init__
KeyError: 'Platinum'
 File "ppre.py", line 278, in quit
NameError: global name 'exit' is not defined

Unfortunately, the last version of PPRE I used was 0.14 Beta, which did not have a species editor (though it did have the ability to edit pokemon without issues) so I can't help you on this one. You could try PMing Alpha.