Shiny Question

questioner

Not sure about random encounters because I've yet to run into a shiny in the wild, but the chain fishing method absolutely works. I've run into 4 shinies that way, 2 within an hour even. I also hatched a shiny Bulbasaur via the masuda method. Ive been trying to hatch a shiny froakie thiugh, and I've had no luck with that again, so I would guess that the shiny egg hatching probability is about the same as last Gen

Sigh

Shiny fishing method is confirmed to work. There is no doubt about it. If you want proof i can trade you a few dozen fish Pokemon.

The Masuda method is said to have the same mechanic, and is still boosted to even a better chance. I got a shiny froakie egg at 33~ tries.

Random encounter rates remain the same. - However as is rumored, leaving/giving tips may boost likelihood of finding different colored Pokemon. This is to be considered a rumor until further proof is supplied.

Pokeradar pretty much works the same way as it did before with minor changes.

Horde battles are capable of producing shiny Pokemon. However the chance of a shiny there is still the same as it has been since 2003.

There is another rumor that the Key item you get post game - The Honor of Kalos - gets you a better shiny chance rate, but this is to be considered unproven until further information is confirmed.