Bob's Gods [RMT]

Gin

Bob's Gods

This is my Uber ladder team. It used to carry Arceus, but now it has been tweaked. Its new version works very well, and the few battles I've used this team on have been either

a win, or very, very close.

The team is pretty balanced, but the overall goals are:

• To clear the way for Rayquaza , my Late game sweeper
  • For all offensive pokemon to be versatile enough to change jobs (Helps reduce random switching and collapsing if an element is taken out, Trick room from a TR team, for example)
  • To reduce extra damage
  • And... To WIN!

Lineup:

Spr_4d_386A.png[sprite]150[/sprite][sprite]382[/sprite][sprite]249[/sprite][sprite]202[/sprite] [sprite]384[/sprite]

Analysis:

Spr_4d_386A.png

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

Nature: Naive (+ speed, - special defense)

Ev's: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 hp

• Extremespeed
  • Stealth Rock
  • Superpower
  • Mirror Coat

-----------------------------------------------

Comments:

Deoxys-A is my suicide lead. If their lead is Kyogre, I can Mirror Coat its Water Spout and 1HK0. I can lay down rocks, as well as attack faster Pokemon, mainly scarfed 'mon, with Extremespeed. If, for some reason, it doesn't die, I can use it as a main sweeper and let Rayquaza stay in the back and become a "Just in case" 'mon. This also opens gaping holes in the enemy team, as Deoxys-A is now not as common. Fewer teams are properly prepared for it, so it can function pretty well. Deoxys can also use superpower to mess up Blissey pretty badly.

The EVs are pretty simple now, a 252/252 spread

----------------------------------------------

[sprite]150[/sprite]

Mewtwo @ Choice Specs

Nature: Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)

EV's: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 defense

• Aura Sphere
  • Flamethrower
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunder

Comments:

Specs Mewtwo is immensely powerful, and I get a lot of coverage with the moves here. Aura Sphere is for Darkrai, Dialga, and Flamethrower is for all those Steel types. Ice Beam takes out Dragons, and Thunder is primarily

Anti-Kyogre. It is usable even if their lead was Kyogre, because of mine providing weather support. Mewtwo is my main sweeper, but it CAN act as a follow up sweeper if Rayquaza or Deoxys is disabled.

The EV's are simple, 252/252 spread.

[sprite]382[/sprite]

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Timid (+ Speed, -Attack)

Ev's: 252 Spatk/ 252 Speed/4 hp

• Water Spout
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf
  • Thunder

---------------------------------------

Comments:

ScarfOgre. It obviously works as my revenge killer, and helps stop any bulky attacker that could pose a threat to Rayquaza. Revenge killing is my favorite part of any battle, and my old Revenge killer was a scarf'd Deoxys-A. Wraith convinced me to use it as my lead instead, so I changed the killer.

Its preferred that it focuses on its job, however, as with most of the team, it can function as a sweeper if Mewtwo or Rayquaza is disabled.

Water spout is self explanatory, Ice Beam takes out dragons, Surf is for when I' running low on HP, and thunder works well with the rain.

The EV's are a 252/252 spread, once more.

--------------------------------------

[sprite]249[/sprite]

Lugia @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold (+ Defense, -Attack)

EV's: 252 HP/204 Speed/52 defense

• Whirlwind
  • Roost
  • Ice Beam
  • Reflect

--------------------------------------

Comments:

Lugia is pretty much the best Uber wall ever. This one is a physical wall, poisoning, and then stalling out physical threats that don't build up. For the ones that do, we toxic, and then whirlwind. Whirlwind has some nice synergy with our deoxys, as a phazed enemy will take rock damage as well.

The 204 Speed EVs translates into 307 Speed. This outruns all Pokémon of the base 90 Speed bracket that have a Speed boosting nature, an incredibly important feat in Ubers; this is because Groudon, Kyogre, and Dialga, all frighteningly powerful attackers, exist at that level. The hp and defense just help it out in its walling.

-------------------------------------

[sprite]202[/sprite]

Wobbuffett @ Leftovers

Ability: Shadow Tag

Nature: calm

EV's: 28 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/228 def

• Counter
  • Mirror Coat
  • Encore
  • Safeguard

------------------------------

Comments:

Wobbuffet. He is DEADLY. I can encore a boosting move, or an attack. He can't switch, and I just counter/Mirror Coat Away. I can also use the Shadow Tag/ Encore Combo to help Rayquaza set up.

The EV's help wobbuffet stay alive under the pounding it takes in battle

----------------------------

[sprite]384[/sprite]

Here it is:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb

Ability: Air Lock

Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, -special attack)

EV's: 252 attack/ 32 hp/216 speed

• Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage
  • Overheat

------------------------------------------

Comments:

Rayquaza. This guy's job is to tear through the defanged opposition. Earthquake handles Dialga, which poses a threat to my team, Outrage is an amazing STAB move, and Overheat stops all those steels

------------------------------------------

Problems that are known to exist:

Burns on Rayquaza

Pursuit

People who have helped this team:

Wraith89

Toffeuy

Goldgross

Randomspot

Random people on TU

Edit Log:

7/13: Fixed Blissey, Deoxys, Lugia, minor edits

7/14: Trying out Wobbufett

7/18: Set final team

Edited by Gin

Your Lugia's a Taunt Mewtwo bait :/

Beware of that, they'll easily get in free Calm Minds like that.

Seismic Toss Blissey doesn't work as well in Ubers. And that EV set isn't effective unfortunately :/

First off, even if this is ubers (where special attacks are dominant), I'd max out Blissey's defense. I'd go Bold nature, put 252 Def... and I guess you can put the rest into HP and Special Defense. Maximizing Blissey's defense helps it absorb physical hits a LOT more than investing in HP (I guess that means put 212 HP/252 Def (hits 704 HP I believe) and the rest into Special Defense). You saw how my Blissey survived your Rayquaza's unboosted Outrage :P

Sorry bob, I don't have time to fully rate the team now, but you do have a huge Pursuit weakness. I'll get to it later :/

Any specific reasoning for that EV set in your Deoxys? What does 56 Atk OHKO/2HKO?

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Timid (+ Speed, -Special Attack)

Ev's: 252 Spatk/ 252 Speed/4 hp

Water Spout

Ice Beam

Surf

Thunder

Timid doesn't lower Special Attack it lowers Attack. Jolly lowers Special Attack.

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash

Nature: Naive (+ speed, - special defense)

Ev's: 200 Special Attack/252 Speed/ 58 Attack

Extremespeed

Stealth Rock

Superpower

Mirror Coat

Why not give 252 Attack EV's. I don't see a need for Special Attack EV's. None of your moves are special-based. That is except Mirror Coat. But Mirror Coat does double the damage back so it doesn't require Special Attack.

Timid doesn't lower Special Attack it lowers Attack. Jolly lowers Special Attack.

Why not give 252 Attack EV's. I don't see a need for Special Attack EV's. None of your moves are special-based. That is except Mirror Coat. But Mirror Coat does double the damage back so it doesn't require Special Attack.

LOL. Common sense much bob? :D

Unless you're thinking of using Thunder or even Psycho Boost (note: do NOT try the latter... so many things resist it)...

But keep Naive nature. That allows you to have a greater chance for Focus Sash to activate and use Mirror Coat.

And bob's already picked Timid, Touffey, I don't see the point for that one. And btw Kyogre is a special sweeper.

Really? for some reason, I always thought mirror coat/counter just had twice the base power of the attack.

Mirror Coat is this: you take in a special attack (has a negative priority), and the damage dealt to the opponent is double what you had just taken. That means Kyogre gets OHKOd :P

Counter is the same for physical moves. Where did you get your Deoxys-F EV set from?

BTW Mirror Coat has no effect on Dark Pokemon and Counter has no effect on Ghost Pokemon.

Yeah, Special Attack EVs on that Deoxys is useless X_X

EDIT: Erm, bob? Don't use Psych Up on Blissey :o

Try some offensive move like Ice Beam. If you want, you can try Aromatherapy for curing status, but that leaves you open to Taunters.

lol bob. Is Failtrain what I think it is? :)

I'd replace Psych Up on Blissey with something like Ice Beam or Flamethrower. If you don't care much for attacking, try Thunder Wave/Aromatherapy or something like that. It opens you up to Taunters though... and that's bad.

Lugia already has Toxic, do you need two Pokemon with that? Thunder Wave cripples sweepers... or you can give Ice Beam to Lugia or something... which makes a rather nice Garchomp counter.

Toxic works well with the wish/protect combo, so I'll give beam to lugia. This solves both of the other Lugia problems too :D

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I could, then change blisseys beam to a flamethrower, for anti steel coverage.

Arceus is still banned on Ladder mah friend -__- and as you already know (i hope) that the Extended game clause has to be On if you wanna use it on normal battles. That, anyone will know right away, if they are experienced atleast >_>

Arceus is still banned on Ladder mah friend -__- and as you already know (i hope) that the Extended game clause has to be On if you wanna use it on normal battles. That, anyone will know right away, if they are experienced atleast >_>

X_X

I always turn on Extended Clause if the opponent insists on using Arceus :|

I don't mind it usually...

I'm not very experienced in Ubers, but I do know the best Blissey set for ubers is Calm Mind. There's little point in investing in physical defense since others take those hits so much better, and ubers is dominated by special attacks.

Blissey w/ Leftovers

Calm

Natural Cure/Serene Grace

252 HP/252 sp def/6 sp atk

- Calm Mind

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Thunder

- Water Pulse/Thunder Wave/Toxic

This Blissey will take special hits like no other. Lugia and many others take physical hits much better, so don't worry about it's physical defense. Just watch out for Tyranitar and Metagross' Pursuit.

It gets access to Psychic and Shadow Ball, but tons of other Pokes in ubers use those much better. Icy Wind is a possibility if you want to slow some threats down while lowering their speed. Thunder Wave should only be an option if Icy Wind or Thunder aren't on the set.

That said, this Blissey does not provide much team support. And it isn't supposed to. This would be better suited for that.

Blissey w/ Leftovers

Calm

Natural Cure

- Light Screen

- Wish

- Protect

- Aromatherapy

Be warned though, this is all based on theory-mon. I've never played ubers, I only know about it through reading. But Blissey should concentrate on special defense, and leave physical hits to Lugia.

I'm not very experienced in Ubers, but I do know the best Blissey set for ubers is Calm Mind. There's little point in investing in physical defense since others take those hits so much better, and ubers is dominated by special attacks.

Blissey w/ Leftovers

Calm

Natural Cure/Serene Grace

- Calm Mind

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Thunder

- Water Pulse/Thunder Wave/Toxic

This Blissey will take special hits like no other. Lugia and many others take physical hits much better, so don't worry about it's physical defense. Just watch out for Tyranitar and Metagross' Pursuit.

It gets access to Psychic and Shadow Ball, but tons of other Pokes in ubers use those much better. Icy Wind is a possibility if you want to slow some threats down while lowering their speed. Thunder Wave should only be an option if Icy Wind or Thunder aren't on the set.

That said, this Blissey does not provide much team support. And it isn't supposed to. This would be better suited for that.

Blissey w/ Leftovers

Calm

Natural Cure

- Light Screen

- Wish

- Protect

- Aromatherapy

Be warned though, this is all based on theory-mon. I've never played ubers, I only know about it through reading. But Blissey should concentrate on special defense, and leave physical hits to Lugia.

Not all ubers invest in special attack, randomspot. Even with minimal investment in Special Defense, Blissey can take hits from the special side quite well.

I do use a CM Blissey in Ubers... but even she has Defense investment (I believe 252 Def/40 SpA/216 SpDef). There are many physical attackers in Ubers, such as Rayquaza, physical Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Metagross, Scizor, and many more. It'd be nice to have Blissey take a hit from them.