XY Event - Inkay Pokemon Center Tokyo Bay (Japan)

BlackShark

A new event Pokemon was announced to be distributed at the new Pokemon Center Tokyo Bay to celebrate its opening.

m9lgfr.jpg

Pokemon: Inkay

Level: 10

OT: PCTB

ID: 11223

Ability: Contrary or Suction Cups

Nature: Random

Moves:

Happy Hour

Foul Play

Hypnosis

Topsy-turvy

Item: Aspear Berry

Pokeball: Cherish Ball

Ribbon: Premier Ribbon

Dates: 11.22.2013 - 01.26.2014

Game Distribution: X/Y

Distribution Type: Local Wireless

Distribution Location: Pokemon Center Tokyo Bay

Sources: Official site

It will be distributed in other Japanese Pokemon Centers as well.

From December 26th 2013 to January 26th 2014.

Edited by BlackShark

• 1 month later...

So this is out now. I don't have the file, but there are some interesting things that have been revealed. Info here: http://filb.de/2195

Local events don't appear to be region-locked. filb.de got the Inkay on a German game, and Masuda himself got it on a game in his French 2DS (which due to region-locking would necessarily be a European game).

The filb.de article also shows off the OT, ID, Ability, Nature (or at least a potential one), Ribbon, met location, distribution text, and German Wonder Card (although I'm guessing all Wonder Cards will be the same for all events now).

Here are my photos from my trip to the new Pokemon Center yesterday (Saturday):

http://imgur.com/a/oz2W6

I can also back up what SnorlaxMonster posted. I (as well as a few friends) were able to download the Inkay on our North American games/consoles as well as our Japanese consoles (pictures of both in above gallery). As expected, the distribution text and WC title were in Japanese, and WC text was in English.

Nature, Ability, and Gender are all random.

I've added the details to the Event Gallery entry here:

Tokyo Bay Inkay

I have a question since you went there, Guested. Do you know how they are actually distributed this generation? Like, they have a console sitting somewhere doing the distro from a cartridge, or you just connect to the local wireless, kinda like the nintendo zone distros for animal crossing?. The later, by changing the SSID of our routers (and maybe spoofing the mac) could open the access to those events to the rest of the world, if it's anything similar.

PS: This is just speculation, as some people think that it would be more economic to set up the distros without needing any cartridge for those events.

I didn't see anything, but it is most likely still a cartridge in a console (which is Local Wireless).

Aren't the Animal Crossing ones at Nitendo Zones done through SpotPass anyway?

There WAS some kind of hotspot there which made my console have internet access... and it allowed me to see my 3DS Friends List (I didn't configure anything in my connection settings)... I saw codemonkey85 was playing A Link Between Worlds, for example. So since it required no configuration from me but got full internet access, it might have been a Nintendo Zone hot spot.

But this event, like Gen IV and V, was gotten through the "Get through Local Wireless" option on the Mystery Gift menu, in-game....

not through the Internet, or through NintendoZone app or through SpotPass.

Yeah, the AC ones are done via street/spotpass (you use the in-game menu at the post office to check out if there is any event/distribution), but the events in question require you to be near an open router with a certain SSID, as nintendo will only send the files when requested via a 3DS connected thru those routers. The events used to be exclusive to some stores like Best Buy and (in japan) 7-eleven, I think. Later they changed it to any Nintendo Zone. Basically, even though the events were local, they still use internet to grab the data and send it to the 3DS.

The hotspot you saw, which didn't require you to configure up for use, was definitely a nintendo zone. Next time you go to one of those events, if you enter into the 3DS network settings and try to set it up manually you will find an open router with no protection. Knowing its SSID might help us check if they are using that for local events (as in Animal Crossing).

Now, I'm not saying the 3DS will detect those when using local wireless, as in the past that option only checked for other consoles and not routers... but it might be worth taking that into account and checking if somehow it works that way now.

• 3 weeks later...
The official site says that you won't be able to get it if you had gotten it at the Tokyo Bay PC, meaning the WC ID is the same.

I wonder if the new ones will have their own OT and Met Location for each Pokemon Center...

I got Inkay on all of my games, so I won't be able to get it at the other PC locations.

Keep your eyes out for blogs that might be reporting on this, just in case there is a new OT or Met Location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...