Emerald AuroraTicket question

Zowayix

Question:

Is an AuroraTicket possible to obtain on a US copy of Emerald?

I know they were possible on European copies because you could send them in to Nintendo, but I don't think there was anything like this for the US.

Also as far as I know the distribution of AuroraTickets in the US stopped before Emerald came out.

Edited by Zowayix

• 1 month later...
Question:

Is an AuroraTicket possible to obtain on a US copy of Emerald?

The items exists to be obtained... I'm in Canada, though, so we never had any Gen I, II or III events; period. I believe there were at least a few promotional events in the U.S. at which someone could obtain the Ticket over Mystery Gift, though.

Also as far as I know the distribution of AuroraTickets in the US stopped before FR/LG came out.

That seems unlikely, since Fr/Lg were the first games in which you could obtain the AuroraTicket... and they were released before Emerald.

Oops, I meant they stopped before Emerald came out.

Ah... well, that's entirely possible, but I'm not sure. North America's never gotten as many good events as Japan seems to, although the DS Generation seem to be slowly improving on that record.

In any case, the only way to obtain any of the tickets now is with an Action Replay (other than the Eon Ticket, which can be obtained by mixing records with a Ruby/Sapphire game that recieved the ticket legitimately). Not all the codes out there are so crude as warping and the like... there's a set of codes for Emerald that enable you to buy the tickets at a Pokemart, and then trigger their respective activation flags in the game; allowing you to go to the ship, get the surprised expressions, etc. That duplicates the experience of getting the tickets legitimately from an event as closely as is possible, and it's the method I used. I had to find a used GBA AR for that express purpose, as I'm not typically a user of cheating devices. Living in Canada, though, Nintendo really left me no other choice. Perhaps I would've been willing to drive down to NY to attend an event had I the time, however I don't often have that kind of time free (or at the right time, to attend an event).

Nope; if I'd known of such a code, I'd have opted to use it instead.

I'm not even really sure how Mystery Gift in Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen work, honestly... do they even have Wonder Cards, or make you pick up the gift from a delivery guy? Bulbapedia seems to make reference to Wonder Cards assocation with Mystery Gift beginning with Diamond and Pearl. I never went through the process in either game, though, so I can't say how it really worked.

When I (legitimately) obtained the Eon Ticket through Ruby's Mystery Event feature, the item was simply deposited directly into my Key Items pocket... and I imagine Emerald and Fr/Lg's Gift feature worked the same way. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think using an AR to obtain these tickets at a Pokemart and then enabling their triggers is really much of a cheat. Living in Canada, I was never able to get them legimiately anyway, despite the fact I'd have been very willing to go out to an event to get them. And at this late stage, there'll be no more GBA events, period. So if you want those tickets, the codes I referenced are probably your best bet.

They definitely have Wonder Cards.

Are you sure the Eon Ticket was put directly into Key Items?

If I remember correctly, after using Mystery Event, you would go to Norman in Petalburg Gym and he would give the item to you.

And in FR/LG/E, you would receive a Wonder Card through Mystery Gift (you had to have the Wireless Adapter) and then you could pick up the item from a person dressed in green standing next to Teala on the top floor of the Pokemon Center.

What I really want is not the tickets themselves, but the game to function exactly as if they had been legitimately obtained. I've used codes to obtain a MysticTicket and an AuroraTicket on my FireRed, and although I did get the surprised expression from the sailor, etc., the islands did not show up on the Town Map.

Edited by xorhash

They definitely have Wonder Cards.

Are you sure the Eon Ticket was put directly into Key Items?

If I remember correctly, after using Mystery Event, you would go to Norman in Petalburg Gym and he would give the item to you.

Ah, maybe you're right, yeah. It was a long time ago I scanned the card, but that does ring a bell.

And in FR/LG/E, you would receive a Wonder Card through Mystery Gift (you had to have the Wireless Adapter) and then you could pick up the item from a person dressed in green standing next to Teala on the top floor of the Pokemon Center.

Is it similar to D/P/Pt, where you can go back later and look at or delete Wonder Cards, or does it just automically dissapear after you've received it?

What I really want is not the tickets themselves, but the game to function exactly as if they had been legitimately obtained. I've used codes to obtain a MysticTicket and an AuroraTicket on my FireRed, and although I did get the surprised expression from the sailor, etc., the islands did not show up on the Town Map.

When you talk about their showing up on the map, do you mean Fr/Lg or Emerald? Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island aren't techincally within Hoenn, so I don't think they'd show up on the Emerald map (Southern Island obviously does). I haven't used any codes on my FireRed game, so I'm not sure how it reacts to the ticket codes.

EDIT: Okay, after backing up my save ('cuz I wanted to wait to activate the islands 'til I'd beaten the game) I just tried using the AR islands codes I had for my FireRed (v1.0), and Navel Rock and Birth Island did show up on my town map pages; but only after I'd sailed to them at least once.

The FR/LG/E wondercards have no special text on the "back side" like DPP. I don't know if they disappear after being received.

I've only seen a few pictures of wondercards (never got one myself) and it said something like:

"Talk to the green man on the top floor of the Pokemon Center to receive your [whatever item]. Do not trash this Wonder card until after receiving the item!"

Because of that last sentence, I'd assume that they disappear after being received, since the green man is apparently only there if you have the Wondercard with you.

About the islands on the Town Map (I'm talking about FRLG btw; I know they don't show up in Emerald), now that I think about it, I think I tried using those codes before I'd gotten to the Sevii Islands, so since the Town Map pages themselves weren't supposed to appear yet, that might be why they didn't appear. (After using the Town Map on Navel Rock, I think the page appeared without Navel Rock showing up, then after I tried switching the map to Kanto, I couldn't switch back to the Sevii Islands because those pages aren't supposed to be there yet.)

About the islands on the Town Map (I'm talking about FRLG btw; I know they don't show up in Emerald), now that I think about it, I think I tried using those codes before I'd gotten to the Sevii Islands, so since the Town Map pages themselves weren't supposed to appear yet, that might be why they didn't appear. (After using the Town Map on Navel Rock, I think the page appeared without Navel Rock showing up, then after I tried switching the map to Kanto, I couldn't switch back to the Sevii Islands because those pages aren't supposed to be there yet.)

Yeah, I'd say that's probably why. Although these Island codes are the only times I've ever used a cheating device on a Pokemon game, I was pretty picky about only trying them after I'd obtained pretty much everything and finished all the "quests" in the game so as not to interfere with anything.

After using these codes on my Emerald cart, I legitimately transferred an Eon Ticket from my Ruby game by mixing records with it, and that worked successfully (the pamphlet that comes with the Eon Ticket E-reader card warns that the transfer may not work "if you or your friend have a modified save", so I assume the AR didn't do anything untoward with my game, lol.

Since these codes do cause the islands to appear on the town map, I'd say these codes are pretty close (if not exactly) to replicating what your cart would be after getting the event legitimately and trashing the Wonder Card. I can't even get into the Mystery Gift section on my games, because it always tells me the wireless adapter isn't connected.

• 1 month later...

There is a guy in my country that uploaded his personal codes to enable Aurora, Mystic and Old Map in FR/LG/E (old map in Emerald only), I got them, they are split into 2 parts each because the codes are huge, you load the first part, save, load the second, save and check, the only problem is, they are in Latin American spanish, the codes had both Wonder Card and the actual gift as if it were "legit" (except for the language thing) I asked if he could share the source to no avail.

If someone wants to work on them just tell me and I will put the codes in case anyone can "reverse engineer" them.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a guy in my country that uploaded his personal codes to enable Aurora, Mystic and Old Map in FR/LG/E (old map in Emerald only), I got them, they are split into 2 parts each because the codes are huge, you load the first part, save, load the second, save and check, the only problem is, they are in Latin American spanish, the codes had both Wonder Card and the actual gift as if it were "legit" (except for the language thing) I asked if he could share the source to no avail.

If someone wants to work on them just tell me and I will put the codes in case anyone can "reverse engineer" them.

Are these codes for GameShark SP (CodeBreaker Advance)?

If so, could you please PM me them?

• 4 months later...