Mirage Island activation

Zowayix

I've looked in several different places, and most of them have many different answers to this question:

What causes Mirage Island to appear?

All websites I've found say that Mirage Island generates a random number between 0 and 65535, but there are inconsistencies between what this number has to match.

I've seen:

- It has to match Trainer ID

- It has to match Secret ID

- It has to match PID

- It has to match the first half of PID

- It has to match the second half of PID

The first two would mean that you have to trade a LOT to get the best chances of finding Mirage Island.

The third one doesn't really make sense, since only 1 in 65536 pokemon would be able to activate it.

The last two probably make the most sense, but which one is it?

I've never found a definite answer to this for years.

• 2 weeks later...

That is true. You do have to have a Pokemon that matches the everyday generated number. The secret id is not necessary, the first and second half (that means the whole PID) for this i am not sure. I have been to the island. Once only. Knowing that i have more than 1400 minutes of game-play in Hoenn. The chances are quite slim, and nearly impossible. You have a better chance of finding a shiny or two.

My tip is to have different ID's of you pokemon, and make every trade in=game and others if you have.

omg, i was following 2 guides when i went through emerald and neither of them mentioned this, i guess its hidden to make those berries rare. i might go through it again and try to find this place.

• 4 weeks later...
i havnt played the GBA pokemon games a lot latel but i have never been to mirage island

i think i'm just unlucky becaus i have played over 250 hours on saphire, over 40 hours on ruby and over 30 hours on emerald :P i know i have a lot of free time

This is nothing compared to my Sapphire's 890, Ruby's 130 and Emerald's over 560 hours.

well man really mirage island doesn´t rocks at all

Mirage island gives you the Liechy berry. One of the event berry.

The others being - Ganlon berry, Salac berry, Petaya berry, Apicot berry, Lansat berry and Starf berry.

• 2 months later...

I have never had any luck with finding Mirage Island, and I've tried every trick in the book, and I've played Pokémon Ruby for almost 370 hours (Yes, I know, I play too much, but I've had the game for 5 years nearly), so yeah, you'd have a better chance of finding a shiny.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well i guess im very very lucky! i've been to mirage island five times! all on the same game (Sapphire) i have 780 hours on the game! (of the course of 3 years!):smile:

I have 3 shiny pokemon i've found in that game one of them i found on mirage island! :) i think it was lv:50, i haven't play it in 3 months! :\

well i guess im very very lucky! i've been to mirage island five times! all on the same game (Sapphire) i have 780 hours on the game! (of the course of 3 years!):smile:

I have 3 shiny pokemon i've found in that game one of them i found on mirage island! :) i think it was lv:50, i haven't play it in 3 months! :\

Most impressive. I one that has around 80 hours more have been there only once when i cheated a pokemon with specific id, secret id and date code change so that it would appear.

As it seems, all you needs is luck and a collection of pokemon from different IDs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...