Metroid Prime Trilogy

Ziz

Metroid™ Prime 3: Corruption set a new standard for first-person motion controls in video games. Now it's bringing those controls to the rest of the celebrated series, allowing players to experience the entire Metroid Prime story arc with the peerless precision of the Wii Remote. Nintendo announces Metroid Prime Trilogy, a new premium three-game collection for the Wii console that bundles all three landmark Metroid Prime games onto one disc and revamps the first two installments with intuitive Wii Remote controls, wide-screen presentation and other enhancements. Metroid Prime Trilogy will be available exclusively for Wii on Aug. 24 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Each game maintains its original storyline and settings, but now Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes let players use their Wii Remote to aim with precision as heroine Samus Aran. Based on the breakthrough control system that debuted in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, these new Wii controls bring an entirely new level of immersion and freedom to these milestone games.

^.^

Dang...I buy Metroid™ Prime 3: Corruption and see this...oh well, I want it none the less. I've never played Prime and Prime 2: Echoes before, but Prime 3: Corruption was simply amazing. I can't wait to get a chance to play all three on my Wii (Motion Controls + First-Person Shooter + Great Graphics + Metroid = WIN).

So what are your thoughts on the upcoming new Prime bundle?

Releases -

Japan: TBA 2009

United States: August 24, 2009

PAL: September 4, 2009

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/7y8SXfbq4nlR_ZO15BY3yHdKL7erLAnk#overview <- Official Game Information and Images

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982 <- Pre-order your copy of Metroid™ Prime Trilogy at Gamestop and receive an exclusive Metroid™ Prime Trilogy T-Shirt and Poster!

I've played them all and I intend on buying it.

The Metroid series has always been one of my favorites and I can't wait to play the first two with the wii controls in widescreen.

Prime 1 had an AWESOME story and is definitely classic Metroid.

Prime 2 had a really creepy story and set things in motion for 3.

I recommend it, definitely.

I've played them all and I intend on buying it.

The Metroid series has always been one of my favorites and I can't wait to play the first two with the wii controls in widescreen.

Prime 1 had an AWESOME story and is definitely classic Metroid.

Prime 2 had a really creepy story and set things in motion for 3.

I recommend it, definitely.

I spend $40 for a used Prime 3: Corruption, then all of a sudden $50 for the whole Trilogy...*sob*

I first started the Metroid series with Metroid Fusion, and I just completed it 100% a few weeks ago. Luckily, Prime 3 gave you Map Markers at the Chozo Observatory for every area except the GFS Valhalla, so that helped me get the last 20% that I didn't get the first time. I can't wait to play the games that lead up to the pwnful Prime 3: Corruption. How'd you start with the Metroid series btw?

---

Egad my posts look bland and boring without an avatar and a signature...sux.

I started with Metroid... on the NES. :)

Fusion is the only Metroid game I haven't completed, and I'm pretty close to the end now. Can't beat that dang SA-X...

He's easy!

SA-X -

First, make sure you charge up your beam fully before activating SA-X. After the room shakes, activating it, fall onto the first platform from the left and wait for SA-X to come. When it does, shoot it, and charge up your beam while you run and drop to the ground floor. When he comes to shoot the crap outta you(have your beam fully charged)shoot him(not while its in green somersault of course)and screw to the other side of him while charging up your beam. Repeat this until it kneels and starts to transform into a creepy thing.

Creepy Monster With Too Many Eyes -

Before SA-X gets a chance to transform into the monster completely, charge up your beam while screwing onto the platform where you had to go to activate SA-X. Tilt your charged beam down diagonally. When it makes a sound, wait for like a second and shoot. After that, the monster will keep jumping at you from beneath but it will never reach you. Fire charge shots at it when you can see its face(About 1 second after it makes a sound, jump, aim down, and shoot). After shooting it enough it will start to make a Geeuhhhh noise(Like it died, different noise from its usual cry)and it will transform into a blue Core-X. Jump down as soon as you hear repetitive cry sounds or the dead sound.

Crazy Core-X -

For this one, you have to use your missiles of course. Run to the entrance of the room and ready your missile, when the Core-X moves toward you and opens its eye to shoot, shoot it with your missile and IMMEDIATELY screw to the other side of it(If you don't you will get shot). Repeat(Kinda like SA-X but easier and with missiles).

Wow...sorry if any of this is confusing, kinda hard to explain, just PM me if you don't understand something.

Edited by Ziz

I'm still playing Fusion as well, haven't gotten too far, just entered Sector 2 for the first time...

As for the trilogy, I may buy it, just for aesthetics because I liked the feel that the Wiimote brought to the series. I still have all three in their original mediums, beat Prime 3 100% for Normal and Veteran, working on Hypermode currently, holding off on Metroid Prime and the Emperor Ing until I can find a straightforward guide on the few pickups (less than 5 each) that I'm missing.

I started with three because I couldn't find any other in the Metroid series (locally, as a whole) and my friend would not shut up until I got one.

My experience of the storyline didn't suffer because of that because as I've seen, read, and been told countless times by my same friend, the games are not released in chronological order... (Zero Mission/Original Metroid are first, then the Primes, afterwards it's Super Metroid, and Fusion is the last [so far])

Can't wait for Other M...

I've played all Metroid games. Except for Prime 2.

I never had the funds, then once I did, couldn't find it :(

Anyway, I'm buying this.

Played through Prime and Prime 3 at least 10 times and 5 times respectively. :D

One more couldn't hurt :D :D :D

I've played all Metroid games. Except for Prime 2.

I never had the funds, then once I did, couldn't find it :(

Anyway, I'm buying this.

Played through Prime and Prime 3 at least 10 times and 5 times respectively. :D

One more couldn't hurt :D :D :D

xD I played through Prime 3 once...I HAD to get all the items so I didn't save and got all the items...and beat Dark Samus and the Aurora Unit 313 again. I wonder whose ship that is in the bonus ending...hmm...what a mystery.

I've only played Metroid Prime: Hunters, it seems like a cool series. Although I'm not really into space games.

Its not really a space series. The Prime series is a first-person shooter series with puzzles, bosses, etc. Its extremely fun. It just happens to take place in space...ships, planets, all that stuff.

Naru-chu, thanks for the tips ;)

Because of your tips for the second two parts, I was able to beat it easily :)

Now it's time to play through Zero Mission again before the Prime Trilogy comes out.

No problem :) Good luck :D

The Prime series is more a series of First-Person Adventure games than First-Person Shooters. They really stuck with the feel of Metroid, with the focus being on exploration and action. The control scheme (for the GC games) was designed so that in a battle, you were more focused on finding cover and timing your shots rather than using the joysticks to slowly line up a shot (a la Halo, or any other console shooter). And this control scheme was only enhanced by the beautiful accuracy of the WiiMote.

If you're even slightly interested, I'd recommend giving it a try. It's really not what you'd expect.

PLUS, it's three amazing games for $50. Can't beat that, really.

I never finished Prime. Too many puzzles for my liking, and i was stuck at this certain part. It was only the 2nd planet:biggrin:

Let's put it at this i suck at...... certain puzzles.

Wait, which prime are you talking about? (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is the only one with multiple planets)

If you tell me what you're stuck with, I could tell you what to do...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Sorry for the bump, but I've gotta say: I got this for Christmas and it's awesome. It's great. Fun. Epic in every way. Did I actually say I didn't care to own this game? I was so young and foolish.
FPS isn't my favorite genre, and Metroid isn't my favorite series. I don't think I'll be buying this; instead, I'll wait for Other M.

Yes, you did... There's your post... :)

The Prime series is more a series of First-Person Adventure games than First-Person Shooters. They really stuck with the feel of Metroid, with the focus being on exploration and action. The control scheme (for the GC games) was designed so that in a battle, you were more focused on finding cover and timing your shots rather than using the joysticks to slowly line up a shot (a la Halo, or any other console shooter). And this control scheme was only enhanced by the beautiful accuracy of the WiiMote.

If you're even slightly interested, I'd recommend giving it a try. It's really not what you'd expect.

PLUS, it's three amazing games for $50. Can't beat that, really.

Guested was right, wasn't he?... :)

Did I actually say I didn't care to own this game? I was so young and foolish.

Man, how some people age in half a year...