Migrating Pokemon not working

Ok. I have legit copies of heart gold and ruby. I've migrated on my heart gold from my fire red but when I try to migrate ruby to hg, my ruby game deletes itself. I lost my strongest team that i trained by myself ever and countless other games. Can someone help me figure this out. I don't really want to try anything in fear that id have to start over again

They sometimes unwrap the real ones edit the games and rewrap them before they are sold again. Do you know if it was bought at a pawn shop or a retail store or online? If it was retail chances are extremely low but that does happen. If it was a pawn shop it is most likely a fake. Sounds like someone edited the file and then returned it to the store so it cpuld be wrapped and resold again to me.:)

^^^^ Spoken like someone who has no clue about bootlegging.

As others have said, you probably have a bootleg. People often mix up bootlegs with fan-made hack games and assume any bootlegged Pokemon game is one of those. What it often means is that a bootlegger somewhere in Asia or Africa produced a game cart with the actual Pokemon game on it. For the most part, it should function just fine within (in your case) a GBA or DS GBA slot just like a normal game.

The main exceptions are in terms of interacting with other games and lifespan of the cart. Bootlegged games have varying degrees of success of being able to battle/trade or transfer from 3->4, but most of them won't be able to at all.

Also the carts tend to wear out as yours seems to be doing now.

The only 100% surefire way to never get a bootlegged Pokemon game is to purchase it yourself from traditional retailers, preferably at their physical retail store. Do not assume that just because it is a big chain, it wouldn't have bootlegged games. I've purchased bootlegged vinyl records from major chains before and have found bootlegged GBA Pokemon games at pawn shops and Game Stop's used games section. At least with major retailers, you'll be able to return for a refund.

My guess is that your non-gaming parent or aunt or whatever went to a Gamestop and purchased a used copy because it was $5-10 less than the new and that's how you got a bootleg. Since it has probably been several years since purchasing it, you have no real chance of returning it.

You can probably do a Google search to verify this. I believe GameFAQs has guides in their GBA section on how to detect bootleggs, and I'm sure other sites do too.

To add to this The questions I asked are to see where you got your game is coomon asked questions that most people would ask. For example most people on Pokebeach would ask you the same questions I asked. One of those questions is Where did you buy the game? and the other is Who bought it for you and where? I was asking those questions so I could determine if it was a fake or if it was a glitched game. Some glitched games would have this problem as well but chances are randomspot555 is right it could be a bootleg fake. Anyway the best thing you can do if you want a working Ruby is order a new one from Amazon.com They have working GBA games that actually work. They are the best online store if you want good quality items.:)

If you decide to order from Amazon do check the sellers background first. We order from Amazon and we don't have any problems because we usually check that first. Ebay is a lot worse than amazon by a long shot though that is why I suggested Amazon. Also you may want to check Game Stop if you live in the U.S.:)

If you don't have a pic what is the Pokemon on the cartridge? It should be a Groundon xD.:)

facepalm.gif

If it has a Groudon on the cartridge, then that means it's definitely a bootleg.

It is supposed to be a Groundon for Ruby and Kyogre for Sapphire. If it is not Groundon then what Pokemon is supposed to be there? Let me check this out and edit my post. Hold on xD.:) Last I checked it was Groundon since Emwrald was Rayquaza.:)

EDIT: I just checked. It is Groundon on the box. They don't show the cartridge itself though but the cartridge itself should be the red color on the box and say Pokemon Ruby version. We need a pic to determine though. Thanks anyway guys.:)

EDIT 2: I found pics of the cartridge but I cannot image them here right now because I am using my 3DS. The carteidge should be Ruby Red and it should have "Pokemon" "Ruby Version" in it normall letter head colors. If it is not that it is a fake xD.:)