Lugia modification problem.

apollo

Hello, I recently found this post in a thread on modding Pokemon in Black & White.

I am currently using it to attempt to modify a Lugia into a "Shadow Lugia" in Pokemon Volt White 2. The problem is this. I need to make the eye, or at least the area surrounding the eyes red. Since Lugia has a red tongue, and since the tutor mentioned that you can only modify a Pokemon with the colors it already has available, I figured this would be simple.

Unfortunately, every time I use PuyoTools to decompress, and re-import the file into CrystalTile2. An error message pops up saying this.

Am I doing something wrong when I decompress the file? Help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know I could've posted in that thread, forgive me, but it seems to have been 'dead' for about a year, hence why I posted in the forum.

Edited by apollo
Added imformation.

just modify the palette with something like tinke

could totally just edit with hex (palettes are pretty simple)

Lol, it's just... Tinke gets on my nerves... there aren't any tutorials I've looked for that have any benefit to me, but alas...

I don't know how to "edit with hex"

Edited by apollo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I just spent all last night doing this, and happened upon this today. I only started editing my Black 2 rom last night and dont have much experience doing it. But i was making a shadow lugia aswell, and doing it through the method you found aswell, but my rom didnt like it and kept crashing. so i did it with the Kazowars tools i think they are called. I edited the Static image and it works fine ingame on the lugia that doesnt move, but even with this one loaded fine aswell with the eye done, the animated lugia doesnt have it.

If you still havnt gotten it yet, i can atleast let you know how i did mine if you want.

I did the edit in a/0/0/4 at 4982 for this image, which i think this is the one for the animated front sprite. i did not need to do the back as it didnt show the eye. The edit saved, i checked the file after saving the rom, and the static image is edited just fine, its just the animated one.

If this is the wrong file for my edit do you know where the right one is?

>The edit saved, i checked the file after saving the rom, and the static image is edited just fine, its just the animated one.

Not sure what you mean by that. If both edits stuck, then you should have no problem. You can always export the original palette and search it's hex to see if any other file is overriding. If you replaced the right files, you shouldn't have any issue. Check to see if the edits stayed with tinke.

If you look at this image you will see what i mean. The top is a static image of lugia that doesnt animate, and the red eye edit works fine, while the bottom is the animated image of lugia, yet it has no red eye.

I checked through all of lugia's sprites and i know that 4982 should be the one for its animated sprite, and i did recheck my narc file to make sure both my edits stuck, and they did. I already have the palette edited, what im trying to do is change the color of the pixels around the eye, which im starting to think you cant edit the animated sprites that way.