Ciro's Pokemon Maker: Anyone here familiar with it?

celltf

I know. I just wanted to find out first if anyone here was even familiar with Ciro's Pokemon Maker. Here's the problem I'm having. I have been able to create some Pokemon, but it's also creating some "Bad Eggs". I have no idea why. This is the process I've been going through. It gives you 4 options for the code you want to create (VBA, CBA, GSA and ARv3). I'm using a Gameshark SP (looks like this), but since the GSA code lines are 16 instead of 12 (Gameshark SP lines are only 12 characters long), I've been using the CBA code. What I've been doing then is using AR Crypt to make the code compatible with the Master Code I'm using for Fire Red (which I got off GSCentral). I've also been using AR Crypt for the Anti DMA code you apparently have to use with these codes for them to work with Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald. Now, it doesn't always work the 1st time I turn on the codes for some reason, so I've had to try them a few times before they finally work. I have been able to create all the Pokemon I've wanted to so far though. The problem though is that, in addition to making the Pokemon I want, the codes are also making "Bad Eggs" for some reason. I've been making the codes to put the Pokemon in PC Box 2 Slot 1, but for some reason a Bad Egg appears in PC Box 1 Slot 30 too.

I know it took a while for me to get to my problem, but I wanted to try and explain the process I've been going through to get where I am in case there's a problem in my process.

According to what you're describing, it may be that the write address is incorrect. Do you have access to your save file? If so just use a-save to add your pokemon directly to your game. If not post the codes (in spoilers, so not to cause unnecessary scrolling) I may be able to help you out. I just want to make sure I understand whats happening, the codes you are using are giving you the pokemon and creating a bad egg?

Do you have access to your save file?

I wish. I don't know how I could though other than using a flash cart which are hard to find for GBA games from what I can tell.

I just want to make sure I understand whats happening, the codes you are using are giving you the pokemon and creating a bad egg?

Yes it's creating both a Pokemon AND a Bad Egg.

Here's the CBA code I used for an Alakazam:

52029C78 0028

C4D783F3 B27F

93A7BBC6 BBC5

BBD4BBC7 FFFF

0202BDDC D5E6

E0DDD900 8728

000076F0 1576

8957EF6B 76A8

105412A8 4D54

71A81854 62B1

1F5B37A8 D854

F1A81054 89EE

105470A8 10A8

8AA81054 76A8

10540000 0000

You also have to use an Anti DMA code for Fire Red for the code to work. Here's the Anti DMA code I'm using:

20AAA133 853F98EB

What I've been doing is using AR Crypt to convert the codes to their RAW form and then converting them to Gameshark SP codes using the Master Code I've been using provided by GSCentral.

Do you have a ds lite or phat? Basically any ds with a gba slot if so, and you have a ds flash cart, you can use http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves to get your save.

Because ...

Nevermind, next to where you select the pokemon location fill in that check box, and use the master code it gives you

*tries it using the master code provided by the program*

Well *enter colorful word here* me! You were right Delta. I guess it was the Master Code or Master Code/encrypted code combination I was using that wasn't working properly. I tried just using the Master Code provided by the program along with the unmodified code provided by the program and it worked fine. I feel stupid now. Thank you for the help.

Back to that program you mentioned: Does that basically make a DS flash cart function as a GBA flash cart too so you can back up your save files and ROMs on it?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after I've entered in the codes for Emerald and try to access my PC (to make sure it worked and the Pokemon I created is in my PC), my screen goes black and I can't do anything. I can hear the music playing in the background, but I can't see or do anything. Here are the codes I'm trying to use for a Charmander:

Master Code:

00006FA7 000A

1006F5CC 0007

83005D80 61A6

83005D82 0A35

Pokemon Code:

5202A16C 0028

B73E807A B27F

CAA6BDC2 BBCC

C7BBC8BE BFCC

0202BDC2 BBCC

C6C3BF00 A8AC

00001941 4A3A

F9414ADC 0541

4ADC7B41 82DC

E841EEDC 004E

45D60541 CFFD

DABEA5E3 0541

4ADC0141 82DC

82414ADC FA07

4ADC0000 0000

My best guess is that your device doesn't recognize the code, because code type 5 is not listed on http://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_gba.html, I can only assume as to its function, if your feeling brave you can try to break the code into usable pieces, i'll start it so you can get an idea how to do it. It might be a little time consuming but the code should work

Basicially you just split the code into 2 byte chunks starting with the second line and tack on a type 8 code with the address.

8202a16c b73e
8202a16e 807a
8202a170 827f
8202a172 caa6

and so on until you get to 4adc on the last line, at that point you can stop because the two 0000 chunks are just padding.