PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Hey can anyone help me with the mac version of ppre beta 0.05. I have python 2.6 like it says and downloaded the file. I get a folder name PPRE.tar and it has 27 files and I have tried opening each of them and nothing has poped up except the terminal.

Please Help me get PPRE SCV!

Its possible but difficult. There are generic names: C01, C01GYM, C01PC, R201, etc

We can use those to come up with real names by mapping them to the names of locations.

We can map C01 with Jubilife, so C01PC would be named Jubilife Pokemon Center.

But the reason there already is not a list by map values is that most places don't need names. For example, the many houses through out the region.

Well, when you first enter an area (one that does have a name anyway), the name pops up in one of those little boxes in the upper left corner of the screen, right? So there must be something in the ROM linking that name to the area. Maybe it doesn't work the way I think it does, but it seems to me there would be a way to pull those out.

Hey can anyone help me with the mac version of ppre beta 0.05. I have python 2.6 like it says and downloaded the file. I get a folder name PPRE.tar and it has 27 files and I have tried opening each of them and nothing has poped up except the terminal.

Please Help me get PPRE SCV!

Oh, I forgot to mention that you also need pyqt. http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download

I have never used a mac, but on Linux most popular distributions have a software repositories where we can get things like PyQt (as well as its dependencies, such as Qt 4 and SIP).

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

SCV, I take back what I said earlier, you are right, some or most areas do indeed work fine.

Also, you are a God! - I've just easily managed to receive (after you gave me the idea) all Poketch apps when receiving the Poketch itself, I've also got the Looker giving me the Vs. Recorder as well as a Gracidea!

Unlimited new possibilities on the horizon...

:grog:

Well, when you first enter an area (one that does have a name anyway), the name pops up in one of those little boxes in the upper left corner of the screen, right? So there must be something in the ROM linking that name to the area. Maybe it doesn't work the way I think it does, but it seems to me there would be a way to pull those out.

Well it only happens in some places. Not all. Like not when you go into a some houses. But we need to be able to name all 500+ maps. Yes, there is something the game does to name some of those places, but since it doesn't name all places, I am trying to avoid their way.

But we need to be able to name all 500+ maps. Yes, there is something the game does to name some of those places, but since it doesn't name all places, I am trying to avoid their way.

Well, some of the cave maps can be named by the floor (B1, F1, etc.), but some places will be a bit trickier than that (Turnback Cave comes to mind, as do the Solaceon Ruins). And the little houses will be tricky too, at that.

I still think most of the names for the named places can still be used.

Hi, all. I updated PPRE with some bug fixes. Scripts should now work perfectly after making no changes.

PPRE beta 0.06 (includes loadingNOW's thenewpoketext with platinum support)

(go to: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...&postcount=112 for more information.)

Mac/Linux:

PPRE beta 0.06

thenewpoketext (updated with platinum support)

P.S. that means brand new scripts should work fine.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I copied and pasted the filename of the ROM I was trying to edit (which is in the same directory as PPRE), and hit Set Rom. But I cannot edit the event scripts by clicking on Maps, or any button for that matter. The error log says "IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon Platinum/root/fielddata/script/scr_seq.narc'".

What's the deal?

EDIT: It seems to work for Pearl. Maybe it's because Platinum was trimmed? I will have to try an untrimmed dump.

sorry, am I able to use the 'pokemon' part of the PPRE, because that does not seem to keep anychanges I make either?..., I could not find anything to do with saving in that post by the way, only the part where you say it compiles the script?

I said this in the post: "Only the script edit function of the Map Editing works for now. More features will be made functional soon. "

That means the pokemon edit parts are not functional. They are loaded but changes cannot be written.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I copied and pasted the filename of the ROM I was trying to edit (which is in the same directory as PPRE), and hit Set Rom. But I cannot edit the event scripts by clicking on Maps, or any button for that matter. The error log says "IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon Platinum/root/fielddata/script/scr_seq.narc'".

What's the deal?

EDIT: It seems to work for Pearl. Maybe it's because Platinum was trimmed? I will have to try an untrimmed dump.

If at first you did not enter the name with .nds then erase the directory that was made. Then try again. i.e., enter Pokemon Platinum.nds Also maybe the space is a problem.

sorry... It's just i assumed that if they were not functioning that that may have been made clearer by perhaps not allowing a user to actually go onto it?...

Well I wanted to allow people to get a preview of the other features. Also, I expect people to read and follow directions.

Edited by SCV

Thanks for the fix! Although it still says "0.05" :tongue:

edit: Still having problems with map 415 (hero's second floor)

Tried to replace scr_2, which looks like this:

===scr_2

Lockall

Setvar 0x40f9 0x1

Message 0x0

Soundfr 0x482

Message 0x1

Fadedef

Closemsgonkeypress

Restart

Releaseall

End

with this:

===scr_2

Lockall

Setvar 0x40f9 0x1

Message 0x0

Soundfr 0x481

Message 0x1

ActMisteryGift

GiveRShoes

Setvar 0x8004 0x1c2

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1af

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1bd

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1bb

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1c4

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1c5

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1c6

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1c7

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1d2

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1d3

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1ac

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1b5

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Setvar 0x8004 0x1b9

Setvar 0x8005 0x1

Callstd 0x7fc

Fadedef

Closemsgonkeypress

Restart

Releaseall

End

The following problems occured:

* In PPRE, now when scrolling to map 415 it doesn't actually show the scripts of this map anymore, but of the one map last viewed. So i can edit this map once and then never find it again (doesn't effect the actual in-game experience)

* In-game: AFTER this script (having received all the items etc.) when going one step when the Rival should arrive from the steps, the rival's sprite loads but gets stuck, looks around a bit, the game doesn't crash, but the newly loaded script stucks the game.

I've tried this multiple times, ONE time - for whatever reason - it worked, but when i was in Twinleaf Town, the game crashed when visiting the rival's house or when trying to go to Rt. 201. This is really weird.

Also, I'm getting a hell lot of this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 1495, in updateMapData

File "scripts.pyc", line 58, in __init__

File "scripts.pyc", line 270, in peekScript

File "scripts.pyc", line 788, in readUInt16

IndexError: list index out of range

Edited by JePP

I know what the problem is. Let me try to fix it.

For the crashing at other places, it might have to do with flags not being set when you give new items.

EDIT: Made a fix, redownload.

EDIT: JePP, just tested your edited scr_2 and went up to choosing the starter. No errors.

Anyone on this thread a mac user? The files you gave me SCV don't really do anything. What was the pyqt suppose to do exactly and the ppre beta 6.tar.gz just gives me a huge folder full of files that i have no idea how to use. :confused::frown:

You have to install PyQt using the instructions on the PyQt website. This is because ppre.pyw uses PyQt modules which need to have been installed. There is something called py2app which someone can try to use to make an app like I made an exe. Unfortunately I don't have a mac, so I cannot do it.

Try reading this: http://kdl.nobugware.com/post/2008/06/05/PyQt-4-on-Mac-Os-X/

http://phanatic.hu/archives/2007/11/building-qt-4-and-pyqt-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

or

http://aralbalkan.com/1675 (Even if you won't be trying to use py2app)

You have to install PyQt using the instructions on the PyQt website. This is because ppre.pyw uses PyQt modules which need to have been installed. There is something called py2app which someone can try to use to make an app like I made an exe. Unfortunately I don't have a mac, so I cannot do it.

Try reading this: http://kdl.nobugware.com/post/2008/06/05/PyQt-4-on-Mac-Os-X/

http://phanatic.hu/archives/2007/11/building-qt-4-and-pyqt-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

or

http://aralbalkan.com/1675 (Even if you won't be trying to use py2app)

What the freaking crap? This is not simple and easy at all. Thank you SCV, but PPRE is just too complicated.

What the freaking crap? This is not simple and easy at all. Thank you SCV, but PPRE is just too complicated.

Yeah, I never promised simple and easy. Actually I explicitly said, this is beta software the main purpose at this point is to figure out how things work exactly. Eventually there will be something easier. The reason I am releasing right now, instead of having a private beta is that there might be people who are skilled enough to understand things at this point that I don't know about and I don't want to prevent them from advancing.

Yeah, I never promised simple and easy. Actually I explicitly said, this is beta software the main purpose at this point is to figure out how things work exactly. Eventually there will be something easier. The reason I am releasing right now, instead of having a private beta is that there might be people who are skilled enough to understand things at this point that I don't know about and I don't want to prevent them from advancing.

Whatever, ill go use a windows computer and see if i like the program. Thanks anyway for the... well i guess you could call it help even though i'm not smart enough to use it. Thanks SCV.

Ah ok.

It must still be in development then.

Ok, can't wait for it to be finished, thanks pichu2001 ^^

EDIT: Come to think of it, i can't save anything that i edit, maybe i have a faulty version? Doubt it though, i bet its just me >.<

If you read the instructions, it says the only thing you can save are scripts and tells you how to do it.