PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

The download link for PPRE is not currently working and hasn't been for the last few days. Would t be possible for anyone to tell me when it will be reposted or whether anyone is able to reupload and post the download lnik. Thank you.

You can download my mine on my box.net account, mirror link : http://www.box.net/shared/gfh5jikvdu (active share file until link is working), is latest version of PPRE 0.14b Windows verison.

You need 7z from : www.7-zip.org .......

Why link don't work?

PP.net was under maintenance on sunday - Wednesday, all password account was reset. . . .

You can download my mine on my box.net account, mirror link : http://www.box.net/shared/gfh5jikvdu (active share file until link is working), is latest version of PPRE 0.14b Windows verison.

You need 7z from : www.7-zip.org .......

PP.net was under maintenance on sunday - Wednesday, all password account was reset. . . .

Thank you so much. I have been trying to get this for ages.

Thank you so much for making this ROM Editor! I can finally start making that Pearl/XD game my friend requested. It is going to be a Edited Pearl with several parts of the xD Gameplay in it, like Double Battles only, no wild PokEmon, and if I knew how to add PokEmon and Moves, Shadow PokEmon. If you can make something to add PokEmon and Moves, that would be great. I do not understand how the Gender Threshold works, though. Can anybody please explain that to me?

I take it this is dead? What a shame.

@Ianpieps: Each Pokemon has a gender ratio, like male 30% female 70%. The gender threshold is the point at which the random gender value (0-255 or 1-255, can't remember) switches from generating a male to generating a female, which in the above example would be somewhere around 76 or 77.

Um, I'm kinda new to this, but when I try to run any of the exe files in the PPRE folder, this message appears:

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Help?

run ppre.exe, another exe please don't run these files. because is support program for PPRE, is a Command Line program, is working on my old computer (win XP sp3 - ols spec) and new one (win 7 sp 1 - modern spec).

yeah is using QT framework, is always working without net.framework so is working on all windows version.

um...this is GREAT and now is when i get to see it lol...a little suggestion if no ones said before, adding a tutor move editor and the pokemon who learn each move might be useful, this way to make some pokemon learn another moves aside from the 22 that almost all get from their levels and also to help and avoid having to edit egg moves or HM to get the desireable moves. For a clearer idea what i mean is making Each of the tutors (or just one of them) be able to teach your pokemon more moves available to then they dont normally have and etc :)

PS: Just in case you don´t add this feature can someone tell me where to locate the tutors narc to modify them?

PS: Just in case you don´t add this feature can someone tell me where to locate the tutors narc to modify them?

Won't be added any time soon because there is no tutor moves narc. The moves are hardcoded into the ARM and Overlay binaries. (Don't ask for offsets because there are many and different levels of decompression associated). The same thing applies to Egg moves and the actual values of TM/HMs (However the data for which Pokemon learns a TM/HM is known).

Won't be added any time soon because there is no tutor moves narc. The moves are hardcoded into the ARM and Overlay binaries. (Don't ask for offsets because there are many and different levels of decompression associated). The same thing applies to Egg moves and the actual values of TM/HMs (However the data for which Pokemon learns a TM/HM is known).

I'll say this, though: editing of what moves go into what TMs isn't as bad as looking for the other information, since you can just decompress them one-by-one and search for 08 01 51 01 60 01 5B 01 2E 00 5C 00 02 01 53 01 4B 01 ED 00 and so on. Unless you are referring to editing the bag menu GUI for the TMs, in which case I have no idea... but that's not necessary. The color of the TM CDs won't change, but the rest will.

got it, but i was really interested in this to add some new learneable moves for many pokemon but thank you anyway guys, so i guess ill have to wait or research a bit more the codes and everything else and check if anyone has info about this for fith gen then since it wont be possible to make it in 4th gen then !

Alright, I took a long break from hacking.... my laptop got a virus, and now I had to download everything again and I feel like a complete noob at this. I have a small problem. I used PPRE for SoulSilver and decided to edit the trainer's Pokemon & I also changed a few Pokemon's method of evolution, level of evolution, & what moves it can learn via level up. So i reinserted the a/0/5/5 & a/0/5/6 narc files but the only thing that changed was the trainer's Pokemon. The level of evolution/method of evolution is still the same. How do get those changes implemented to the rom??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about editing the wild pokemon on PPRE. I notice that "swarm" pokemon and "day" pokemon take up the same tabs. My hack won't be using any type of swarm pokemon. Can I just replace the swarm pokemon with a pokemon I want in the day? Or do I have to edit a script to remove the swarm event so I can use up the tabs for day pokemon?

Oh! Also, how can I determine/change abilities for trainer pokemon?

I also have a question.

What are the current functional capabilities of PPRE?

I had done a lot of digging previously, but I can only vaguely remember some stuff.

Am I correct in that Pokemon and move modifying (Power, Accuracy, PP, etc.) are not implemented?

It's either 1 of the 2 doesn't work, or both don't.

Oh, and if either don't work, can anyone suggest alternative tools? I'm hacking HGSS, if that helps.