PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Is it true that Trainer Introduction, Defeated & Won texts cannot be edited yet?

Well, at least, they aren't visible for me (Platinum US).

Edit:

Question 2. Some maps are quite buggy and cannot yet be edited, like Eterna City T.G. Eterna Bldg-04.

Is that true? Everything I'm trying to save there, doesn't work.

Edited by Oxnite

why isn't this available to be downloaded

or if it is can someone tell me how to get it

You can download it on the very first post of this thread. Just click on the Windows Beta release if you are using Windows.

Will this Tool be updated so that it can Hack Pokémon HG/SS?

Thanks.

PPRE has been updated to hack HGSS for months now (Japanese HGSS). The US HGSS can be hacked as well since last week.

Is it true that Trainer Introduction, Defeated & Won texts cannot be edited yet?

Well, at least, they aren't visible for me (Platinum US).

Question 2. Some maps are quite buggy and cannot yet be edited, like Eterna City T.G. Eterna Bldg-04.

Is that true? Everything I'm trying to save there, doesn't work.

Question 1: They cannot be edited yet, I ended up leaving the spaces blank. Those will come in a future release.

Question 2: Those buggy maps have script errors. Any map with a script error so far automatically crashes that map. (You shouldn't try to save on those maps). I've already built a new error handling system which will be implemented next release.

I hope you're able to get the level-up moves worked on, since the only resource for easily editing that information that i've been able to track down (via an old archive) is PMEDS by U-Trogh... which only works with DP. Hence, it is totally incompatible - unlike a lot of the other DP editing programs that I've been able to make use of, due to nature of the information (attacks, for instance, were easily dealt with on a Diamond rom and reinserted into HG with no issues). Since Platinum/HG/SS are still so new and there isn't much work being done to them, it's hard to find help in editing this specific portion of the rom.

I've been using PPRE for all the large database changes so far, but if you do know of a small tool or guide for editing this in particular, I'd be more than able ot edit it separately and reinsert it later with Nitro Explorer. Level-up moves, though, are a fairly large undertaking compared to just attacks or evolutions, since there are so many attacks per pokemon!

Question 2: Those buggy maps have script errors. Any map with a script error so far automatically crashes that map. (You shouldn't try to save on those maps). I've already built a new error handling system which will be implemented next release.

That's great! Will I be able to edit the text + overworld sprites of that (currently crashing) map, then?

I would like to make a small request of this. Although this is very cool, i only have a GBA emulator so i was wondering if you could make a ROM editor for 3rd gen games (i.e. fire red, leaf green, emerald, sapphire, and ruby) i would appreciate that.

I would like to make a small request of this. Although this is very cool, i only have a GBA emulator so i was wondering if you could make a ROM editor for 3rd gen games (i.e. fire red, leaf green, emerald, sapphire, and ruby) i would appreciate that.

PPRE will only handle Gen IV+ Games. There is an abundant amount of tools available for GBA games.

And for those who were waiting for the next release .11a is available. That's the version with Script Error support and Level-up Move editing.

PPRE will only handle Gen IV+ Games. There is an abundant amount of tools available for GBA games.

And for those who were waiting for the next release .11a is available. That's the version with Script Error support and Level-up Move editing.

Thanks alot! Will I be able to edit the 'buggy map' (with script errors) now?

Also, I'm getting some errors with Trainer Names. Everytime I change one, they change into ????????????? in the game itself.

Oh, and, another 'bug': when I edit the Texts, things like \100v3\v0013\ and so on, who represent the Hero or Rival name, are getting buggy. Weird tokens are added behind them when I edit the map, so \100v3\v0013\ becomes something like \100v3\v0013\001v\001v\ or something like that.

If you don't understand what I mean, I'll try to describe it better.

Thanks anyway for this wonderful update.

Is it possible to use PPRE to restore the Game Corners, as well as translate them into English on HGSS?

To that, I would think it isn't... unless the data for the Game Corner is still in the files somewhere, it would be unlikely. Your best bet would be to use the JP version and translate that.

In any case, I still look forward to the day that this program is able to edit the actual moves!

For now, you can edit the narc file from a Diamond or Pearl ROM with Attack Editor DS, and reinsert it into a HG/SS/Platinum ROM. Extremely easy.

Is this the only way? Because I've noticed that there are several animation changes from DPP to HG/SS, and I want to keep those changes in HG/SS.... Not to mention that that program isn't working for me for some odd reason....

rofl what

the move data is totally independent to the animations associated with them.

you're either editing the attack effects or the attack animations, not both at once.

for instance, using the method i described above, i changed Leech Life's base power to 80, but the animation & sound FX are still exactly the same as they always were in whatever version i place the narc file in. this particular narc is totally compatible between all 4th gen games, so i can place it in DPPt or HGSS, and the game will just use whatever animation & FX it normally does.

this is definitely not the case with most other narc files, however.

To that, I would think it isn't... unless the data for the Game Corner is still in the files somewhere, it would be unlikely. Your best bet would be to use the JP version and translate that.

In any case, I still look forward to the day that this program is able to edit the actual moves!

I was thinking that I could just copy the script, text (translate it later), and everything else from a Japanese version (copypasta FTW!!!11), and hope for the best, but it seems that PPRE won't view the Goldenrod Game Corner's information. Would this have worked in the first place? I am completely useless when it comes to stuff like this, but does that mean that the information from the Japanese games has not been fully integrated into PPRE, yet?

EDIT: Wait, are the maps numbered differently in the Japanese versions? If so, what are the map numbers for the Goldenrod Game Corner and the Celadon Game Corner? While I'm at it, is the Coin Case obtained from the Goldenrod Underground like in the original games, or is it actually obtained in the Game Corner (this question only applies to the Japanese games)?

'Sup, guys. I wanted to change the Gym Leader 's name from Blue to Green but I encountered some problems using this tool.

I first edited the dialogue with thenewpoketext. Tried it out and everything was OK: Everytime there was a dialogue concerning Blue his name was now Green.

Then I wanted to change Blue's name to Green using PPRE (you know, using the trainer editor), I changed his name and did some modifications to the Rival's and Red's Pokemon. After that I booted the ROM and to my surprise some names were now glitched. Giovanni's name and all double battles (Twins, Couple, etc) are now like this: "?????????????????????? ??????????????????" or "???????????????????99????????????".

Any one knows what could possibly be wrong? :|

Well, you get the coin case in the underground in the Japanese version. not 100% sure on the USA version, but most likely it's the same.

In the all versions that are not Japanese, the Coin Case is obtained from Mr. Game, or whatever his name is. I gave all the values from a Japanese version to an English version, and the Coin Case was then in the Underground. After, I went to that weird tent place at the end of the city, and it crashed. I don't know if this was a side effect, or maybe I just used the Walk Through Walls code too much.

PS- Hey SCV, are you planning to implement a Text Searcher on PPRE, so specific words and phrases can be found easier?

rofl what

the move data is totally independent to the animations associated with them.

you're either editing the attack effects or the attack animations, not both at once.

for instance, using the method i described above, i changed Leech Life's base power to 80, but the animation & sound FX are still exactly the same as they always were in whatever version i place the narc file in. this particular narc is totally compatible between all 4th gen games, so i can place it in DPPt or HGSS, and the game will just use whatever animation & FX it normally does.

this is definitely not the case with most other narc files, however.

Shanks so much! I had no idea... I was expecting them to be contained within the same data set. But if that's the case.... then I think I might just go ahead and do some really bad things.... muahahahaha......

You know how you have Route 204A and Route 204B? And Route 210A and Route 210B?

When I'm trying to open, like, Route 210A in PPRE, it automatically opens Route 210B, and not A. So I cannot edit the A-versions of the Routes anymore, it seems.

Is this a Bug in PPRE and, if yes, are you able to solve this (easily)?

You can download it on the very first post of this thread. Just click on the Windows Beta release if you are using Windows.

PPRE has been updated to hack HGSS for months now (Japanese HGSS). The US HGSS can be hacked as well since last week.

Question 1: They cannot be edited yet, I ended up leaving the spaces blank. Those will come in a future release.

Oh, okay, thanks. I didn't use it at the time of that post, so I was asking some stupid questions.

Are there any other Tools that can be used to Hack HG/SS besides PPRE? Or is that all?