PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

I got the wild encounters to work, I re downloaded PPRE and my platinum ROM, and scrapped whatever mess I was making and it works perfectly now. Keep up the good work! I look forward to being able to edit the Pokemon types, moves, abilities... makes it feel like a whole new game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Im new to the whole ROM hacking thing. I have no experience and was wondering if there is a tutorial for any type of editing I can do to my Platinum ROM. Thank you! =D

Also, I have this great idea for a new pokemon game but from what I read here before, is it possible to edit map layouts?

Hey guys! Im new to the whole ROM hacking thing. I have no experience and was wondering if there is a tutorial for any type of editing I can do to my Platinum ROM. Thank you! =D

Also, I have this great idea for a new pokemon game but from what I read here before, is it possible to edit map layouts?

There is no extensive tutorials yet. no, the map Layouts cannot be edited yet.

Hello, thank you for this wonderful program.

I'm doing a rom hack called Pokémon Pokémon Mineral Crystal SS in Spanish, but also translate into English for the users of this incredible site.

I'm using this program to modify the evolution of Pokémon, but will not let me change anything.

Another thing, Is there any way to change the text of paragraph Maps?

Examples:

134 T22GYM0101 --> VIOLET CITY GYM

136 T23GYM0101 --> AZALEA TOWN GYM

137 T25GYM0101 --> GOLDENROD CITY GYM

138 T26GYM0101 --> OLIVINE CITY GYM

139 T24GYM0101 --> CYANWOOD CITY GYM

140 T28GYM0101 --> MAHOGANY TOWN GYM

141 T30GYM0101 --> BLACKTHORN GYM

One last thing: Thanks for this program and to see when it will be able to save the changes to the evolutions of Pokémon in HGSS with PPRE.

Excuse my English, because this text has been translated by Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, it's been a while since I visited here but it's great to see progress on this :D

Forgive me if you've addressed this already, but are you going to be supporting sprite edits? It would be pretty awesome to create a game like "Moemon" with that, or even just allowing people to add their own Pokemon species this way.

Holy crap, it's been a while since I visited here but it's great to see progress on this :D

Forgive me if you've addressed this already, but are you going to be supporting sprite edits? It would be pretty awesome to create a game like "Moemon" with that, or even just allowing people to add their own Pokemon species this way.

you can already do that with PokeDsPic.

i have a problem. every time i edit eevee's evoultion of espeon and i close the editor it says:

Errors occurred

See the logfile 'C:\Documents and Settings\KwasiAkosuaFamily\My Documents\NDS\ppre.exe.log' for more details but i can't find it

any ideas?

plz and thank you.

Does it allow FULL text editing?

Because I want to take a Diamond, Pearl and Platinum rom and localize them for Quebec.

(Surely you know Quebec uses a different kind of french than France.)

Sounds GREAT! Your programme is wonderful, SVC.

Anyway, I just started with it (again), and I've got some troubles.

1. I typed my romname (platinum.nds) in the empty field.
  2. I clicked Set ROM.
  3. I edited some things (in Maps + Trainers).
  4. I typed my ''new'' romname (platinumedit.nds).
  5. I clicked Write ROM.

The first time I did this, everything went great.

Now I tested the game (platinumedit.nds) and followed the same steps again. But, it doesn't seem to work. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. =)

This is for those who have struggled with PPRE,as I have....

Most of the editing is actually face value, where you just need to click the option you want to change, and then change it, whether it's a box-check, or a list opens up. Just modify it to your liking.

As for saving... and this is particularly @ Oxnite.....

Follow these steps, similar to what Oxnite posted:

1. Type the rom name, ex: (platinum.nds) in the empty field.

2. Click "Set Rom"

3. Make any changes you want to. Be sure to click any "Save -" buttons

- Note - You have to click the save button after EACH Pokemon edit.

4. Type new rom name, ex: (platinumedit.nds) in second blank field \

5. Click "Edit Rom"

And now you have an edited rom!

Now.... say you want to go back and make MORE changes....

Do you see that "tmp_" folder? DELETE IT.

For some odd reason, once the tmp folder is created and PPRE has been closed once, the writing aspect of the program no longer works. But fear not! Simply use your new rom for any further editing, and all of your previous changes will be carried over!

Hopefully, this saves many people from any more hours of frustration.... like me.... >_<

^_^