PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SCV Whats the next thing thats going to be functionable on ppre i personally am hoping for the pokemon evolution part like what level they evolve and what pokemon they evolve into and what moves they learn at what level that would be a really great added feature but thats just what im wanting so good luck with the ppre project

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have cross-examined the opening post and the readme post. The word "save" was not mentioned in those posts. This made it slightly ambiguous as to whether or not any actual changes would be saved. I assumed erroneously that it would. I think many people who have posted in this thread have also made the same assumption.

How to save the changes you made? Please Help.

However, I just found post #197 in the thread which does re-affirm your statement.

Hey i kno i sound like a complete noob but which file do i open? Ive been opening "ppremain.ui" then going to preview but it looked different in the video.

program looks great btw. I spent all day yestrday trying diff ways to get pokemon rom editor on my mac and then I found this. great job! thanks

(i have ppreb006 and im on a mac)

do i have to put it in a project to make it work? I type in the name of the rom with the .nds and hit set rom but nothing happens. Im supposed to be opening it with Qt Designer right? sorry i have so manny questions but I just want to edit a rom so bad

Edited by ben.jamin

do i have to put it in a project to make it work? I type in the name of the rom with the .nds and hit set rom but nothing happens. Im supposed to be opening it with Qt Designer right? sorry i have so manny questions but I just want to edit a rom so bad

You need to run ppre.pyw.

You should do this from the command line by typing:

python ppre.pyw once you have navigated to the directory where the project and your rom is. This will also allow you to see any errors that might occur. If they do, then paste the contents of the error here.

the error message was as follows:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'ppre.pyw': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Does it matter where my file is ? its on my desktop now. I dont think that I can paste it into an app even if i open the contents

EDIT: i tried a couple diff ways and it always gave me [Errno 2]