PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Hi SCV, I have a suggestion for the map editing, there is a file called OpenGL.dll

We have already been able to dis`play maps with opengl. The problem is figuring out how the game assigns land data to maps or the other way around.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

SCV, as you will most likely now there are certain maps/scripts which aren't yet read right.

These appear with this script:

and this text (jubilife city text):

For example 209-215 are effected, which are certain areas in Mt. Coronet.

Flower Paradise is also effected, which prevents me from activating the Shaymin event there...

I have been wondering if there is any hope for these, or are these, at least for the near future, somehow un-readable?

Some scripts are empty. They are assigned the text for jubilife. Ignore those.

The event for shaymin is in map 399 as far as I can tell. What did you find the number for flower paradise to be. Mt. Coronet has many empty maps which GF did not bother to remove.

On Beta 0.6:

-Platinum worked, as far as reading

-Diamond didn't, it didn't read anything about it (Pokedex, etc.)

What version of diamond. My diamond works perfectly for me.

Also, for Pokemon able to learn TMs: Can you label them?
Like Codemonkey85 said, I will when that feature becomes useable.

What version of diamond. My diamond works perfectly for me.

I now noticed that there were errors.

Here is the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "ppre.pyw", line 343, in changedPokemon
 File "poketext.pyc", line 56, in decrypt
 File "poketext.pyc", line 92, in DecyptTxt
OverflowError: range() result has too many items
 File "ppre.pyw", line 1799, in updateScript
IndexError: tuple index out of range
 File "ppre.pyw", line 1799, in updateScript
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Like Tage, I can't even get started myself.

I placed my Platinum ROM (In English, by the way) in the same directory as PPRE and the other files. I double clicked the PPRE file and said that it won't start because the application configuration was incorrect.

How do I fix this?

Hi all, this thread will be to discuss the development of PPRE.

Currently I am completely re-doing PPRE and PPRE beta 0.05 will be out soon.

Special Thanks: Special thanks go to loadingNOW and pichu2001. loadingNOW's thepoketext system is an integral part of PPRE and provided me the address to the game's script handler when I was getting started with studying scripts. pichu2001 has helped tremendously in trying to figure out script commands.

History:

PPRE started out as a program with a whole new concept. The first versions of PPRE were based on the code for Nitro Explorer 2, written by Treeki. This allowed for reading DPP roms using the NDS file system. One thing that I did not like was that I was using C# to code PPRE and had used C# to code PPTE (Project Pokemon's Trainer Editor). While C# is a great language. I wanted to try to support all of Linux, Mac and Windows.

Also an integral part of PPRE will be loadingNOW's thenewpoketext system. thenewpoketext is written in python. Rather than learning python to translate thenewpoketext, I decided I would learn python and use PyQt to code PPRE. New versions of PPRE will work like thenewpoketext in terms of reading the rom data. That is, it will use ndstool to unpack and rebuild the rom. For Linux usage depends on wine. I have not tested on Mac but it should work the same way.

Official Versions supported:

Diamond (USA)

Pearl (USA)

Platinum (USA)

However, many of the features will work for other versions and if something doesn't and there is enough demand I will add support for it.

Latest Release:

Windows:

PPRE beta 0.06 (includes loadingNOW's thenewpoketext with platinum support)

(go to: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showpost.php?p=33961&postcount=112 for more information.)

Mac/Linux:

PPRE beta 0.06 Need Python 2.6, Qt4 AND PyQt for python 2.6

thenewpoketext (updated with platinum support)

Planned Features:

Pokemon Editing:

• Main Pokemon Data
  • TMs/HMs able to learn
  • Level Up Attacks

Map Editing:

• Script Editor
  • Event Editor
  • Text Editor
  • Encounter Editor
  • Trainer Editor for the specific map

Trainer Editor:

• General Trainer Editor

I have tried the Windows version of 0.6 many times, but it won't work! Is anyone else having this problem????:confused:

I have tried the Windows version of 0.6 many times, but it won't work! Is anyone else having this problem????:confused:

What is the error?

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Yeah, I need a huge tutorial for the Mac Version. I don't get how Python works or how to run the thing altogether. Help!!!!

You need to be able to run pyqt. I don't have a mac so I can't walk you through everything (if I had a mac I could generate an app) try http://py-pyqt4.darwinports.com/

Hey SCV or any1 in this matter can u send me a tutorial link for ppre or at least the Scripts thanks if you do but if you don't no worries i understand that if your busy

I'll leave that to Roland or JePP if he wants to make one. Does the program at least open for you?

What is the error?

I extract all the files from the zip folder, open PPRE, and it says:

C:/Documents and Settings/Pokehacker/My Documents/PPREb006/ppre.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Reinstalling doesn't solve it however. Do I need my save file in the zip folder before I extract all or something? (Like you used to with PPSE)

Edited by Pokehacker

I extract all the files from the zip folder, open PPRE, and it says:

C:/Documents and Settings/Pokehacker/My Documents/PPREb006/ppre.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Reinstalling doesn't solve it however. Do I need my save file in the zip folder before I extract all or something? (Like you used to with PPSE

Get the MSVC 2008 Redistributable.

I have a Question: Are all of the features funcional except the Events function?

And, When editing text scripts, not all of the text from the game is there.

Only script editing is functional. Text Editing does not work yet. It just displays. Any changes you make are lost. Changes must be made with thenewpoketext for now.

P.S. New version of thenewpoketext coming soon. It will support adding new text entries.