PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

On 23/01/2018 at 5:42 PM, Rust said:

Hi!

I know that I am incredibly late to the party, but I have recently gained the interest in editing Pokemon ROMs to express my creativity in my free time.

Upon some experimentation, I completed a ROM that's almost entirely custom-made and it seems to work pretty well for the most part.  All of the Pokemon show up in their respected routes, all of the trainers seem to function properly, and the editor seems to work extraordinarily well except for one singular bug that affects the gameplay of the entire ROM.

I encountered the relatively common issue that is the "Freeze Bug" when Mr. Apricorn gives you the Apricorn Box on Route 30.  I thought this was just a one-time issue until it kept occurring no matter how many times I restarted the ROM or saved the game.  I eventually decided to attempt to find a loophole by entering the house and physically talking to Mr. Apricorn to obtain the box instead of initiating the cutscene.  I then realized that the cutscene was causing the freeze, not the gameplay itself.  I realized, however, that this only happens for a given number of cutscenes throughout the game.  Another example of this is the man that gives you the Miracle Seed on Route 32 after defeating the Violet City Gym.  If you walk in front of him, he will initiate a cutscene and the game will freeze.  However, if you physically talk to him, that will allow you to skip the cutscene entirely and proceed on.  An optional cutscene that I ended up taking note of was the Ruins of Alph Kabuto puzzle.  Once you complete the puzzle, you will fall into the pits of the Ruins and an unavoidable cutscene will initiate and freeze the game.  I took note of this and moved on from there.  I made my way through Union Cave and into Azeala Town.  As I made my way into the Slowpoke Well, I beat Proton and as soon as you beat him, an unavoidable cutscene initiates where Kurt comes into the back part of the well and talks to you.  Unfortunately, I have not found a loophole around this and I've been forced to halt gameplay for the time being until further notice.

I've explored the forums here, watched several YouTube videos, and no one has made a note regarding the cutscene freezing.  I was wondering if anyone on this thread could help me as soon as possible!  Thanks.  :)

- Rust

Oh my god finally someone with the same problem. I get a freeze at the first rival battle event trigger in Pearl, and i have no clue why it keeps freezing. I havent even edited the rival teams yet

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, Garnet__ said:

Oh my god finally someone with the same problem. I get a freeze at the first rival battle event trigger in Pearl, and i have no clue why it keeps freezing. I havent even edited the rival teams yet

I hope something can be done about this!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• 2 years later...
On 2/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Rust said:

I hope something can be done about this!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:38 PM, Garnet__ said:

On 1/23/2018 at 12:42 PM, Rust said:

Hi!

I know that I am incredibly late to the party, but I have recently gained the interest in editing Pokemon ROMs to express my creativity in my free time.

Upon some experimentation, I completed a ROM that's almost entirely custom-made and it seems to work pretty well for the most part.  All of the Pokemon show up in their respected routes, all of the trainers seem to function properly, and the editor seems to work extraordinarily well except for one singular bug that affects the gameplay of the entire ROM.

I encountered the relatively common issue that is the "Freeze Bug" when Mr. Apricorn gives you the Apricorn Box on Route 30.  I thought this was just a one-time issue until it kept occurring no matter how many times I restarted the ROM or saved the game.  I eventually decided to attempt to find a loophole by entering the house and physically talking to Mr. Apricorn to obtain the box instead of initiating the cutscene.  I then realized that the cutscene was causing the freeze, not the gameplay itself.  I realized, however, that this only happens for a given number of cutscenes throughout the game.  Another example of this is the man that gives you the Miracle Seed on Route 32 after defeating the Violet City Gym.  If you walk in front of him, he will initiate a cutscene and the game will freeze.  However, if you physically talk to him, that will allow you to skip the cutscene entirely and proceed on.  An optional cutscene that I ended up taking note of was the Ruins of Alph Kabuto puzzle.  Once you complete the puzzle, you will fall into the pits of the Ruins and an unavoidable cutscene will initiate and freeze the game.  I took note of this and moved on from there.  I made my way through Union Cave and into Azeala Town.  As I made my way into the Slowpoke Well, I beat Proton and as soon as you beat him, an unavoidable cutscene initiates where Kurt comes into the back part of the well and talks to you.  Unfortunately, I have not found a loophole around this and I've been forced to halt gameplay for the time being until further notice.

I've explored the forums here, watched several YouTube videos, and no one has made a note regarding the cutscene freezing.  I was wondering if anyone on this thread could help me as soon as possible!  Thanks.  :)

- Rust

If you use ppre 0.12 rather than 0.14 you can fix this issue, as 0.14 is known for that bug basically copy paste the code into the same rom with ppre 0.12

• 1 year later...

Hi I've been having trouble changing encouters on routes like 211 and 204. 

In PPRE it only shows one part of route like these that are split into two, is there a way to change those encounters inside PPRE? Or would I need something else to change those encounters?