PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Hey there,

I'm a bit new to PPRE, but I already think it's awesome. I do have some questions about the map editor though. I'm trying to create a Soul Silver rom in which you can get every pokemon without trading. In order to do that I want to change some wild encounters and I think I have to do that with the map editor, but the thing is, I don't know how to set the encounter rate of a specific pokemon. and if I open for example the map of route 7 there are boxes with persian in them. does that mean you can catch persian in route 7? And the last question: is there some kind of manual or tutorial on the map editor? Thanks in advance

As I understand it, the pokemon that are towards the bottom of the list are less common and vice versa. I'm not sure if it's possible to set the encounter ratio for individual pokemon via PPRE. Yes, Persian is in Route 7. If you were to replace both instances of Persian with, say, Squirtle, then Squirtle would appear in the same manner as Persian would in terms of encounter ratio, on that particular route.

• 4 weeks later...

I read from somewhere that the HGSS is very sensitive to the wild encounter especially around the location where there's an event (like in Route 30, the Mr.Apricorn), and I had experienced freezing due to the modification of wild encounter. Is there any alternative way to edit the wild encounter in HGSS? Can I edit the narc file using other program? Is there any chance that the freezing due to modification of wild encounter is caused by resizing of the ROM file by PPRE?

I read from somewhere that the HGSS is very sensitive to the wild encounter especially around the location where there's an event (like in Route 30, the Mr.Apricorn), and I had experienced freezing due to the modification of wild encounter. Is there any alternative way to edit the wild encounter in HGSS? Can I edit the narc file using other program? Is there any chance that the freezing due to modification of wild encounter is caused by resizing of the ROM file by PPRE?

It's due to PPRE interpreting the script wrong and then saving it wrong when you press save. You can avoid it by opening the scripts for that route, typing some gibberish in them, making the wild edits you want, and then saving. The script will not save if it's in an invalid format, so the events on the route will remain intact, and the edits to wilds WILL save.

Is this project still going?

If so, can you please release this for the next version: The ability to search for things.

Example:

I've used a tool where when you go to change, for example, a move, and you can click a drop box and type "cy" and "Cyndaquil" will be highlighted. This is so much more efficient than having to scroll all the way down, or keep pressing the C key in hope you don't miss it.

It would save an insane amount of time with things like Pokémon edits and wild Pokémon data edits.

decided to put lyra into cherrygrove town.everything went well,then testing.

1.sprite was fine,no problems whith that.

2.text was fine as soon as i edited it to work and fit.

3.the battle.well first try,i had chosen x01e0/o1e1 trainer,and didnt thin anything about it.to my disapointment and amusment,it came up when battling whith an overized lances body chucking a pokeball.how do i get the sprite to lyras?

Could someone pm me how?Thanks.

Is this project still going?

If so, can you please release this for the next version: The ability to search for things.

Example:

I've used a tool where when you go to change, for example, a move, and you can click a drop box and type "cy" and "Cyndaquil" will be highlighted. This is so much more efficient than having to scroll all the way down, or keep pressing the C key in hope you don't miss it.

It would save an insane amount of time with things like Pokémon edits and wild Pokémon data edits.

Adding to this, it would be immensely helpful if you could have something that searches trainers by names alongside numbers. It's really difficult to find 1 name among nearly 1000. Also, the no-changing of names needs to be fixed.

Also, editing the Script in Platinum, as far as I can see, freezes the Second Barry Battle, right before he talks to you and you're out of Jubilife. Anytime I've tried messing with the script, it comes out like that. Actually, when I've edited the text of some characters, too.

The locations of some places have 2 spots. However, the program can only go to the spot of one of these places. Examples would be Route 205 and 204, which editing them would result in only editing the latter part of the routes. That's as far as I've gone editing, so there's probably more, like the Eterna Gym. (No idea why that's in two places, but there's no script for the part that's accessible in this program)

Thanks, if you take any of these suggestions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this on youtube, does it basically alllow you to alter the story of the game??? Like I see people fighting trainers such as Steven in HG, with a whole set of pokemon, if we download this software, can we add other character to our games, also can we alter their Pokemon? Say give Morty that Misdrevus he always wanted, and battle Dawn and Red and May and decide on their Pokemon?

Hey...

I changed alot on my HG rom. I changed 50% of the trainers & alot of Pokemon.

I writed my rom, but when I try to play it on my R4 (Wood) I just get a white screen.

What did I miss?

I have exactly the same problem as T to the M (except the fact that I play it on my Cyclo DS and I only altered some trainers and their Pokémon). I've almost read all the relevant posts in this topic, but I couldn't find an answer for it. :( I find it very strange that my written ROM is something like 64MB and I supposed that this would be the problem... But between some replies here, someone said that this would be normal for a written ROM to be lesser MB than it's original. Well, if that's not the problem, I haven't any clue what's wrong...

I hope someone has an answer for this question, I would appreciate it. :)