Pokemon Black / White version 2 hero replacement

Greetings all,

I've been lurking the forums for quite some time and require some help.

I've just recently gotten into Rom hacking and have decided that I want to replace Rosa with Hilda from Black/white 1. All I ask is for some answers to a couple of questions that I have. Normally I just lurk myself to death and find the answers I need but I've been having no luck.

Right,

1 - For a complete character replacement, what are the complete list of sprites that I will i need to replace? (So far, I have successfully replaced the mugshot, back trainer and Overworld sprites. I know I have to replace the Trainer card, gender selection and save file (the little sprite that appears next to your save game.

If there are any that I'm not aware of, please tell me.

2 - In regards to the trainer card, gender selection and save file sprites, where are they located?.

Please don't see this as wanting to be Spoonfed. Honestly, I'd love to do it myself without asking anyone but it just isn't working out for me.

Thank you in advance.

The 2nd thread's very helpful. thanks.

EDIT: Additional problem.

I'm currently in the process of changing the trainer card sprite but im coming up with a discoloration problem

ch07klu.png?1

As you can see, the Sprite does not have the correct colors. I've triple checked that the Sprite has the right color palette assigned to it, and that it has 16 colors. the only thing that I think could be causing this is the way I'm saving the image. Although, I've tried various different methods of saving it and have had no success. Does anything have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Generalk121

• 6 years later...