Pokemon in: Super Smash bros. brawl.

pokemonfan

That's cool. My friend who is a pro is actually teaching me how to use Mario perfectly. To bad they ruined his Down + B in Brawl. What was wrong with the spin attack?

He still has his spin attack in Brawl. But it's an A move (I forgot the button combo).

By that logic, they should have given Luigi the Poltergust for Down + B... but...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a trace in the game that there was a serious consideration about Mewtwo but was left out due to Lucario.

Yeah. Small amounts of data have shown that Mewtwo was cut out of Brawl along with six others. The others were:

-Dr. Mario

-Roy

-Pichu

-Dixie Kong

-PraToMai (Plusle and Minun?)

-Toon Zelda / Tetra (Although some have speculated that there may be a Toon Shiek instead)

I like Ike, but Roy's our boy. Eh, I say there shouldn't be any replacements, although I would like to see Mewtwo, Roy and Toon Zelda. Dr. Mario could have been a Mario costume instead of the yellow Wario costume, too. :/

However, as I said before, I want my Fountain of Dreams back the most. T~T

Yeah. Small amounts of data have shown that Mewtwo was cut out of Brawl along with six others. The others were:

-Dr. Mario

-Roy

-Pichu

-Dixie Kong

-PraToMai (Plusle and Minun?)

-Toon Zelda / Tetra (Although some have speculated that there may be a Toon Shiek instead)

I like Ike, but Roy's our boy. Eh, I say there shouldn't be any replacements, although I would like to see Mewtwo, Roy and Toon Zelda. Dr. Mario could have been a Mario costume instead of the yellow Wario costume, too. :/

However, as I said before, I want my Fountain of Dreams back the most. T~T

Me too. I also want Roy and Mewtwo. Mewtwo's classic mode sprite was even implemented in there.

Here's what happened:

- Pichu evolved! (hence the new Pikachu palette with the sunglasses)

- Dr. Mario quit his job because people couldn't trust a doctor who touched toilets as his other occupation.

- Young Link got a graphic change

Now what about Roy and Mewtwo? What happened to them? :(

Continuing from wraith89's post...

- Roy was sad that his FE games received negative reception, so he quit and let Ike take his place.

- Mewtwo wanted a second chance, but Sakurai said, "No," and replaced him with Lucario. However, Sakurai also thought it'd be good to heavily buff Mr. Game & Watch to the point where he's broken instead of axing him. :/

Now that leaves Dixie Kong, Plusle/Minun, and Toon Zelda/Tetra (or Toon Shiek).

Continuing from wraith89's post...

- Roy was sad that his FE games received negative reception, so he quit and let Ike take his place.

- Mewtwo wanted a second chance, but Sakurai said, "No," and replaced him with Lucario. However, Sakurai also thought it'd be good to heavily buff Mr. Game & Watch to the point where he's broken instead of axing him. :/

Now that leaves Dixie Kong, Plusle/Minun, and Toon Zelda/Tetra (or Toon Shiek).

:-/

Nah, they need better endings.

Roy wouldn't just quit. Roy's awesome that way. Maybe he got too warped up in his life with Lilina/Guinevere/Sue/Thany/Sophia/Cecilia (6 women!!) xD

Mewtwo... his life is more complex. He left Smash Bros just to join this boards xD

Eh... I'll find a better explanation later for Mewtwo... but I think Roy's been pimping :D

I'm not that miffed about any losses; Dr. Mario was Mario with white clothing. Pichu was Pikachu, with the distinction of hurting himself. Mewtwo... the loss of Mewtwo really bites, I won't sugar-coat it, but I'm not mad about it, per se. I've never played any Fire Emblem games, so Roy meant nothing to me (other than the fact he KILLED PEOPLE WITH FIRE). I've never played Ocarina of Time either (shame, I know), so Young Link was much the same as Roy.

In the end, I'm just happy that Meta Knight finally made it in.

• 1 month later...
I like to play with only the pokeballs on and on high. Then the whole game is basically getting the pokeballs and throwing it. But it is fun because of the pokemon that come out. I also like to be the pokemon trainer when I do this that means a lot of pokemon.

What do you like to do with pokemon in super smash bros.?

I miss Melee's Mewtwo:frown: His throws ROCKED!

He still has his spin attack in Brawl. But it's an A move (I forgot the button combo).

Its Down+A in the Air

Turtlekid, did you know that Squirtle's Down Throw has excellent KO potential at higher percents? But yeah, his aerials shine the most. Don't forget about Shellshifting and USmash, either.

I've been finding myself using Ike more often lately. Too bad Ike struggles in the metagame... :/

But really, I find Ike fun to use. I tend to be very aerial with him, and I rarely use Smashes (barring DSmash, since it can be a fast hit). Down Throw -> Aether combo is fun. :3

Also, doesn't Falco look a bit like Empoleon in the picture in the spoiler?

EmpoleFalco2.jpg

Ah, trust me, if I'm grabbing and throwing with Squirtle, I only use his D-Throw. And I'm still practicing the timing for "hydroplaning," but it's also quite useful.

Ike is really fun to use in Item-heavy Free-for-alls, or if your opponent is predictable. If you can predict your opponent as Ike, you've already half-won.

And good gracious, that's an interesting texture for our feathered friend.

Yeah, Ike is a beast in FFA's, especially when items are thrown into the mix. Fastfalling his UAir, NAir, and DAir are extremely useful on their own, too.

And thanks. ^^ (Yes, I made that texture, although it's still unfinished. I'm a texture hacker for a machinimating team, so yeah- when I'm not actually Brawling, I'm playing around with / making new textures. :P)

I play mostly as Ike, then usually followed by Pokemon Trainer (Charizard released first.), then R.O.B.

I use Jigglypuff during coin matches, I don't aim to win, I just do it to annoy everyone.

*rollout*

*loses half of coins*

"GODDAMNIT"

"teehee."