A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you still check this or not but I'm having an interesting problem...

I have a Sapphire save file that is saved right before the Elite Four and I can edit the save and have no problems with it but once I beat the Elite Four and after the game resets due to beating the Elite Four, I can no longer edit the save.

I do the same thing of exporting the battery file, editing the save, and then importing but it just defaults back to a previous save. The interesting part is after I beat the Elite Four and open the save file via A Save, it asks me what game is this for, "R/S, FR/LG, E" but it does not do that on my save file before I beat the Elite Four.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Archer30 said:

Well, depite this save editor is considered to be outdated. It's the most friendly one for rom hacks due to the lack of legality check.

Pkhex doesn't stop you from making changes due to legal checks though, it will tell you if something is not legal but you can still save the changes regardless.

1 hour ago, scarfaceguns said:

Pkhex doesn't stop you from making changes due to legal checks though, it will tell you if something is not legal but you can still save the changes regardless.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I had difficulties editing monsters from Pokemon Glazed (a rom hack based on Emerald).

The rom hack uses pokemon IDs that are not used in the official Emerald (id from 0x00FC to 0x0114). In PhHex, these pokemons don't get displayed at all. 

8 hours ago, Archer30 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I had difficulties editing monsters from Pokemon Glazed (a rom hack based on Emerald).

The rom hack uses pokemon IDs that are not used in the official Emerald (id from 0x00FC to 0x0114). In PhHex, these pokemons don't get displayed at all. 

Wouldn’t they show up as a red square, as opposed to not showing up?

39 minutes ago, Archer30 said:

Unfortunately, no.

I make a few screenshots for Druddigon (0x0100) in Pokemon Glazed to explain the problem. Please check here.

Here’s something you could try.

use batch editor to edit the species of that exact slot, to make it an already existing Pokémon. Then check if the other stats/moves show up.

better yet, upload the save so I’ve got something to play around. In the future, just upload the image to our site, rather than use a different service. :3

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Here’s something you could try.

use batch editor to edit the species of that exact slot, to make it an already existing Pokémon. Then check if the other stats/moves show up.

better yet, upload the save so I’ve got something to play around. In the future, just upload the image to our site, rather than use a different service. :3

Thanks mate. I will try tweaking with pokemon types later. Ideally, I hope pkhex could allow these pokemons to be shown. Considering the rom hack is completely for single player, it does not break the experience of others.

Please find my save game here, based on Pokemon Glazed 8.7.1. Thanks again for helping!

Just now, Archer30 said:

Thanks mate. I will try tweaking with pokemon types later. Ideally, I hope pkhex could allow these pokemons to be shown. Considering the rom hack is completely for single player, it does not break the experience of others.

Please find my save game here, based on Pokemon Glazed 8.7.1. Thanks again for helping!

Well PKHeX won’t support saves from hackroms, cause the data can be radically different. Also, just a personal guess unrelated to the devs, if you allow one hackrom, it’ll open the floodgates and everyone will want their hackroms/favourite hackroms supported. It’s just cleaner to stick to official games.

thanks for the link, I’ll check it out later.

also, you mentioned something about types? Types aren’t in the Pokémon data outside of Gen 1/2, so you can’t edit that via save editing.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

well I just tried, and PKHeX is not allowing edits to that slot. Guess you gotta stick with Advanced Save then

Thanks for testing! Well, A-save is ok as it has all the basic features. I will try to learn some hex editing to cover the gap :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Alright, nice! I have a VERY stupid question. Can I put this on a DS flashcart like an R4 and put the GBA game in slot 2? like put the flashcart in slot 1, boot that up, and it reads the GBA cart? I know, stupid question, but I can't find anything to fit my needs just by a google search.

7 minutes ago, Swag_Cat said:

Alright, nice! I have a VERY stupid question. Can I put this on a DS flashcart like an R4 and put the GBA game in slot 2? like put the flashcart in slot 1, boot that up, and it reads the GBA cart? I know, stupid question, but I can't find anything to fit my needs just by a google search.

I'm thinking something like RTCread DS, where it reads the slot 2 data? 

1 hour ago, Swag_Cat said:

I'm thinking something like RTCread DS, where it reads the slot 2 data? 

For starters this tool isn't necessary anymore now that pkhex exists, and for extracting/replacing your GBA's save file you can use "GBA Backup Tool" on a flashcard.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello KazoWAR, I don't know if you're gonna read this, but I REALLY like your program, it is one of the few good alternatives I found for PKHex that works on my computer (32-Bits Windows 10), and I really like it, however, I found a problem trying to use it, you see?, when I try to put a mGBA save file for Pokémon Emerald (didn't try with other games) in A-Save, it says the size is invalid even though it is 128kb, but when I try with the version 1.23, it works fine, also, how can I make that a save doesn't go over the size of 128kbPokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).sav

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 5:57 PM, Torterra18 said:

it is one of the few good alternatives I found for PKHex that works on my computer (32-Bits Windows 10)

You really should consider upgrading to a modern 64 bit Windows. The reason our save doesn't open on A-Save is that mGBA added RTC information to the end of the save. You could use a Hex editor and remove the last 16 bytes from your file, that should make it work again.

13 hours ago, Moonakasoulieheart said:

How do I Modify an item and add it into the game with this? it is letting me click modify but won't let me pick an item to put there

Just use PKHeX instead.

On 5/7/2023 at 5:36 AM, BlackShark said:

You really should consider upgrading to a modern 64 bit Windows. The reason our save doesn't open on A-Save is that mGBA added RTC information to the end of the save. You could use a Hex editor and remove the last 16 bytes from your file, that should make it work again.

Thx for help, I don't upgrade cuz I don't have a reliable way to upgrade without losing my files because of my lack of a proper way to backup the previously mentioned files.