A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you Kazo for this incredible tool!

It works like a charm, but it has so far corrupted the save file on two occasions: first on Emerald, & lately on Ruby.

1) On Emerald: it didn't completely screw up my save file per se (also I keep as many backups as possible), but somehow when I lately try to edit an item's count, A-Save doesn't let me (I just see it stuck at 999 for every item but I can't interact with it); if I save then I, in effect, get 999 of every item.

2) On Ruby: I no longer can edit my save file; I mean I can but when I boot up the game on VBA it tells me the save file is corrupt & that "the previous one will be loaded" & it reverts back to the latest working state.

I think I've noticed a pattern here though: A-Save works pretty well for me until I get the Copper card. It's something to do with the Battle Frontier/Battle Tower data I presume?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I figured out what was causing the "Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32." error for me. I viewed my dumped roms through GBA Tool Advanced and found out my cartridges are counterfeits! Both of them! Lucky me.

Thankfully I could trade the pokemon I wanted to edit to a friend's legit copy, and then dump their save to edit it then trade it back. Good luck to anyone having the same issue as me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i am using ver 1.27 and has save files from FR,LG,R,S &E. i want to use Emerald as my main game and planned on importing all pkmns from other games. I was able to do that & verified it by checking them in the Boxes.

But the problem is the pokedex. It seems not updated and i am only seeing the Emerald caught/seen.

Please help.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

A-save? There's not really much options. If you have access to pokemon box on gamecube, that would be the fastest way.

Maybe @KazoWAR would add pokédex auto-fill (configurable?) to a-save 1.28. Or if he is willing to make it open source, someone else can add it, but if you wan't it now, you'd have to manually fill it in a-save or use pokemon box.

• 4 weeks later...

I use a pokemon ruby CIA for the 3DS, and I'm unable to enter the file on A-Save because it says invalidad file. This CIA saves the save file on my Nintendo 3DS, so I don't have to use AGBSave9. Either way, I know that it doesn't work on A-Save beacuse it has to be 128KB, but whenever I get the save file from my 3DS, it's always 192KB. How can I fix that? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I play fire red on my phone and opened the save to edit it just fine. When I go to save my changes however my phone just disappears from the places I am able save to. I tried saving to desktop and manually putting the save onto my phone but to no avail. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I think bootleg carts used sram memory, which was 64 kB and a patched ROM. This is the same flashcarts did, so in order to load it with A-save, you'll have to use VBA to convert it to 128 kb save. You can also use VBA to convert it back to 64 kb for the bootleg cart again.