A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

Dear KazoWAR... Appreciate your efforts on making a save-editor...

i'm not sure if this question have been asked before or not, so...

I'm wondering if it's possible to edit a pokemon ability freely..

Example... let say my Current Blaziken have Blaze Ability, i can't seems to change it in the current version editor which is v1.24...

or is there a way to generate Speed Boost Blaziken PID? or something like that...

Thanks in Advance.. :)

not possible. only in gen 4+ did the pkm data structure have a byte for ability. in gen 3 its only a single bit that says ability 0 or 1 and the game picks the ability from that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, apologies for being a noob, only just got back into Pokemon on Emulators recently, I'm playing Fire Red on Android, completed it, now i want to edit my save, A-Save is the best editor I've seen and it seems to work on the computer, however as soon as i copy the save back to my phone it just reverts back to the version before i made the changes. no error messages just reverts straight back

Is this a known issue?

Cheers in advance

Hi there, apologies for being a noob, only just got back into Pokemon on Emulators recently, I'm playing Fire Red on Android, completed it, now i want to edit my save, A-Save is the best editor I've seen and it seems to work on the computer, however as soon as i copy the save back to my phone it just reverts back to the version before i made the changes. no error messages just reverts straight back

Is this a known issue?

Cheers in advance

What emulator do you use on Android ? Maybe there is some kind of backup system which would explain why your changes don't apply.

I've tried two, same thing happens with both, "John GBA - GBA Emulator" from "John Emulators", and "Emulator for GBA" by "Hai Phong Game Studio"

If it is the Emulator, can you recommend one that you know doesn't have any form of Back up system that would allow it to work?

Cheers

Edit: just got it to work, the .sgm file for it holds you location in the game above your save file, so it was always taking priority over what the .sav said, i deleted the .sgm (after backing it up) and then restarted the emulator and it built a new .sgm from the modified save. worked perfectly

Cheers for your quick response i wouldn't have thought to delete the .sgm if you hadn't said about the back up.

I've tried two, same thing happens with both, "John GBA - GBA Emulator" from "John Emulators", and "Emulator for GBA" by "Hai Phong Game Studio"

If it is the Emulator, can you recommend one that you know doesn't have any form of Back up system that would allow it to work?

Cheers

Edit: just got it to work, the .sgm file for it holds you location in the game above your save file, so it was always taking priority over what the .sav said, i deleted the .sgm (after backing it up) and then restarted the emulator and it built a new .sgm from the modified save. worked perfectly

Cheers for your quick response i wouldn't have thought to delete the .sgm if you hadn't said about the back up.

You have to load the save from the emulator. John GBA use savestates Like checkpoints so You have to load manually the save. Press Load ROM from the Emulator's Menu, choose pokemon fire red version and select the save. Let me know :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have recently come across this and it looks like it has everything one could possibly need :)

However I have tried using this with a retail copy of Pokémon leaf green. I have backed up the rom and sav with a gba backup tool for the R4 and Im using VBA to test it.

I am able to make my changes but when I try to save with A-Save I get an error message

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore error and attemp to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately

The system cannot find the file specified"

I click ok and it saves just fine, I have tested it by opening the sav file with A-Save once again and all the changes are there.

However when I load up the sav using BVA I get an error saying that the file is corrupted so it loads previous save, without my changes on them.

I have searched through the forum and found that some people save ingame twice when this happens and then they go and make their changes again and this fixes the issue, unfortunately this is not working for me.

Has anyone experienced this issue as well? Please help me I am looking to start my game again and I would love to be able to use this program with it

Thanks

JM

Hi there,

I have recently come across this and it looks like it has everything one could possibly need :)

However I have tried using this with a retail copy of Pokémon leaf green. I have backed up the rom and sav with a gba backup tool for the R4 and Im using VBA to test it.

I am able to make my changes but when I try to save with A-Save I get an error message

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore error and attemp to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately

The system cannot find the file specified"

I click ok and it saves just fine, I have tested it by opening the sav file with A-Save once again and all the changes are there.

However when I load up the sav using BVA I get an error saying that the file is corrupted so it loads previous save, without my changes on them.

I have searched through the forum and found that some people save ingame twice when this happens and then they go and make their changes again and this fixes the issue, unfortunately this is not working for me.

Has anyone experienced this issue as well? Please help me I am looking to start my game again and I would love to be able to use this program with it

Thanks

JM

can you please link me the save file

• 2 weeks later...
can you check if the Data folder contains PSavFix? I am not getting any errors on saving on my end.

? So I fee a bit silly, that file was in fact missing, my antivirus had removed it when I extracted the folder from zip file.

Thanks for the help can't wait to start using it now ?

• 1 month later...

Kazo its possible add a table for copy pokemon from smogon and paste in a-save for easy create competitive pokemon like this format:

Jirachi @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpA

Bold Nature

- Calm Mind

- Psychic

- Fire Punch

- Wish?

Kazo its possible add a table for copy pokemon from smogon and paste in a-save for easy create competitive pokemon like this format:

Jirachi @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpA

Bold Nature

- Calm Mind

- Psychic

- Fire Punch

- Wish?

I will consider it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy this editor, but I was wondering if you plan on adding ribbon editing? I wanted to make an xD Moltres so it would know Extrasensory, but in xD the bird trio all carry the National Ribbon and unless I could get that ribbon onto them they wouldn't be legit.

• 2 weeks later...

decided to register on this site to say thank you so much I've searched for something like for a while for the 3rd generation. I do have a suggestion and I'm note sure if its been mention, but do you plan to add an option where you can min or max a pokemon stats. I remember with the pika save for the 1st and 2st generation this was possible and I want to know if it is possible to do this with 3rd generation and if that is something you have interest in adding???

so i used this save editor after taking my gba4ios save file off edited it worked fine, everything loaded up I saved it and tried to get it back to my phone but it says save file has been corrupted loading previous save I backed everything up and just cant get my edits to take hold on my iphone to go any advice

ok so I got it to work however used pokemon editor legacy than injected the file by I funbox for some reason atleast for me it would read the file when I last used A save. but when I used legacy it worked without a hitch

Edited by Bryan B

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I used the GBA Backup Tool on my Action Replay DSi to get .sav files from both Emerald and LeafGreen. They're both 128kb. When I try to open either of them in A-Save, I get the same message about how the value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Int32 value)

at Pokesav_Advance.Main.button_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

A-Save

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Boo/Desktop/Projects/pokemon/A-Save/A-Save.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34262 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

• 3 weeks later...