A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Could you please make some sort of tutorials on YouTube where you show how to use visual basic (I'm pretty sure that's the program you'r editing in)?

I am trying to make a save editor for Pokemon Red Rescue Team, and I got inspired by you :biggrin:

Hi.

Could you please make some sort of tutorials on YouTube where you show how to use visual basic (I'm pretty sure that's the program you'r editing in)?

I am trying to make a save editor for Pokemon Red Rescue Team, and I got inspired by you :biggrin:

Try looking at my signature for the source of Sky Editor. I have some Red/Blue Rescue Team support, but only the Team Name is in the UI. The source contains methods to edit Pokemon and held items.

Pokemon Emerald.SAV

I have a little problem. I'm new to all this emulator thing (Emerald) and wanted to add a pokemon to my party. After saving the sav file and importing it, the game says the save file is corrupted or damaged, had to be deleted. Then I have Options and New Game. What did I do wrong?
Also, trade-with-myself freezes, so that option is blown.

Pokemon Emerald.SAV

Okay, will try this and report back. Thank you.

Something related to this, out of curiosity: Could someone explain to me how the 'current time' is stored in the game? I can see in the save file editor that I can edit 'Time' but it shows Hour, Minute, Second and Frame, and the hour value is higher than 24, so I'm totally confused. If I wanted the in-game time to be, say, midnight or 14:25, what would I have to enter in the 'time' settings?

I know this post was from seven months ago, but can anyone confirm if the RTC fix in A-Save truly fixes the clock in RSE back to its normal form (after going to different areas, saving, loading more areas, saving, etc.)? I'm really hoping that it does, want to try to get back to battling my friends in their Secret Bases.

Nonetheless, thanks for A-Save, KazoWAR! Really awesome that you made this!

[ATTACH]11321[/ATTACH]

I have a little problem. I'm new to all this emulator thing (Emerald) and wanted to add a pokemon to my party. After saving the sav file and importing it, the game says the save file is corrupted or damaged, had to be deleted. Then I have Options and New Game. What did I do wrong?

Also, trade-with-myself freezes, so that option is blown.

What emulator are you using?

To help KazoWAR better help you...

What specific change did you make? Adding just a Torchic to your save?

First I tried adding a Torchic after I got my chosen starter. It failed. Then I tried to add 2 starters the first chance I was able to move, after the talk with mom.

My guess is that it's because your SID isn't generated until When you first press the A button upon Birch calling for help (iirc, that's when it occurs).

SID in Emerald is determined right at the end of the intro, before you hear the truck. TID/SID is determined at that same place in R/S.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am having an issue with opening my .sav file. This is what is happening when i try to open either my pokemon ruby or my fire red .sav file.

ASAVE1.png

Edit: I have tried changing the save file size in vba from 128 to 64 and it did not make a difference.

Edit: NEvermind. Fixed it. Just googled how to get a 64KB save to 128KB and it works now

ASAVE1.png.3d1802eaf01e7e05dcb95821f0152

Tried creating a Mew in Fire Red. Mew refuses to obey. used Rare Candy to get it to level 24, wouldn't listen, got a Cascade badge, STILL won't listen. I created Mew by loading in a Pokemon template and changed it from Slowpoke to Mew.

Tried creating a Mew in Fire Red. Mew refuses to obey. used Rare Candy to get it to level 24, wouldn't listen, got a Cascade badge, STILL won't listen. I created Mew by loading in a Pokemon template and changed it from Slowpoke to Mew.

That's the in-game anti-cheat mechanism kicking in.

For the Mew problem, check 'fateful encounter' and make where you met him 'fateful encounter' and it works just fine.

Now for a new problem. Pokemon Emerald, Wurmple, and the PID generator. I have a female Hardy one that will change into Caskoon. I want to make a female Brave Wurmple one that will turn into Caskoon. When I try to put those in, however, and select 'generate', the program hangs indefinitely! Note that if I make pretty much ANY change to the information, the control for the evolution switches from Caskoon to Skoon.

That would probably be because Mew's ID and/or SID is not matching yours.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting an error when trying to open a save for LG j0z8gl.png

the drop down box reads

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Pokesav_Advance.Main.button_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

A-Save

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Todd/Downloads/pokemon%20roms/A-Save/A-Save.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

**edit**

i found the solution just by trying to edit the save after i had received my first pokemon and it worked this time without error.