A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

First of all A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!!

Now I dont think it is a bug but DO have any idea when pokemon made with this tool are transferred to pal park in 4th gen and are checked for legality.It always shows Unknown GBA PID??

Just want to know why this happens.

Thank you for your time.

First of all A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!!

Now I dont think it is a bug but DO have any idea when pokemon made with this tool are transferred to pal park in 4th gen and are checked for legality.It always shows Unknown GBA PID??

Just want to know why this happens.

Thank you for your time.

why would you do that, just use pokegen. also it does that because the pid generator does not make valid pids. the IVs are not used in the pid generation and they are also not adjusted to match the generated pid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, and thank you for this save editor. It is very useful, not only because it's in English, but with the number of features it has - and that most of them seem to work! I'm saying this in hopes of offseting what I'm going to type next:

I'm finding 2 consistent errors while using this. Nothing that renders it unusable, just consistently annoying.

• The pokéballs used are often reset to the generic Pokéball. I've seen Great, Ultra, and Safari balls change. This occurs independently of editing that specific Pokémon. For instance, I've never edited my Zapdos, caught it with an Ultra Ball, and is now in a Pokéball. I've only recently used my Master Ball on a Deoxys, have edited it, and is still in a Master ball. I've made all my edits on Deoxys within my party, not on the PC. My Tauros is also in a Pokéball, has never been in my party (straight to PC), never been edited, and should only be in a Safari Ball - and isn't.
    I'm not sure what other information I can give on this.
  • Parts of my pokédex get reset. Not sure why. Not sure when. But I'm assuming it has something to do with the editor. For example: I've caught a Nidoran(M) and evolved into a Nidorino then a Nidoking (ligitly). My Pokédex says I own a Nidoran(M) and a Nidoking, but have never so much as seen a Nidorino. There are decent chunks taken out of my Pokédex, not sure why. What's more is I've never made any edits to that evolution line (if that information is any use to you).

Aside from that, this little application of yours is more than I could have asked for. It does its thing and doesn’t screw things up too badly, which, really, is all it needs to do.

I also have some feature requests if you’re willing to take a listen to them.

First post!

Could I make a request? For R/S/E, could there be an Mirage Island number editor? Perhaps with a function to set it to fit the leading party member (if number matches lower(?) PID half of a Pokémon in party, it appears).

Edit: Perhaps a better way to fix the RTC is to see if it's possible to allow the player to set the clock in-game again... I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure it out though.

Edited by Hozu

Hello, and thank you for this save editor. It is very useful, not only because it's in English, but with the number of features it has - and that most of them seem to work! I'm saying this in hopes of offseting what I'm going to type next:

I'm finding 2 consistent errors while using this. Nothing that renders it unusable, just consistently annoying.

• The pokéballs used are often reset to the generic Pokéball. I've seen Great, Ultra, and Safari balls change. This occurs independently of editing that specific Pokémon. For instance, I've never edited my Zapdos, caught it with an Ultra Ball, and is now in a Pokéball. I've only recently used my Master Ball on a Deoxys, have edited it, and is still in a Master ball. I've made all my edits on Deoxys within my party, not on the PC. My Tauros is also in a Pokéball, has never been in my party (straight to PC), never been edited, and should only be in a Safari Ball - and isn't.
    I'm not sure what other information I can give on this.
  • Parts of my pokédex get reset. Not sure why. Not sure when. But I'm assuming it has something to do with the editor. For example: I've caught a Nidoran(M) and evolved into a Nidorino then a Nidoking (ligitly). My Pokédex says I own a Nidoran(M) and a Nidoking, but have never so much as seen a Nidorino. There are decent chunks taken out of my Pokédex, not sure why. What's more is I've never made any edits to that evolution line (if that information is any use to you).

Aside from that, this little application of yours is more than I could have asked for. It does its thing and doesn’t screw things up too badly, which, really, is all it needs to do.

I also have some feature requests if you’re willing to take a listen to them.

First post!

send me you sav file pls.

If you delete a Pokemon in your party there will keep an empty place which results into a kind of missingno in the game.

Aren't the following Pokemon supposed to slide up to fill that empty place and only keep empty places at the end of the party but not between?

i guess they should, its just i never added that, i guess i will.

Could I make a request? For R/S/E, could there be an Mirage Island number editor? Perhaps with a function to set it to fit the leading party member (if number matches lower(?) PID half of a Pokémon in party, it appears).

Edit: Perhaps a better way to fix the RTC is to see if it's possible to allow the player to set the clock in-game again... I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure it out though.

I can look into it, shouldn't be too hard.

about RTC, when you reset RTC in A-Save, it sets the RTC values to as if you set the ingame clock with a dead battery(01/01/2000). this way, not matter what the current RTC value is on your cart or vba, time will always pass once it is loaded with the reset rtc. the rtc will be frozen ingame until the date listed in the sav is after the date listed in the rtc, since the value of the rtc in the game cart is generally unknown this is the best solution I had. butt I guess I can make it so that you can set the clock again ingame.

Ah, thanks, I didn't think to check there!

Having looked there, I'd like to make a request: could you let us set the ability of a pokemon to its 'null' second ability (that is, when it doesn't have one canonically)? This would be very helpful with hacks where such a pokemon does have two abilities, because as it is, the editor overrides the ability with the first one, and setting the PID to an odd number doesn't help either (I've tried boxing, levelling and evolving - none works).

Also, with the current save that I'm using (Vega), pokemon show up as bad eggs whenever they have a custom move (added rather than replacing another, I believe). Could you work around this by having a placeholder for erroneous moves, or something?

• 1 month later...

This is pretty cool; Transferring Pokémon over from Ruby with DeSmuME seemed to always get me stuck on a "Save error..." message even though everything about both my HG and Ruby saves seemed fine, and A-Save's box export/import feature let me export everything to FireRed, from which I was able to transfer without any problems.

What we Need is a Wondercard Editor (Aurora and Mystic Ticket) and Battle Frontier Symbol editor

Wondercard Editor that would actually add the card to the Mystery Gift + add the green guy on the top floor of Pokémon Centers would be pretty neat, yeah.

Whenever I try to load my save I get this error message.

My file is attached. Thanks so much!

"See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Pokesav_Advance.Main.button_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

A-Save

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/A-Save.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Accessibility

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box."

Pokemon LeafGree&#110.sav

Pokemon LeafGreen.sav

• 3 weeks later...

#Make badges count editable

#Make it possible to inport/export party or pokemons to the party

#Make it possible to export/inport pokedex info

#make it possible to export inport item list

#I cant have more than 99 pokeballs, its possible to have 999.

Bug?

BUG.png

Questions:

what's the frame thing at trainer info?

What's the difference between IV and EV in pokemon stats?

Edited by omo018

Got a problem it won't let me open any .sav files i just get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Int32 value)

at Pokesav_Advance.Main.button_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

A-Save

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Scott/Asav/A-Save.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

(my file is a 128kb leaf green .sav file)

Does anyone have a solution or workaround