A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

(I'd need more time to test and see whether the berry master gives out berries again, but the rocket launch center is back to 0 and the berries grow, that's all I wanted! :D)

For the record: It seems the berry master does NOT give out berries again … I've tested it on several games now. Berries grow fine but the berry master as a daily event does NOT work. Any idea why this could be? I guess the daily events mechanic is different from the berry growing mechanic in that the berries only need time to go by (while the clock is not 'behind' the time-stamp in the save) and the berry master needs a midnight reference point that maybe got lost somehow?

there's a similar mechanic in the later gens, too. as part of the real time clock monitoring, they track every change of a minute throughout the day, starting at midnight(1440) through the next 11:59 (0). and using savestates or swapping saves around will break it pretty badly for obvious reasons.

then again, perhaps it has something to do with the game not updating the rtc until you change areas. this actually happens. the cart's rtc will update, but the game's will not. are you actually playing through? or just loading the save and vising the berry guy? if you're just visiting him, try this:

-load the game

-change areas(so the area name updates) a couple times

-enter and exit a couple of houses

-save again

-wait until you know the berry guy should be working again

-enter and exit another house

-visit him

there's a similar mechanic in the later gens, too. as part of the real time clock monitoring, they track every change of a minute throughout the day, starting at midnight(1440) through the next 11:59 (0). and using savestates or swapping saves around will break it pretty badly for obvious reasons.

Oh, I had hoped something like this was not implemented in Gen 3. I've read online that you could cheat by playing on the VBA and changing the clock settings on your PC, allowing you to grow berries much faster etc., so I thought the game wouldn't care much about how the time changes as long as it knows what time it is now.

if you're just visiting him, try this:

-load the game

-change areas(so the area name updates) a couple times

-enter and exit a couple of houses

-save again

-wait until you know the berry guy should be working again

-enter and exit another house

-visit him

Okay, will try this and report back. Thank you.

Something related to this, out of curiosity: Could someone explain to me how the 'current time' is stored in the game? I can see in the save file editor that I can edit 'Time' but it shows Hour, Minute, Second and Frame, and the hour value is higher than 24, so I'm totally confused. If I wanted the in-game time to be, say, midnight or 14:25, what would I have to enter in the 'time' settings?

that is for time played, when you save in game it shows PLAYER, BADGES, POKéDEX, TIME. its that time. if you want to adjust your ingame clock. reset the RTC load game on cart and save, then edit the initial RTC value, I think for every hour you move to value back, an extra hour passes ingame.

Another bug, now in Emerald, after load my save 4 missingno pokemon (?) in Box 14.

I think I will leave it like that, or maybe have them show up as bad eggs? they are perfectly fine Pokemon data, its just the Pokemon id are set to 0 for some reason, so they are not shown in-game. where they there before and disappeared after using my program? or you had no idea they where there? maybe they got changed from AR codes or something along time ago. do you have any backups of the save that was never edited?

In my Emerald save there were some Missingnos too.

It's curious, those Pokemon aren't supposed to be on my Emerald save anymore!

I transfered them to my Diamond long time ago. And know they are already on my Black version for 2 years.

Their data is still left on my Emerald save. I think that's a bug in Emerald not a bug in A-Save.

might be the game marking the data as "empty" but not clearing it, then A-Save re-saving it without that "null data" flag or whatever?

sorta like how data can still exist when you "delete" it.

its not that its making them visible again, they are still not visible ingame. the entire 80 bytes are still stored in the box data, and A-Save sees them in the box. its just seems that palpark is just setting the pokemonID byte to 0, instead of clearing out all the data and the game now ignores that they are really there because the pokemonID byte is 0. I guess i should have A-Save ignore it as well.

that is for time played, when you save in game it shows PLAYER, BADGES, POKéDEX, TIME. its that time. if you want to adjust your ingame clock. reset the RTC load game on cart and save, then edit the initial RTC value, I think for every hour you move to value back, an extra hour passes ingame.

I think I will leave it like that, or maybe have them show up as bad eggs? they are perfectly fine Pokemon data, its just the Pokemon id are set to 0 for some reason, so they are not shown in-game. where they there before and disappeared after using my program? or you had no idea they where there? maybe they got changed from AR codes or something along time ago. do you have any backups of the save that was never edited?

Sorry I havent a backup of the save that was never edited. I never used AR codes on this Emerald save, only uploaded some events via PokeBoxGBA and used many times the Emerald glitch for clone pokemon and items.

Locations:

0xFD = EGG obtained (gift)

I load 2 more saves of Emerald (USA-Japan) and eggs obtained as gift (Wynaut EGG) as showed as Japanese. In-game are showed with the correct language. Its a bug or Nintendo make all eggs as japanese in Gen III?

PD. Wynaut EGG: USA box 4, JPN box 1

Edit: More USA saves checked (LeafGreen and Ruby) and EGGs obtained as gift are showed as Japanese.

Emerald (J)..sav

Emerald (U)..sav

Emerald (J)..sav

Emerald (U)..sav

Edited by jm-plata
more .sav checked

Haha, when was all that RTC stuff found out about?

I had to restart my Ruby save file because I had ran into that problem a few years ago.

its not that its making them visible again, they are still not visible ingame. the entire 80 bytes are still stored in the box data, and A-Save sees them in the box. its just seems that palpark is just setting the pokemonID byte to 0, instead of clearing out all the data and the game now ignores that they are really there because the pokemonID byte is 0. I guess i should have A-Save ignore it as well.

Similarly, I Pal-Parked several Pokémon a while ago, then when I backed up my Emerald save file and loaded it in VBA; The Pokémon I had Pal-Parked showed up in my box even though they shouldn't (they didn't show up on my retail cartridge) and they caused a Gen IV game to say "Save error..." when I tried Pal-Parking them via DeSmuME.

Locations:

0xFD = EGG obtained (gift)

I load 2 more saves of Emerald (USA-Japan) and eggs obtained as gift (Wynaut EGG) as showed as Japanese. In-game are showed with the correct language. Its a bug or Nintendo make all eggs as japanese in Gen III?

PD. Wynaut EGG: USA box 4, JPN box 1

Edit: More USA saves checked (LeafGreen and Ruby) and EGGs obtained as gift are showed as Japanese.

all eggs are set to *Japanese and are given the name タマゴ.

the language byte is actually 2 bytes, all languages use 0x02XX, but eggs use 0x0601. i think 0x601 is a special egg font that has the characters for each the region's egg replacing タマゴ.

Haha, when was all that RTC stuff found out about?

I had to restart my Ruby save file because I had ran into that problem a few years ago.

Similarly, I Pal-Parked several Pokémon a while ago, then when I backed up my Emerald save file and loaded it in VBA; The Pokémon I had Pal-Parked showed up in my box even though they shouldn't (they didn't show up on my retail cartridge) and they caused a Gen IV game to say "Save error..." when I tried Pal-Parking them via DeSmuME.

maybe vba or your ROM was set to 64kb saves, so instead of loading slot 2, it loaded slot 1, and also it failed to save trying to write to slot 2.

I get the message that it is no allowed win32 application :frown:

Known problem ?

EDIT: I use WinXP to run it.

do you have latest .NET? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

First, I would like to thank KazoWAR for creating and releasing this program. :biggrin:

On another note, Evandixon brought this cut-off issue up before, but I'm still experiencing it even when using version 1.17. Is anyone else still having a problem like the attachment when editing storage and party pokemon? I'm using this program on Windows 7. The screenshots are taken from trying to edit an existing storage Pokemon from a Pokemon Ruby SAV file.

moves..jpg

main..jpg

met..png

stats..jpg

moves..jpg.960a4db701ad6fdaa9fba61342f73

main..jpg.b2dd26d2163cff09f25ac3c50e6fc9

met..png.d566aff91d3a4b228c8d7b79f139426

stats..jpg.9199c49d9acca85b98005be9aeb4b

When you edit Ho-Oh's nickname and click on species name, the – in his name becomes a ?.

28ceq2t.jpg

ok fixed

First, I would like to thank KazoWAR for creating and releasing this program. :biggrin:

On another note, Evandixon brought this cut-off issue up before, but I'm still experiencing it even when using version 1.17. Is anyone else still having a problem like the attachment when editing storage and party pokemon? I'm using this program on Windows 7. The screenshots are taken from trying to edit an existing storage Pokemon from a Pokemon Ruby SAV file.

try the new v1.18

maybe vba or your ROM was set to 64kb saves, so instead of loading slot 2, it loaded slot 1, and also it failed to save trying to write to slot 2.

The rom plain doesn't load (gets stuck on a white screen) if the emulator is set to 64kb saves.

Trying to pal park those specific Pokémon would result in "Save failed..." while Pal-Parking any other would work fine.