Game Distribution: X Y

Distribution Type: Nintendo Network

Distribution Location:

Sources:German &. Others

Japanese Website

Edited by King Impoleon
Color changed

Thanks for posting this up.

We've finally got confirmation on the first X and Y event, and it's wifi, so many people should be able to contribute.

It has also been announced for Japanese, and all NA/EU language games (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish). I don't know about Korean yet.

As they all start at the same time, it will be tough to determine how events regulate which language they are available to. My guess is that the WC (if they use WCs still) text will be in whatever language the game is set to, rather than by the cartridge's region. So it's still unknown how local events will be handled.

As I've said before, though, we definitely want people to contribute these files, but it may be some time before anyone is actually able to make use of them.

If you would like to contribute, please contribute:

The following save files (with MINIMAL changes between them, preferably ONLY the act of obtaining the event)

Before downlading the Event/Wonder Card
  • After downloading the Event/Wonder Card
  • After picking up the Event Pokemon/Item in-game

You will need a device to back up your save files from retail cartridges, btw.

What do they mean by Nintendo Network? Do they mean by Nintendo Zone or Nintendo Wi-Fi or will it be done at places like GAME STOP? I did not see any answered questions about this so I thought I better ask. Thanks xD.:)

EDIT: Nevermind I just now saw it is Wi-Fi. Does Nintendo Network mean Nintedo is distributing the event though? Thanks xD.:)

• 3 weeks later...

As they all start at the same time, it will be tough to determine how events regulate which language they are available to. My guess is that the WC (if they use WCs still) text will be in whatever language the game is set to, rather than by the cartridge's region. So it's still unknown how local events will be handled.

Does that mean you expect all distributions via Internet to be global for all languages at the same time? If so, may I ask what information makes you think like that?

As I'm planning to get a second 3DS for more flexible trading between my copies of X and Y, I had the idea of importing the japanese golden 3DS LL package to get access to more Events, as WC extraction & injection is not expectable in the next time. But I wouldn't get a foreign one in case everything comes in all languages...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've got confirmation now that XY will be using Mystery Gifts and Wonder Cards in a very similar (if not almost identical) manner to Gen V.

So my post above about when to back up save files for contribution stands as it is!

This is kind of a moot point for this event, but it's also been confirmed that the games/consoles connect to the event server for the region of the console/game (Japan, NA, EU) regardless of language selection in-game. For the Europe server, it'll be interesting to see if it sends a Wonder Card based on the selected game language or not. Pretty sure the JP servers will only send Japanese cards and NA would be only English (maybe French and Spanish, too?).

Break down:

Japanese console/game: Most likely only Japanese language WC/distro text

NA console/game: Most likely only English WC/distro text (maybe French and Spanish?)

EU console/game: WC/Distro text based on EU language selection?

Let's try to confirm these when the game comes out!

Edited by Guested

Wonder card text (EU 3DS, console language set to EN, game set to JP):

A Special Torchic!

ダウンロード してくれくれて

ありがとう!

おくりものは ポケモンセンターにいる

はいたついんから うけとってね!

Distribution text (EU 3DS, console language set to EN, game set to JP):
It's a Torchic with a Hidden Ability,

and it's holding a Mega Stone for you!

This Pokémon will be a great help on your

adventure in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

Icon: A Torchic.

I'll get a Garchomp code and see if EU 3DSes can recieve that next month.

...It appears the games aren't region-free, which makes the rest of my post meaningless. As such, I removed a paragraph to prevent any misunderstandings. As for why they're region-locked...? I have no idea. For the digital version, the same files are downloaded for every region, at least...

Edited by bluesun
Not region-free after all?

Thanks for the details, bluesun!

I got the same thing with a Japanese 3DS/game set to English language: the pkm of Torchic was English, but the distro text was Japanese. I'm assuming Japanese servers only have Japanese distro text and EU/NA servers will not have Japanese language.

Is anyone else playing in a different EU language?

I'd like to know if the distro text changes to German, French, Spanish, or Italian if you have that set as your game language on an EU game.

The same applies for NA, but it seems less likely there'd be more languages (maybe Spanish and French?).

Hopefully someone with an EU game/console can check this! Thanks!

I will confirm right now that Korea also gets the Torchic event, as I just received one right now:

nIYqwBp.jpg

The text in the bottom reads as follows:

포켓몬스터 X . Y의 모험을

도와줄 메가스톤을 지닌

숨겨진 특성의 아차모를 선물합니다!

Rough English translation (as Korean sentences are not the same grammatical order as English)

Receive the gift Mega Stone holding Achamo (Torchic) with Hidden Ability, which will help your adventure in Pokemon X/Y.

The top screen just says thank you for downloading it and how to pick it up in-game.

Is there any way I can upload the Wonder Card or something? Wish I could help, so I'm not going to use the Torchic card until I can find out a way to do so.