Is it possible to edit PKM File Sprites?

Vulkan

If Possible, Should this be done in a sort of Pokemon Event style?  

1. 1. If Possible, Should this be done in a sort of Pokemon Event style?

• Yes
    • Yes, and I would help
    • No
    • It's Not Possible

:redface: Hi, my name is Vulkan(Obviously)and i'm a long time pokemon fan, and first poster/pkm gts downloader. I been wondering since recently if it could be possible to take a pkm file (say for example a nidorino) and edit it's sprites so it would look different than ANY of the other pokemon. I believe this would be theoretically possible, but, now that I think about it the game might not recognize the pkm file. If it is, would someone offer help me create the sprite (I'm not a spriter :frown:) and, if it's also possible, change the moveset [including the moves learned through evolution(ex: NIDORINO learned Horn Attack! changes to maybe NIDORINO learned Roar of Time!P]. If this does work I might be able to take the file and upload it to Pokedit and send it to my game through the GTS. If anyone AT ALL knows how to or if this would work, please answer. Someone might be able to make an entire website or program off of it.

Sincerely,

A Young Curious Trainer,

Vulkan

That's not possible.

The look of a Pokemons sprite and also his possible moves are not saved in a simple .pkm file. PokeGen can edit all the data which is contained in a .pkm file.

Those sprite and moveset data is stored in the game directly, so the only chance to get it changed is ROM hacking. Otherwise that's not possible.