The Misfits

The Misfits

Introduction:

This is one twisted team. I don't even know if it synergises well, and for the most part, I found some of them awkward, hence their name. You will see why I call them the misfits. I don't believe this team would get you far up in the ladder, nor is it designed to even be used all that competitively. But I was bored, and so I remembered some of the strange sets I used to tinker around and said, hey why not just create a team out of those? And hence the Misfits are here.

Objective of this team:

To surprise the opponents using sets that nobody ever uses anymore, or just plain trolling. Some of it actually works at times.

Here is a recent example of such event.

Other Notes:

• This team was designed for Pokemon Online, a battle simulator for Generation I/II/III/IV/V Pokemon metagame. Since I do not possess this game none of this will be playable on Wifi. Nor do I have perfect IVs on anyone. Therefore, assume IVs are all 31 unless otherwise stated. Also assume they are all level 100.
  • Don't expect this team to win most of the time: it's just for fun and a base for someone who wants to try implementing strange Pokemon sets into a team.
  • Some of the names here have NSFW meanings :/
  • I actually had different Pokemon on its first incarnation, but PO crashed in the middle and wouldn't restore it. So I had to make a fresh new one... and idk if it matches up with the other one I was intending on making, as it wasn't fresh on my mind, I could not recall it.

The Misfits

[hgsssprite]205[/hgsssprite]

무감정자 (쏘콘) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Rapid Spin

- Volt Switch

- Gyro Ball / Spikes

- Stealth Rock / Spikes

The name means "person without emotions"... hence "Emo", because he's sheltered in his little shell. He's the utility Pokemon, so he's probably the only "Normal" Pokemon here, with a typical set and EV spread. I don't have much to explain about this guy... he Rapid Spins the opponent's entry hazards and has his own Stealth Rocks to lay down. Volt Switch out if needed, while STAB Gyro Ball hits hard against faster opponents, which is invariably almost anybody you encounter that isn't Steelix or something. Make sure it has an IV of 0 on speed to maximise the damage output of Gyro Ball. Otherwise, feel free to use another spinner in its place if it doesn't appeal to you.

[hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite]

탈북자 (무장조) (F) @ Shed Shell

Trait: Weak Armor

EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Drill Peck

- Night Slash / Steel Wing

- Roost

The nickname means "North Korean defector". Forretress and Skarmory on the same team? Okay, as soon as I saw a Weak Armour Dream World Skarmory, I was thinking if there was any way to salvage that, as Skarmory is usually relegated to a defensive pivot role. But she has access to Swords Dance! Though her attacks are kind of weak, they're there nonetheless. STAB Drill Peck comes with her in Dream World, while I'd run Steel Wing for STAB (and it might be of best interest as it also comes with a chance of raising Defence by one level), I just ran Night Slash because of pesky Ghosts. I wanted Brave Bird but that is hereditary and the recoil is too high. Though the attacks are moderate, they're good enough. Roost is there to recover off damage. Mind you, Skarmory is of Steel typing, so she can still take resisted hits quite well, even if she appears more plushy than usual. If you get this to work, it can do some unexpected damage. The speed may be a bit low, but switch into a physical touching attack and her speed should raise, though the defence drop is annoying. You can even switch to Adamant if you want for better power output, but the speed is quite crucial. I'll be honest though and I haven't really had much opportunities to use this one as other Pokemon did most of the work and didn't really let Skarmory do her thing. If that is the case, feel free to tack on a generic Choice Scarfer like Terrakion or Landorus or something, because this team lacks speed.

[hgsssprite]186[/hgsssprite]

자살하고싶은자 (왕구리) (M) @ Salac Berry

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Belly Drum

- Waterfall

- Return

- Substitute

That name means "suicidal person". I know, I'm crazy, perhaps mental, and I can't believe I'm doing this to one of my favourite Pokemon, but that's how it goes. Anyways, Politoed is well known for having Drizzle and is one of the more popular Pokemon in OU these days. Water Absorb Politoeds are never in use (not that they were used much long ago except from me or some other loony), so Drizzle is there to feign a typical Choice Scarfer/Spec/bulky Frog. But switch in to some obvious weakling of an attack like Flamethrower from a Choice locked Hydreigon or Heatran, Substitute on the switch, start Belly Drumming (hence suicidal) and watch as your opponent tries to switch in something to counter this. Note that this works best late game and not in the beginning, but if you must switch in Politoed early, hmm... I guess you can Waterfall but that kind of gives it away. Salac Berry should activate if done right, giving you a + 6/+1 frog that will deal loads of damage to its foes. Also, Waterfall is powered up by STAB and Drizzle, so there's not much asides from Water Absorbers/Storm Drainers and such that will live to tell the tale. Return is for coverage, but feel free to run Ice Punch, Earthquake, Bulldoze, or anything of that effect, but it's the best I can think of for coverage. Or you can run Scald to feign a bulky frog (actually not a bad idea) but you will lack coverage. Or Focus Blast or some other special attack, I suppose. In that case run another nature like Naive or Naughty. You can even run Water Absorb but people will question you then... though you can easily say "oops wrong ability". But because of that surprise factor, I specifically put another Water Pokemon in the team to help alleviate that.

[sprite]272[/sprite]

마약 중독자 (로파파) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Rain Dish

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Leech Seed

- Toxic

- Substitute

- Dive / Protect

The name means Drug Addict. I'm so evil. This was a popular set back in Advance, where Divecolo was quite evil. Though Dive probably isn't practical now, seeing as Surf can still hit it while under, for double damage, along with the rain powering it up. But Ludicolo is 4x resistant to water, so it should not be too bad. Swift Swimmers cannot be in the same team as Drizzle Pokemon, so you really don't have much choice but to Rain Dish. But that doesn't matter: that's what this guy is doing anyways. Tentacruel and Ferrothorn counters this set HARD, but other than that, this guy will prove to be a nuisance to the enemy. I don't really have to explain much. Force out a switch, Substitute, Seed/Toxic... it will quickly add up and get annoying. You can replace Dive with Protect... in fact, I'd recommend that. But it becomes a Taunt bait. Not that people expect Taunt bait Ludicolo...

[hgsssprite]038[/hgsssprite]

매춘부 (나인테일) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 80 SDef / 40 Spd

- Substitute

- Swagger

- Foul Play

- Flame Charge

Ninetales's nickname? Oh boy... let's say a nicer form of it is "a hooker". All right. Here comes the very Pokemon that inspired me to do this. I know Liepard does this better thanks to STAB Foul Play, better speed, Prankster, and access to Thunder Wave, but this is at the very least quite unexpected of Ninetales. Ninetales also boasts the ability to force switches out on things and an arguably "better defensive typing", even if Fire isn't known for defence. I also wanted to utilise Ninetales's versatility, as she can do many things with that large trickster of a movepool, but nobody really does that and goes out of their way to do something like this. Basically, force out a switch, Substitute, and people will be quite confused. Okay, a defensive set. Will she Calm Mind? Nope, Swagger. Swagger? What? Why Swagger when you have Confuse Ray? Swagger is 90% accurate, but still it does one thing that Confuse Ray doesn't: + 2 attack, which means more risky things for the foe. After you accumulate enough Swaggers on the foe (if it doesn't switch out), use Foul Play and watch them take so much damage they will go "WHOA WHAT WAS THAT??" Flame Charge is there for STAB (lol) because after one Flame Charge speed boost Ninetales will hit 405 speed, enough to outpace many things... but after 2 you'll basically outspeed everything that isn't Unburden Sceptile at max speed. Pranksters and Taunt will put an end to this strategy, but once you surprise that Gyarados that switches in (as a lot of Pokemon in this metagame tends to max attack), and if Lady Fortuna is on your side, this will take down at least one Pokemon. Beware of Roar or Whirlwind. Skarmory isn't going to switch in to Ninetales, however, in fear of Flamethrower or Fire Blast. They won't in the long run... until you reveal her full set. Drought also powers up Flame Charge (again lol) but remember it also masks Ninetales's true intentions. You can run Flash Fire if you want to "hard counter" Volcarona, but that kind of thing works better with CM + Psyshock variant Ninetales. It's unexpected to say the very least, but quite hilarious at the same time. In Team Preview, people will wonder what you are thinking when you put a Politoed and Ninetales on the same team. It can happen folks: it can happen. By the way, Liepard does this much better, except it is quite expected of it (so people will find counters to it), while Gengar with the same type of moveset has the best speed (though no Prankster) and has the defensive typing to force out many Pokemon (though DisableGar is probably best for it). Those are some other options.

[sprite]373[/sprite]

골목대장 (보만다) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Wish

- Protect

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

The name means Alley Boss, though I really meant "Bully". Yes, Salamence is a bully, except this one is a strange one and is a nurturer. Wish Salamence? Crazy, I know. It's an event Bagon from Gen III, and is very atypical of the sweeper Salamence you see often. But somebody needs a real Fire move like Flamethrower, so here's the dragon that will do it. And with max HP/Def and intimidate you can bet this is very very bulky. It will take Durant's Stone Edge like a boss (though with SR it will probably OHKO at +1/-1) and still does decent damage with Dragon Pulse STAB and Flamethrower. It's strange, but still does her job, as she resists Grass, Bug, Fighting, Fire, Water and Ground (immunity) attacks. I mean, you can go ahead and replace it with a typical Chansey or something, but what's the fun to that? Most of this team is full of unexpected surprises, so what is there not to like?

Copy/Paste into PO (translated to Engrish)

Emo (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Rapid Spin

- Volt Switch

- Gyro Ball

- Stealth Rock

Defector (Skarmory) (F) @ Shed Shell

Trait: Weak Armor

EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Spd